• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Horizon: Zero Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, since photo mode was added to this game a while ago, what if we shared some of the photos we have taken here? I am interested to see what all sorts of cool shots you guys have taken.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Photo mode was always in the game. :D

Sure, I'm all for it!! Not at home rn, though

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Photo mode was always in the game. :D

Sure, I'm all for it!! Not at home rn, though

Oh it was always there, I thought at first that it was added trough an update or something.

saiko_yonebayashi_thumbs_up_by_ken_kanecchi-daqiwq4.png

Cool dude, I am interested to see what you have! I`ll also add some of the photos I`ve taken.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Here are some of the new shots I have taken:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nothing super special, but I like how most of them turned out, especially the last one.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I haven't touched Horizon since my first playthrough but I thoroughly enjoy it, looking forward to the DLC in November.

If anyone is interested here are my shots taken.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This game has come a long way, hasn't it?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I finally got this game, and man....holy shit. I got this game to fill my Monster Hunter thirst, and while it shares similar elements, it's just sooooooo different (but in a good way). If this game doesn't get GOTY, then I'll cry. This is groundbreaking game development and the game play functionality is astounding. The only issues I've found within the game is the blatant fish face animations (Fallout tier) and bland story telling. Lots of parts to the story just makes it feel unnecessary. I mean everyone enjoys a good side quest or errands, but I don't give 2 shits about their back story, their qualms, etc.

Anyways, phenomenal game. I got a feeling this one will take some time to complete judging by the map.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Meh.
This game is part of the "things I don't really understand why they're so loved" list, it was really subpar in everything but graphics. I bought this game after hearing literally everyone I trust and follow singing its praise, and I expected another great title to go with the rest of great content this year, but... oh boy.

The story was really bland. While discovering the events of the past was fun and decently exposed, the actual story felt like every animated movie ever
Spoiler Spoiler Show
with no original elements in it to make it stick out.
The characters themselves gave me... nothing. They were vessels for lines of dialogue and rarely anything more. And even when they were, they looked like those tertiary characters in every Assassin's Creed: the weak guy that admires the protagonist and wants to help, the leader that will help you after being rescued, the stern superior, the other superior who dotes on you... Aloy herself suffers from Brave blandness: she's strong-willed, and curious. And that's pretty much it about her. Not much else is known about what she likes/dislikes aside from obvious story-related stuff.
I will say the ending sequence was touching. The after credit scene? A bit less. Back to the blandness with the "ohhh perhaps there's a sequel perhaps not!" reveal.

The combat felt responsive is what I will praise about it but a bit underdeveloped, especially in close range. Same with the enemies: I was really into it at the beginning, fighting or studying the creatures wondering what will I encounter later, only to find out the enemy variety was so poor. You have a handful of robot creatures and that's it. And most of them are encountered pretty early too.
The battles follow a similar note: you fight against your "archnemesis" in a fight with explosive barrels that seemed like an Arkham game mid-boss battle, I expected so much more.
Same with the bad guy: the final stretch of the game was just a gauntles of every enemy in waves that would make every PS1 game proud. Like, not even a super-duper final big machine for the final struggle?
Exploration was good. Obviously this game shines on aestethics.
I will not spend much time talking about side-content as even fans of the game ackowledged it was less than stellar. Again: been there, done that. Definitely didn't gave me hours and hours of quality entertainment.

This is not a BAD game by any means. But its mediocrity kills it for me: everything I did or witnessed felt something already performed a million times over, with no real original touch. It also doesn't help that its biggest selling point are the graphics and the frames and all that stuff, and I couldn't care less. Polishing a boring scene doesn't make it less boring.
I'm definitely in the minority, something that baffles me (not because I think my judgment is better than the rest: but because I read countless positive reviews and I still struggle ot udnerstand what about this game captured others), but yeah, this game is nowhere near GOTY for me, not when Automata and Persona 5 are a thing (quoting just games around that same period).

Back