• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How can I get taller?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
My advice won't do a thing.

But eees healthy, no? :p

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It could be genetics you know. Is your father tall? If so, was he the same height at your age?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You're fourteen years old. Of course you're not going to be that tall. Wait till you're seventeen if you really want to be able to keep track of your relative height. And as mentioned before, being taller than everyone your age, especially when you're also taller than most people double your age, it can get very annoying unless around people who know you and don't have to comment on your height as though you somehow haven't noticed it ever before. Coming from a six-foot-and-six-inches-tall seventeen-year-old here.

And if your parents are of average or short stature, or you lack any real moderate or tall members in your family, then there's nothing that can be done about it.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah, just wait it out... Genes play more of a role in your adult height, of course there are always variations to that (try looking at your parents' height and the guys in your family for an estimate)... The things you eat and the kind of exercises you undergo may also play a role however, not as much as you may think.. Maybe at the most, eating healthier and exercising might yield a little bit of growth, or most likely none at all... I'll just say it's best to get as much nutrients as possible, just in case...

But if I were you I wouldn't start worrying just yet... You're only 14... You're either average, or slightly behind others who have started puberty... People who start later usually finish in a quicker time span... But you're probably average...

I remember when I hit my growth spurt... I was like 5 foot 3 and 13... By the time I was 14, I was like 5 foot 9... By the time I was 15 I was 6 ft... At 16, my growth slowed down considerably however, over the 3-4 years of high school, I grew 4 more inches...

I'm 18 (almost 19) and I'm 6 foot 4 now... I'm glad to be done growing in height...

Not saying you'd be as tall as I, or as tall as the others here, but you have a good chance at being average and not remaining at your current height... You might have a huge growth spurt for a couple years, and then it will slow down as you near your adult height. Nearing your adult height, instead of a huge spurts, you'll only grow a little each year until your reach your adult height (as in many cases with guys). I've read somewhere that it's common for boys to grow a foot over the span of puberty...

Of course nothing is definite... But you'll most likely grow more...

Allister Rose

French Lover
judging from your age, you still have alot of time for you to grow.

men stop growing around 20 or 21.

T

The Spoiler

Men stop growing at 18-19
Women stop growing at 16-17

Pretty sure

O

Oberon

Yeah you have plenty of time to grow. I'm sure by 18-20 you'll have maxed out (you still vary in height as you grow older as well). If you think you've got a shorter height gene, look at your surrounding and extended family and see if its possible someone had it already. That might give you an explanation if you'll get much taller. If no one is that short I'm sure you'll get a huge growth spurt eventually.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
You're lucky, I'm actually frightened at how tall I am right now [5' 4" or more]. It's only made worse because some of my relatives didn't stop growing until their twenties. D: Eep...

Anyway, don't be afraid of being 'short'. You still got several years to grow up, like everyone else said, and around the upper four foot range and lower five foot is average for 13/14 year olds.

HeartlessDragon

Alot of milk-No Soda!
And- lots of exercise and streching(after adequate sleeping) should help.
These are but basic principles of growth.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I know 5' 4" is not exceptionally tall but, it's still to the point where I'm taller then most people I know. :< Most adults I know are around... 5' 6" to 5' 10". I just don't feel comfy at this height. Especially after seeing other people my age about five inches shorter.

Awards
moonshoes.jpg

T

The Spoiler

MOON SHOES!!!!! Dogwut

You should like, have some scientist do experiments on you or somethin

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
my doctor said 20-21

I think height growth for men usually stops in the late teens.. However, muscle tissue, body hair, and facial hair continue to grow throughout the early 20s and sometimes a little later... So even after height stops, the body keeps on developing a few more years later...

But anything is possible.. If someone starts puberty late, I suppose height growth can extend into the 20s, but that's rare...

LionHeart14

Milk doesn't make you taller lol. It makes your bones stronger, but it doesn't make you grow.

You're only 14, you'll have your growth spurt within the next several years ^.^
Some boys start growing around 13, but some don't start until like 16 or 17. Either way, don't worry about it for now. You're perfectly normal and your growth spurt will come eventually d_(^.^)_b

7thspade

Drink milk. A lot of milk.

Or maybe genetics is just against you. You might just end up being short or average height. In that case, start lifting weights now and go out for wrestling. Shorter guys kill in wrestling cause they have more muscle than the taller guys in their weight class.

ZackFair

The only thing I can think of that will make you taller is standing up straight. To do that start working on those back muscles. Also streching helps a bit. I went from 5"6 to 5"9 just by starting to stand up straight.

Also if your 14 you still have alot of time to grow. Unless you hit puberty early than your pretty much screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back