• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
Curious, interested, intelligent, focussed, talented, witty.

What a shitty assignment, that's all i came up with.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
i really hate summer assignments....ok, i need 20 traits that someone involved in the scientific field would need. so far i have creative, persistent, hard-working, organized, methodical, observant, thorough, precise, and logical. i need 11 more, does anybody have any ideas?

Thesaurus.com

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Would anyone happen to know a few examples of factors that limit geographic distribution in general. Most of my research leads me to information about specific species. Thanks in advance.

Would anyone happen to know a few examples of factors that limit geographic distribution in general. Most of my research leads me to information about specific species. Thanks in advance.

climate differences. EX: tropical vs. wetland

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i need themes from the book The Screwtape Letters. i read the book i just have trouble coming up with themes.
and one more conflict besides The Patient vs. Screwtape & Wormwood and The Enemy vs. Our Father below please?

thanks in advance.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Why don't you try Sparknotes? (there's nothing dishonorable if you've read the book and you're making a conscious effort to analyze it).

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
sure, but i wouldn't really depend on sparknotes, since its content is written by students just like you and me

but shucks if you have to resort to a website like that, i'd hit up cliff notes because its content is at least written by college professors who actually know what they're talking about

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
sure, but i wouldn't really depend on sparknotes, since its content is written by students just like you and me

but shucks if you have to resort to a website like that, i'd hit up cliff notes because its content is at least written by college professors who actually know what they're talking about

Except that Cliff Notes has some of the important facts on the book completely wrong sometimes. (i.e. The Grapes of Wrath) I'd much rather rely on sparknotes. It hasn't failed me yet.

niether cliff notes nor spark notes have anything on The Screwtape Letters. despite it being a very famous book by a very famous author (C.S. Lewis), i guess they don't find it important enough to make a guide on it.

Try to find it on wikipedia, if they don't have it there, google it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Oh The Screwtape Letters is great.
I didn't read much of it at all, but perhaps The Enemy vs. Humanity? He's not only trying to take the Father down, but bring us down to get to the Father. Not sure :p

Or rather, an internal conflict with the patient and temptation of evil.

Last edited:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Would someone be able to describe a couple anatomical and physiological comparisons between plants using C4 photosynthesis, and those using CAM photosynthesis?

Edit: I've basically got the physiological differences between the two covered, as well as an analysis on kranz anatomy for C4 plants, and I also understand that CAM plants may be other types of C4 plants, but I need an anatomical difference between the two. So, anyone have an answer?

Last edited:

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
Here's a math problem I'm having trouble with:

Pizzas are to be ordered for a party. The restaurant offers three specials.

Special A: a small, together with a medium pizza, for 13 dollars.
Special B: 2 medium pizzas for 14 dollars.
Special C: a large pizza for 15 dollars.

A small pizza has diameter 12", a medium pizza 16" and a large pizza 20".

Rank A, B and C from the greatest to the least square inches per dollar.

CBA, BCA, ABC, ACB, BAC

So yeah. Problem from a math competition in 1997 for a scholarship to UMBC/UMCP. We're supposed to be able to solve problems like this in less than 3 minutes. <<

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Er. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. But:

Special A: 12+16=28 28/13= $2.15 per square inch

Special B: 16(2)= 32 32/14= $2.29 per square inch

Special C: 20/15= $1.33 per square inch

I'm pretty sure that's right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back