• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hope the new union leaders eventually get their own unique Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Pretty dull having the new leaders use the same weapons...starter weapons at that.

Would cement them being the new Leaders more, that and Keyblades based on them are bound to look great. Would give their unions a little more identity too.(Assuming we'll have to eventually choose again)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I agree. I like Starlight, but it's just stupid how every Union Leader has the same Keyblade. They should get their own Keyblades, yup.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think there's already a hint towards the new Union leaders wielding new Keyblades...

Lost_Memory_KHBBS.png

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I agree with Alpha Baymax, after the events of Chi, Ven's Lost Memory looks rather peculiar. Its name always caught my attention because what memory exactly is/was lost? The period of him being Xehanort's apprentice or this + the previous years, however many? A part of the memory was recovered, but there's a lot missing for some reason. And its design is very different from Ven's other BBS Keyblades too...
I remember Ephemer, Skuld and Strelitzia use the Starlight. Do I miss a scene where Blaine and Ven have a keyblade in hand?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I remember Ephemer, Skuld and Strelitzia use the Starlight. Do I miss a scene where Blaine and Ven have a keyblade in hand?
Nope. Their Keyblades haven't been shown yet, but with the other three using Starlight it's natural to assume Ventus and Blaine are using it too.

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
The six main characters will most likely get signature Keyblades.

Ephemera: Most likely a Dandelion themed one, while mixed with something presenting the present
Skuld: If I remember correctly, Skuld is the goddess of the past. So it would be time themed (Similar to Young Xehanort's)
Ventus: Wait, why is he here? He already has one!
Blaine: We don't know much about him, but based on his dark colors...His Keyblade would have a darker color scheme.
Strelitzia: She is named after a flower, so it could have floral designs while maintaining a Union charm like Ava's.
Player: One that is based on the Keyblade War. Probably mimicking Luxu's or a Union Leader to a certain extent.

These are just my ideas though.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I would actually hate it so much if that ended being her Keyblade..would just fuel the whole Kairi connections/Grandma thing even more.

They can easily make something far better that's just based on her color scheme alone. Besides that i wonder how they'll receive their own Keyblades in the first place.

If i remember right it was the Master that gave the Foretellers their own unique Keyblades right?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wasn't it like in one of the recent interviews Nomura stated that the main reason he choose to let Ventus point out that he's only "average" in rankings in order to show that he isn't wielding any special Keyblade?

That being said though, especially in Ven's case I wonder if he actually wields just a version of Starlight like Ephemer and Skuld (but backhanded) or if he already has his Wayward Wind which is obviously his personal blade.

If Ventus doesn't stand out and also uses a generic one it stands to reason that maybe eventually they will get unique ones, even if only to bridge Chi-Ven with present-Ven.
The main question is though, what could be the reason for the Dandelion leaders to suddenly gain individualized Keyblades?
It is said that Keyblades come from within an individuals' heart and we obviously do know they can evolve and change form.
Aqua's Rainfell => Stormfall and Terra's Earthshaker => Ends of the Earth are the more obvious examples.

So maybe some story events will eventually result in their default blades changing forms to a more individualized design.

I agree with Alpha Baymax, after the events of Chi, Ven's Lost Memory looks rather peculiar. Its name always caught my attention because what memory exactly is/was lost? The period of him being Xehanort's apprentice or this + the previous years, however many? A part of the memory was recovered, but there's a lot missing for some reason. And its design is very different from Ven's other BBS Keyblades too...

I always took it as "Lost Memory" referring to the entirety of his former memories Ventus lost after the creation of Vanitas, which BBS itself also hinted at.
We don't know how much of his old memories Ven actually did get back after the scenes at Destiny Islands, the only ones confirmed and which we got made privy to were Vanitas' creation and the events immediately preceding it.

This leaves much to speculate and scratch one's head about.

When one takes a closer look there are indeed several design elements of the Lost Memory that do not go along with the general designs of the other Blades in BBS itself but interestingly it does have some general thematic similarities to Ven's default blade.
Lost_Memory_KHBBS.png
Wayward_Wind_KHBBS.png

Both have a certain feather/wing motif, a rather sleek and unusual "blade", a two-colored hilt/handguard and the "teeth" are connected to the blade via two "rings".
Contrasting are their color schemes with Lost Memory having white and silver with red accents (teeth and keychain) while WW has black and gold with green accents (gem in the keychain) as well as their general appearance.
Lost Memory looks somewhat regal and detailed, almost artistic, while Wayward Wind has a more rusty looking, plain/mechanic and practical design, so possibly wielding them both together could look rather odd but also complementary at the same time.

On a side note,I just noticed the mechanical elements of Wayward Wind, especially the teeth, somewhat remind me of the cogwheels and machinery present in the Foreteller's castle. It can be spotted both in Back Cover and X[chi] itself when Player and Ephemer are exploring the tunnels below the castle in order to sneak in.
Then there's on top of course this one as well:
Void_Gear_%28Vanitas%29_KHBBS.png

Apart from the MoM's eye, the mechanic design elements are even more blatant in this one, including actual cogwheels but it also has the red and silver color scheme, but with more black and any white or green missing.

Back to Lost Memory, it also references Ven's broken heart, so I'm intrigued if there would exist a "version" or "evolution" of it which reflects his intact, healthy heart, possibly with matching wings and a full red heart?
After all, the X[chi]-Keyblades all have different "evolution"-levels and the higher levels add additional elements to both the teeth and handguards (Sleeping Lion for example does gain additional wings on higher levels).
If Lost Memory had a full red heart with matching wings though, the teeth would bear resemblance at least color-wise (with the silver/red combo) to something else:
wv5r0y.jpg

Blood red surrounded by silver is also the "X Super" sigil on Luxu's travel box, although this one is surrounded by thorns/spikes instead of wings, thus thematically the opposite of the teeth of the Lost Memory Keyblade.
In mythology, Thorns, Talons and spikes are often used to denote danger, demons and hurt while wings stand for security, angels and healing.

Now could this mean that "Lost Memory" and all its possible evolution levels is actually Ventus' true individual Keyblade?
If so, what is Wayward Wind then? Ventus already wields it before Xehanort creates Vanitas so what? Maybe they're both part of the same "line" of Keyblades?

Eep, sorry, that turned into quite a tangent, lol, my thoughts went somewhat on a walk...

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Now could this mean that "Lost Memory" and all its possible evolution levels is actually Ventus' true individual Keyblade?
If so, what is Wayward Wind then? Ventus already wields it before Xehanort creates Vanitas so what? Maybe they're both part of the same "line" of Keyblades?

Now that you pointed this out, I think the reason behind Wayward Wind's existence, if Lost Memory would indeed be Ven's original Keyblade, stands behind the answer to another unanswered question: what does Ven remember before the creation of Vanitas? Is his memory of the Chi events erased, which made him basically "restart" with a new Keyblade as a consequence of losing his previous individuality? One's individuality is composed by the memories they have, we know after the plot of CoM, and a heart carrying the owner's specific individuality plus strength of heart lead to the creation of keyblades with personal designs, after all.
This in turn makes me question the massive and repeated use of Starlight before the war...
So, this, or Ven still has everything from the Chi times in his memory and... and I don't know why he'd use Wayward Wind instead of something like Lost Memory which feels more like a blade from the age of fairy tales...
Would love to see if Ven wields the Keyblade backwards in Chi too btw! He might not do that in Chi and his backward wielding could be a consequence of some major change...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I would actually hate it so much if that ended being her Keyblade..would just fuel the whole Kairi connections/Grandma thing even more. They can easily make something far better that's just based on her color scheme alone.

I hate how people are trying to force the Kairi's grandma projection onto Striletzia. Striletzia is not Kairi's grandma. There's plenty of other children from Daybreak Town that can fit that specification (including the "unknown character"). It's not like Blaine/Ienzo in which you can make a plausible connection, it's an outright stretch to connect Striletzia and Kairi's grandmother. More positively speaking, Nomura's creative with Keyblades, if they all end up with their own weaponry then he can create something original for her.

Wasn't it like in one of the recent interviews Nomura stated that the main reason he choose to let Ventus point out that he's only "average" in rankings in order to show that he isn't wielding any special Keyblade?

That being said though, especially in Ven's case I wonder if he actually wields just a version of Starlight like Ephemer and Skuld (but backhanded) or if he already has his Wayward Wind which is obviously his personal blade.

There's also the possibility that Ventus retrieved the Wayward Wing during his time with Master Xehanort. Ventus having the Wayward Wind may have been symbolic of him being in a new era, and with erased memories, starting a new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back