• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How come Kairi can't use Naminé's memory powers and Naminé can't use Kairi's keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

astertide

Awards
Lea can use Axel's chakrams
Isa can use Saïx's claymore
Sora can dual-wield because of Roxas (Right?)

So why can't Kairi use Naminé's memory powers? Is it just because she's "special"?

Sorry if I missed anything, please correct me if I did lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora could only dual wield because he had more than one heart inside of him. Now that he doesn’t, he shouldn’t be able to dual wield.

(Which leads to the question of how Roxas can dual wield in KH3. The answer is that he isn’t dual wielding. It looks like one Keyblade split into two. He holds them both together when he tries to stop the darkness spreading across Kingdom Hearts with the others)

In regards to Kairi, it is likely because Namine is not really her Nobody in the way the others were Nobodies. Yes, Namine was a part of Kairi because she only exists because of both Kairi and Sora, but Namine’s powers came from the unique way she was born.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I always thought the dual wielding was caused by a “glitch” from experiencing a double life in data Twilight Town and causing some sort of secondary “proto-heart” to grow in him. I could be wrong though. Will someone please finally translate the Ultimania and interviews, with priority on the former?

The Naminé and Kairi thing is…weird. It causes the reverse question as well “why can’t Naminé use a keyblade?” Honestly, the mod could be right, but we don’t know for sure yet. Naminé has powers that Kairi can’t use and vice-versa. The only thing both have in common is their light-affiliated abilities, specifically dispelling the darkness, and even that’s a big question mark on its own on Naminé’s part, though I hypothesize it has something to do with Sora in the same way Roxas’ element is light, while also augmented by Kairi’s innate “lightness.”

To be honest, I’d like to put either of them under a microscope a la Ansem and see what makes them tick.

alolansentret

Awards
I think the reason Namine had powers over memories is because she was created when Kairi's heart was removed from Sora (she's Kairi's nobody but created with the power of Sora's body because princesses of heart have hearts of pure light and therefore shouldn't become heartless and therefore shouldn't create a nobody). Since Namine was connected to Sora's heart (and because she's a different kind of nobody than the others, in a way), she had the power to manipulate memories connected to his heart, and therefore the memories of other people connected to his heart. I think it was more explained in one of the secret reports or summaries but I can't remember which one..

As for why Namine can't use a keyblade, that doesn't really make sense at all since she was created from TWO keyblade wielders. I think she just hasn't unlocked the ability to summon her keyblade yet, maybe also due to her weird creation process as a nobody.

AR829038

Awards
I'm just gonna put this answer out there: We don't actually know for a fact yet that she CAN'T use Namine's powers. For all we know, maybe she can, and she just hasn't had an opportunity yet. Of course, Kairi's Princess powers are pretty OP even as things stand. Melody of Memory might give her an opportunity to use those powers she didn't know she could.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The premise of MoM tells me that she can. There was just never any real reason to use them in the past as AR8 pointed out. Ansem may have even been the one to suggest Kairi search through memories to find Sora due to her connection to Namine.

Noivern

Awards
I very much believe Naminé can use a Keyblade and, likewise, there's a high probability that Kairi has some sort of power over Memories. But like the post above me said: we don't know.

I would rather if she didn't get this sort of upgrade, but we rarely have more than one female character in the spotlight at once in this franchise.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I'm all for Kairi finally getting a chance to shine, but if it comes at the cost of taking away the one unique thing Naminé has left... no thanks. Honestly there's a good chance it'll turn out that she does have them in MoM, because why on earth would anyone want Naminé to be utilised and relevant :rolleyes:

Fiddlesticks

Awards
Namine is the nobody of Kairi, and wields the power to manipulate the memories....whatever....

Somnus cealum

Awards
namine should get her own keyblade. for some reason i want her to use the kh1 ultima, idk it just looks good on her for some reason. and kairi idk if she would use namines powers.

Back