• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How are the Final Mix additions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From the Unknown to Leaf Bracer, Giga shadows to Diamond Dust, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix added quite a few new additions to an already packed game.
But I want to hear from you. Do you think these are good changes? Do you think there's not enough? Was there something added that you don't agree with? Or have you not really taken any notice to these additions?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Funny, I was looking at Gigas Shadow's entry in the game when I came across this post.

Out of all the new contents, I'd say I like the addition of new abilities, especially Tech Boost. It encourages one to fight more strategically and not only button-mash enemies to oblivion. I find it satisfying to see the word Tech pop up on the screen upon successful parry or block, and with Tech Boost, the tech points gained can be multiplied by up to 16. I also loved the addition of special enemies. Each individual pose a challenge and forces you to incorporate strategy if you ever want to beat them, which is a refreshing change from the usual bashing applicable to most enemies.

On the other hand, synthesis becomes much more tedious. A few upscale items need chain-synthesis *cough*SevenElements*cough* and the materials needed can sometimes be a lot and a pain to get *cough*FrostStone*cough*. If I'm not mistaken, there's a synthesis item that you can no longer buy off the item store in Final Mix, although I can't remember what it is. But hey, there are reasons why those items are so hard to synthesise...

Yup, I guess that's about it for me.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think most of the palette swaps are distracting. Heartless are supposed to be a manifestation of darkness, yet some of them just look too silly. There really should have been the option to switch between the original palette the FM palette, or maybe of had Heartless spawn with the different palettes randomly.

The new abilities, I like them. They don't necessarily feel new though. It's more like when you discover something in a game you hadn't noticed before. It's exciting, but really doesn't change too much.

The new cutscenes seem to be the best thing. I haven't gotten very far, so the only one I've seen is Riku appeared in Hallow Bastion, but it was exciting to see. While I have seen all of them before, I wasn't exactly sure when they actually play in the game. When the cutscene of Riku in Hallow Bastion played I was confused because I am so used to how it normally goes, so when it just came up it was surprising. Was nifty.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think most of the palette swaps are distracting. Heartless are supposed to be a manifestation of darkness, yet some of them just look too silly. There really should have been the option to switch between the original palette the FM palette, or maybe of had Heartless spawn with the different palettes randomly.

Ah, sorry for hitchhiking on your opinion, but I agree with you. Some of the common Heartless' palette swap I can bear with, but the others are just... wow, they stick out like a sore thumb. Flashy green Gargoyles, really? And it just doesn't feel right to see a purple Trickmaster playing with fire, which is why this one more than fairly bothered me.

Phantom is one interesting case for me. Being black and white, it really contrasts with the dark sky of Neverland, which is really distracting and seems out-of-place, but the colour scheme looks like that of Nobodies, which I like.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not too far into the game, but so far it seems to me like the new colour schemes are now closer to those of the surroundings?

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
I love all the additions.

The abilities are whats most interesting to me. Like another poster said, it makes me think a touch more strategically in battle. It's also more fun to battle with those abilities.

I like how the nerfed the game here and there and made it more difficult for me. I'm enjoying proud mode now and cant wait to get to the more difficult bosses. I enjoy a good battle.

The colors are fine with me, I don't mind them either way. Looks polished, I guess.

As other poster said, the item synthesis list is much longer and difficult to achieve, which is fine with me since they are supposed to be rare items.

I'm cool with the additions of the new heartless in different worlds (mainly for item-synthesis reason), and I really am looking forward to the new optional boss (cant remember the name).

If there is one thing I'd add it would be a further tournament in the Olympus Coliseum where you faced off with all the various bosses in the game (pick / choose) and maybe a few new ones. I would love to be able to smash away the bosses in the game at will. It's just what's enjoyable to me in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back