• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did Axel do it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven1028

I'm replaying 3D and I've just been waiting to replay the part at the end of the game where Axel saves the day...then I got to wondering, just how did Axel get a keyblade? If this topic has been posted before, sorry for making a duplicate thread. Otherwise, does anybody have any ideas on what he did to get one? Maybe it's been stated in some sort of interview or something?

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
Well, his name is Lea and he learnt to use the Keyblade with the help of Yen Sid, the three good fairies and I believe, Merlin. They sped it up by creating a small area that would speed up the process. That's all I heard, might be mistaken about Merlin though...

blank points

Awards
Yeah, Ventus pretty much said it, but after Lea met Mickey and the others, and went to see Yen Sid, he was taken to a magically time-compressed area created by Merlin and the three faeries, which allowed him to speed up the time in would take to learn to use a Keyblade. Exactly how someone is able to learn how to use a Keyblade, however, is never explained.

Ven1028

ahh...i can't seem to grasp his name is Lea, thanks for correcting me! That's an interesting thing though but I guess the whole speeding up time thing kind of goes with the time travel concept introduced in this game as well

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;5982581 said:
Well, his name is Lea and he learnt to use the Keyblade with the help of Yen Sid, the three good fairies and I believe, Merlin. They sped it up by creating a small area that would speed up the process. That's all I heard, might be mistaken about Merlin though...
You're not mistaken about Merlin!

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I have my own idea where Lea's resolve to protect Roxas at all costs comes into play here. Or, at least protecting Roxas by protecting Sora in DDD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have my own idea where Lea's resolve to protect Roxas at all costs comes into play here. Or, at least protecting Roxas by protecting Sora in DDD.

You got that on your own or derived from the Ultimania-teasing? *ggg*

Q: What happens to Lea hereafter now that he has become a Keyblade wielder?
A: Lea, having returned to his human form, chosen by the Keyblade. Does him getting a Keyblade have anything to do with his best friend Roxas? And is there a possibility that Lea's become one of the protectors of Light?

Fact is however that Lea asked to become a Keyblade Wielder and Yen Sid agreed, most likely performing the ceremony for him. After that, Lea got to train in a time chamber conjured by Merlin and the three fairies to speed up his training and increase the chance for him to summon his own Keyblade, which didn't succeed until the end of DDD.

Monkey D. Rocky

I feel that wasn't strong enough for the Keyblade, but after he proved himself by saving the day at the end of KH3D I believe he then had the power to summon his own Keyblade.

laddyboy12

Fact is however that Lea asked to become a Keyblade Wielder and Yen Sid agreed, most likely performing the ceremony for him. After that, Lea got to train in a time chamber conjured by Merlin and the three fairies to speed up his training and increase the chance for him to summon his own Keyblade, which didn't succeed until the end of DDD.

I must have missed something in DDD. Where are you guys getting the time chamber idea from?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I must have missed something in DDD. Where are you guys getting the time chamber idea from?

Cutscene in DDD after completing Symphony of Sorcery:

Mickey: Master Yen Sid. Gosh, do ya think he'll be able to do it?

Yen Sid: It's clear you cannot teach a cat to bark. But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him in a place that's more...temporally flexible. My hope is that he can at least learn to wield it. He certainly has fire, so I suppose it depends now on how strongly it burns.

laddyboy12

Cutscene in DDD after completing Symphony of Sorcery:

Mickey: Master Yen Sid. Gosh, do ya think he'll be able to do it?

Yen Sid: It's clear you cannot teach a cat to bark. But Merlin and the three good fairies are aiding him in a place that's more...temporally flexible. My hope is that he can at least learn to wield it. He certainly has fire, so I suppose it depends now on how strongly it burns.:

Oh, it's just a theory...

When Yen Sid said "More temporarily flexible" and "He has the fire but it depends on how strongly it burns" I take that as "The fairies took him to a safe place to learn." but "He might not learn to wield in time." Thus the fairies took him to a place where no one would interfere so he would have more time to learn, but he still may not learn in time.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, it's just a theory... well then here's mine.

When Yen Sid said "More temporarily flexible" and "He has the fire but it depends on how strongly it burns" I take that as "The fairies took him to a safe place to learn." but "He might not learn to wield in time." Thus the fairies took him to a place where no one would interfere so he would have more time to learn, but he still may not learn in time. I like your theory, but I honestly don't know how you got it. What Yen Sid said (to me) didn't even hint a little bit about a time chamber.

It's not a theory, it's fact.

Yen Sid said "temporally", with a double L and without a second r, not "temporarily" with an i after the second r.

I don't know from which country you hail/what your mother tongue is, but the words temporally and temporarily mean two completely different things.

Furthermore however, if direct game evidence isn't enough, Mr. Nomura had to say the following about the issue in the DDD Ultimania:

DDD Ultimania said:
— So, in ‘The King Departs’, when Yen Sid said ‘great sorcerers and fairies have hastened the flow of time in a different place for you’…

Nomura: Upon request, those who can manipulate time, Merlin and the three fairies who appeared in KH2, changed the flow of time in a special place, and there Lea received hastened training in order to be able to use the Keyblade, basically. In the original scenario, we had planned to have Lea able to use the Keyblade when he ran to Sora.

Last edited:

laddyboy12

It's not a theory, it's fact.

Yen Sid said "temporally", with a double L and without a second r, not "temporarily" with an i after the second r.

I don't know from which country you hail/what your mother tongue is, but the words temporally and temporarily mean two completely different things.:

Wow I feel stupid. I want to say I'm not English but I am. I did not look up the video and hear the pronunciation difference(and its been awhile since I've played DDD) I didn't see the spelling difference either...Sorry

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow I feel stupid. I want to say I'm not English but I am. I did not look up the video and hear the pronunciation difference(and its been awhile since I've played DDD) I didn't see the spelling difference either...Sorry

Haha, no issue.
It's probably because I'm not native English that I tend to pay special attention to such things.
Since I play my copy of DDD on each day in the train when driving to work (getting all Dream Eaters to maximum friendship is a stressy thing!) I have the 3DS also usually lying around somewhere at home so I can immediately check the theatre mode.

The text snippet I posted first I got from the actual game script though.

shaneycat2012

Banned
The only way possible that axel ( Lea ) got a keybade is that master yen sid sent him on a small quest like he did in kh3d to train and try to obtain a keylade o-o i think thats why he was there in the first place to get a keyblade because also in the end of kh3d he said well i did come here to weild one so that makes a lot of sence ... i dont get why he wanted to get one though unless he wanted to help sora in the keyblade war in kh3 after he left the organization ... its all confusing to meh though still :/

Gram

Banned
Awards
^You dont get keyblades from quests. Yen sid most likely performed the rite of succession and THEN sent him on his training stint in hopes he'd be able to summon one.

As for why he wanted one, it was so he could possibly get his friends back.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only way possible that axel ( Lea ) got a keybade is that master yen sid sent him on a small quest like he did in kh3d to train and try to obtain a keylade o-o i think thats why he was there in the first place to get a keyblade because also in the end of kh3d he said well i did come here to weild one so that makes a lot of sence ... i dont get why he wanted to get one though unless he wanted to help sora in the keyblade war in kh3 after he left the organization ... its all confusing to meh though still :/

Here, I'll help you understand.

Axel made the promise to Roxas and Xion (who is currently forgotten by everybody but Roxas and Sora with what info we have thus far) that he'd always bring them back in Days. Lea dreams this before he wakes up human in Radiant Garden, and so it gives him the motivation to go to Yen Sid and ask for training to gain a Keyblade. With one, he can assist Sora in fighting Xehanort AND possibly help him find a way to bring his friends back.

Yen Sid or Mickey either gave him the Rite of Succession or he possibly showed signs of being a worthy potential wielder already (this currently remains unknown, though). After Yen Sid agreed, Lea is thrown into training with Merlin and the three Good Faeries in some time compressed room to speed up his training to be able to wield.

When he appeared in the World that Never Was to save Sora from the gang of Xehanorts, he still didn't have a handle on summoning his Keyblade. It wasn't until Sora was saved and awake that he was finally able to summon it because Lea is always late to the party, and so begins Lea's journey as a Keyblade wielder-in-training.

Lea's motivation for all of this is saving Roxas (and Xion). It is not confusing at all.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
You got that on your own or derived from the Ultimania-teasing? *ggg*

Is that true? When did this happen. If It is true then the same can be done for kairir and she level grind in here to catch up to sora dn riku. Sure its total hacks but is Lea is allowed I dont see why she can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back