• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How come King Mickey didn't recognize Apprentice Xehanort as Terra?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I've been thinking about this for sometime now. You remember in KH2 when King Mickey finally realized that Xemnas was Apprentice Xehanort's Nobody in that cutscene where he was visiting Ansem the Wise. And, in the secret ending of Re:Coded, Yen Sid and King Mickey discuss Ven's heart and how they don't know where Terra is. Here's my question, when King Mickey ran into Xehanort, how come he didn't recognize him as Terra? I mean, Braig recognized Terra, but how come Mickey couldn't.

If he did realize, then it would have made the search for Terra easier, right?

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, we know why Braig recognized Terra because he met him, fought him, got scarred by him and saw him again, unconscious at Radiant Garden, except he now call himself 'Xehanort'.

Why Mickey didn't recognized Xehanort as Terra is mostly because he didn't met him face to face during BBS and Mickey know who Terra is but didn't met him before. (Of course, Terra saw Mickey and knew he was Yen Sid's apprentice but didn't interact with him.)

If only those two met each other, things would be easier...

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Most likely because Sora was a BIT busy worrying about some other major problems at the moment. Y'know like a bunch of powerful Nobodies. I doubt Yen Sid thought he was ready for one, but also just didn't want to pile all that crap onto him. At least that's the excuse I'll be using.

But yes as the others said, Mickey actually never saw Terra in the first place, so he wouldn't have recognized him when he saw Xehanort.

gonald doofy

hollow bastion. as in, the kh1 one. the GOOD one.
i think an even more interesting fact is that mickey for some reason didn't get any deja vu upon hearing that AtW's apprentice was named "Xehanort". unless mickey never learned that MX's name was indeed Xehanort but i'm almost certain he did and therefore should have thought it odd that this young apprentice also had the same name as the evil Keyblade Master.
...Although now that I'm thinking about it mickey really only ever fights against vanitas. maybe they purposefully made it so that mickey would never interact with terra or MX so as to avoid confusion. if so, they did a good job

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
i think an even more interesting fact is that mickey for some reason didn't get any deja vu upon hearing that AtW's apprentice was named "Xehanort". unless mickey never learned that MX's name was indeed Xehanort but i'm almost certain he did and therefore should have thought it odd that this young apprentice also had the same name as the evil Keyblade Master.
...Although now that I'm thinking about it mickey really only ever fights against vanitas. maybe they purposefully made it so that mickey would never interact with terra or MX so as to avoid confusion. if so, they did a good job

Well in the RECODED secret ending Mickey seems to know that the Xehanort from KH2 was in fact MX. How he knows that, however, is a mystery. It seems that Yen Sid knows Terra's body was possessed, so maybe he told Mickey.

But yes, Mickey never met Terra face to face. Thus he wouldn't know his face.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Mickey never met face to face with Terra. Plus I don't think Apprentice Xehanort even looks much like the original Terra since his hair colors different, eyes are different, haircut is different, voice is different, body is MUCH less "buff" and even his face changed slightly in terms of shape. Braig knew it was Terra because he was the one who rescued Terranort while he still actually looked like Terra.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, but why didn't Yen Sid save Terra after being possessed by Master Xehanort? Since, Master Eraqus and Yen Sid were such close friends, then why didn't Yen Sid get up from his retirement and actually save Terra from Master Xehanort's grip, instead of probably sending Sora to take care of it?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yeah, but why didn't Yen Sid save Terra after being possessed by Master Xehanort? Since, Master Eraqus and Yen Sid were such close friends, then why didn't Yen Sid get up from his retirement and actually save Terra from Master Xehanort's grip, instead of probably sending Sora to take care of it?
Same reason Yen Sid didn't get out of retirement to stop XH?
Same reason Yen Sid didn't get out of retirement to face Xemnas and Organization XIII?

Box_ghost

the big question is why didnt yensid tell sora?

You know those magic guys. They have to be vague. Everything in regards to magic has to be vague...or lore.

For example, a spell or curse activatess at a specific time, on a specific day, in a specific year.

Yen Sid comes off as one of those magic people who have moved beyond or outside of reality and now has knowledge of things he shouldn't, but is bound by the rules of "higher beings". So to speak.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
mickey never met or faced terra now that i think about it

That, and on top of this, Mickey seemingly forgot nearly all what happened in the BBS era by the time of KH2...that's why he also never even mentioned Aqua, Eraqus or Ven...

Recently, I stumbled across a quote of Mickey from KH: Coded, which could explain the issue. However, since it's a translation from japanese in a FAQ for Coded it's probably in danger of having some errors.
But I think the bridge to BBS is built up nicely here:
Mickey said:
No, Sora. That's how it feels to say goodbye.
Since meeting you here in the data world, I've come to remember a lot of
things.
Things about the first time I left home to go on an adventure.
About the first time I made friends, long ago...
This all brought back so many memories.
And now I understand.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That, and on top of this, Mickey seemingly forgot nearly all what happened in the BBS era by the time of KH2...that's why he also never even mentioned Aqua, Eraqus or Ven...

Recently, I stumbled across a quote of Mickey from KH: Coded, which could explain the issue. However, since it's a translation from japanese in a FAQ for Coded it's probably in danger of having some errors.
But I think the bridge to BBS is built up nicely here:

Well that explains the whole Mickey not mentioning TAV to Sora thing. Though from the way Yen Sid and Mickey talked in the secret ending, it still seems Mickey and Yen Sid were looking for TAV off and on after they dissapeared. But it seems that Mickey had eventualy forgotten the friendship he had with TAV, and his experience with Data Sora renewed that friendship.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well that explains the whole Mickey not mentioning TAV to Sora thing. Though from the way Yen Sid and Mickey talked in the secret ending, it still seems Mickey and Yen Sid were looking for TAV off and on after they dissapeared. But it seems that Mickey had eventualy forgotten the friendship he had with TAV, and his experience with Data Sora renewed that friendship.

Well, is it confirmed that the secret ending takes place right after Mickey returned from the data world and writes the letter? If there's a time gap between Mickey could have done a bit of researching...however I'm still a bit suspicious regarding Mickeys words about Ven's heart. Does he really know were it is located or does he think he knows the location?

Spikeyroxas

Yen sid doesny much these days... Hes like that old woman you see who knows everything but does nothing :p
The only time mickey and terra are in close contact is when terra goes to the mysterious tower and sees mickey. But mickey uses his star shard before hes notices terras there or terra has a chance to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back