• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can Terra be Xehanort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
Ooh, clever, I like that one! It would explain why MX is so interested in him at least, then I suppose we could infer that this Terra/MX combo pursued the same goals as MX, whatever those turn out to be. But KH is big on repeated history and themes though and I see more potential for that with my theory, that's the only thing.

zillagod

In all honesty from what I have seen in the TGS 09 trailer it seems pretty obvious that the darkness that already dwells in Terra's heart will over power him and twist him into the Xehanort from KH 1 and 2. It's very similar to Riku in that Riku also had darkness dwelling in his heart but Riku gained control over it. Unlike Terra who apparently fails to do the same especially since MX tells Terra to learn to control the darkness in his heart, which I'm sure plays into Terra's initial strong desire to become a master.

It really makes me think of what Palpatine did to Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars episode 3 when you think about it. MX tempts Terra by telling him that through learning to control the darkness in his heart (the darkside of the force) he can accomplish whatever he desires, then MX dissapears though and Terra chases him down to try to find out how to control it etc. And eventually get's turned to the darkside through MX's Influence which will probably play into the keyblade war. Which I would guess is a big fight that light keyblade master's and darkness keyblade masters had like the Jedi and the Sith. You know arguing about how keyblades (the force) should be used.

Last edited:

jphantom

It's assumed that one of the characters (most likely Terra or a mix of Terra) will end up becoming KH2's Young Xehanort. As far as I know there's been no mention of YX being in BBS' plot, and I think it's either been confirmed or just blatantly obvious that this will be an origin story for the Xehanort who would end up becoming both of the main game's villains.

It seems that most will agree that the Xehanort in BBS (Master Xehanort) will NOT end up being Young Xehanort in KH2, simply due to obvious age differences, personality, and appearance, not to mention the fact that the guy in KH2 strongly resembles Terra and not MX. Now, there's a 99% chance he'll probably have something to do with the origin of the Xehanort we know, but no one can know for now. We all know that Young Xehanort seemed to like stealing names (Ansem), so I'm going to go ahead and assume that he stole the name of Master Xehanort, or Xehanort may just be the only name he remembers, since apparently his memory gets wiped at one point or another.

Ok thanks, that clears a lot of things up.

mangekyou sasuke

Personally i believe that in some sense, terra is Xehanort but not in the sense that we think it is. The developers aren't nearly so obvious as to just make it so he looses his memories and takes the persona of Xehanort.

maian

I was referring to maian's comment that Xehanort 'liked' it. =/
Anyways, how would it be a pattern of name stealing if the name 'Xehanort' was all that he remembered? Xehanort taking the name 'Xehanort' and taking Ansem's are really two different things.

Of course I do. MX and Terra.

Oh, dear lord. You don't have to take everything completely literally. You really thought I was trying to say "Xehanort had a personal hobby of stealing names, which he very much enjoyed doing in his spare time! It gave him much joy."? I indeed meant it in the sense that he DID steal Ansem's name, so yes, it WOULD make sense for him to steal another master's name as his own prior to that. At least, moreso than any other character.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally i believe that in some sense, terra is Xehanort but not in the sense that we think it is. The developers aren't nearly so obvious as to just make it so he looses his memories and takes the persona of Xehanort.

Yeah this sounds logical. The developers aren't planning on taking it easy on us. :lol:

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
In all honesty from what I have seen in the TGS 09 trailer it seems pretty obvious that the darkness that already dwells in Terra's heart will over power him and twist him into the Xehanort from KH 1 and 2. It's very similar to Riku in that Riku also had darkness dwelling in his heart but Riku gained control over it. Unlike Terra who apparently fails to do the same especially since MX tells Terra to learn to control the darkness in his heart, which I'm sure plays into Terra's initial strong desire to become a master.

WORD. Perhaps Terra's heart just wasn't as strong as Riku's. I like that comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back