• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you fall in love with Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel2178

I was going to my cousins house knowing that he had a new set of games I called him and asked which games they were, he briefly described a few games one being Kingdom Hearts 2. After that I left off to go to his house and when I got there I saw him playing Kingdom Hearts 2, I asked him if that was one of the games he was talking about. He let me play and instantly I fell in love with the game and everything about it. The characters, the story, ideas etc. How about you guys/girls how did you fall in love with the Kingdom Hearts series?

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I picked BBS up one day while waiting in line for the check out. Being as stupid as I was, I put it down. Years later, I was reading Nintendo Power, (sad those guys are gone now) and I found DDD. So that's basicaly how I remembered everything about KH and fell in love.

Ratchet

Banned
Well I was going through a rough rough time in my life and this game came out when I wasn't feeling happy a whole lot, and then I just grew on the characters in the game because in a way I could relate to there struggle there past, or just the difficult journey ahead and always knowing that you have someone that cares for you and will always be your friend :) That's how I fell in love with Kingdom Hearts.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
You started with KH2? You poor unfortunate soul. U_U

I heard the purdy, purdy music playing off the commercial when I was like, eleven. Being flat broke I did what always did when a new game came out that I couldn't afford: I waited until the price went down. By the time the price went down I had actually forgotten that KH existed, for a number of years as a matter of fact, but I don't remember how it came back to my attention. I was in high school by the time I remembered KH existed and I think it was some friends of mine that were fans.

At some point I begged my daddy that I had to have it, a few puppy dog faces later, and I had the first game in my hands. After that it was history.

No, I lied. I got stuck in Deep Jungle (EVERYTHING IS GRREEEEEEEEENN!) and rage quit for a few months before I came back to it because I had literally found a KH1 guide book sitting on my desk at school. It was like...some supernatural force was persuading me to finish this game, so much so that I was directly guided towards my ultimate destiny. Almost like, it was some sort of divine intervention ...NAH!

After THAT, it was history.

Youniquee

Awards
You started with KH2? You poor unfortunate soul. U_U

Lol oh....

Well, I started with KH2 too...my brother brought it for some weird reason (I actually think he was meant to get KH1 but got KH2 accidently...wouldn't put it past him) I saw Disney characters + anime looking guy and cool opening song and I was sold...back when I was 11 I got stuck on Xigbar and kind of ditched the KH series.

Then back in 2010 I got into it by stumbling upon KH again. I played all the other games I missed and realised how much I enjoyed the stories, the characters and the gameplay. Especially after Days.

And that, is also I how ended up selling my soul to this place~

Redfive

Banned
Awards
My brothers would only talk about that game so I started playing the first game to join in the conversation. Fell in love with the game when I was in Monstro's stomach! Still my favorite world!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
My brother found it first. It was all he could talk about for so long. It was all he played, and so I had to get it for myself. Oh man, those were the days. Kingdom Hearts, Timesplitters, Star Wars Battlefront and 007: Nightfire.

Gram

Banned
Awards
For me it was when the disney channels did those little segments between shows about upcoming disney stuff when I first seen it. From that moment on I wanted and waited for kh1 to release while the commercials that appeared later only made the wait seem longer and the hype higher.

When I finally got the game and first seen the opening the deal was sealed.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Saw a commercial-I think in a movie theatre first. At least in August 2002, I saw one. About a month or so later saw it at a video store. Rented it, then got it for christmas(or Jan 2003). Got hooked and finally got past clayton. The rest is history.

Korai

Awards
back in 2002, I played the original game in an arcade at Disney World. I later got KH1 with my PS2 in 2006 or so. (KH2 was advertised on the box my PS2 came in! Sadly I don't have the box anymore D:) KH1 was too hard for me back then, but I later got KH2 and that's when I got hooked.

Rii

Awards
My babysitter's husband actually forced his friend to let him borrow it, because he thought I would like it. So I played it like everyday until I stopped going there, when they got divorced, in like April 2003, and then close to my birthday I saw a commercial for it somewhere and I was like "Oh yeah, I played that game with Brent." and my mom got of for me for my 6th birthday and I fell in love firstly with the graphics in that opening scene, secondly with Simple&Clean, and thirdly with the Traverse Town music. Still think Traverse Town has the best music out of all the worlds.

And then I kind of fell out of love in that gap between CoM and KH2, until I was eating Mazzio's with my family one day and my dad randomly hands me KH2(which I didn't even know had been made), and I fell in love again.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Back in 2005 and 2006 when I was kid one of my favorite cartoons to watch was House of Mouse. For anyone who doesn't know it was a show where all Disney characters came out to hang out in a club ran by Mickey.Also some of my favorite movies to watch were Hercules, Mulan and Aladdin because they were constantly being showed on Disney Channel. Then I started seeing commercials on Disney channel for KH2 and I thought to myself holy crap I gotta get this game. Played it during summer of 06 and I freakin loved it. Loved graphics,the Disney aspect of the game and I was even able to somewhat understand the story despite not playing the 1st game. I was a bit thrown off though by the super long prologue though. Played KH1 a couple months after and the rest is history.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i slowly caressed the box as i slid the plastic off of its perfectly smooth ps2 case, licked it, and found out that it's better than real sex in a way lmao

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I saw Kingdom Hearts 2 advertised a little while before it came out and bought both games when 2 games out so I had a substantial amount of playing to do. KH1 was great but it was more than definitely KH2 that really grabbed my attention, it was fantastic. At some short point later before even finishing KH2 I purchased Chain Of Memories for the GBA which I still have somewhere in my house, at first I didn't dig it to be honest. Anyway I never forgot about Kingdom Hearts but as the 'spin offs' came out I became a little disinterested not believing they would have an impact on the overall story, boy was I wrong...

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually...I just did. ^^;

:O You lucky person. But which game did you first play?

I first saw KH when I went to my friends house back in 2002. I came in and he was playing KH1 in Neverland. I saw Donald Duck and Peter Pan fighting monsters with a spiky haired kid and I immediately wanted to play. xD I played a little but didn't get my own copy until a couple months later and i've been playing all of the games (multiple times) since then. :D

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I wrote an editorial on this, but I'm going to add more into it. I was left alone after my brother left home, so I was a bit sad, that I was also being bullied a lot at school. So my parents wanted to cheer me up, so they asked me what I wanted. My brother left me this PS2 and it had Tekken and Need for Speed, but I didn't have a game to call my own. So I wanted a game for myself, we went to Target for 3 days looking for something. None of the games seemed interesting to me, so I kept going each day, not finding anything. But I kept passing Kingdom Hearts, it kept catching my eye, but I kept dismissing it because it was Disney and I thought it was childish. So the last day came, my parents told me to find something or won't come back. So I went around and I didn't find anything, but Kingdom Hearts. I just got it on a whim and I never regretted that purchase.

When I fell in love with the game though... I guess it was like after Traverse Town and I got to Wonderland... I was so confused on that area and I didn't know what to do, so I kept going to Gamestop when I went to the mall and I would sit there in a corner to read the walkthrough on what to do, that's when I started to realize how hooked I was to the game and how much I loved it. I eventually bought the book, it's in my room, ripping apart, but I guess the rips show how much I loved it that I kept using it. xD

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I got Kingdom Hearts and my PS2 for Christmas when I was little. I got as far as the Second Riku fight, but gave up due to him being so hard.. In fact, it took me several tries and on the hundred try, I finally beat him, only to face Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and I knew I was in deep trouble now. O_O

But it really sealed the deal as I see Sora as my role model while I was growing up and still is, even as Kingdom Hearts 3 is making its way here. :) I can't wait to finally beat Xehanort alongside with Sora!

State

Awards
I was on elementary school. I used to rent a lot of games. One day, after renting a lot of what Blockbuster could offer, I began browsing other stuff that could interest me. Suddenly, I noticed the original KINGDOM HEARTS' boxart and was attracted by it. Five bucks and fifteen minutes later, I inserted the disc on my PLAYSTATION 2 and began the magic. In a matter of TWO days, I arrived at Hollow Bastion but could never get past a certain puzzle of the world. Sadly, I had to return the game. Years later, I read one of my cousin's gaming magazines and noticed a particular screenshot of Sora, Donald and Goofy in one side and another of the Twilit Thorn (which I dubbed the white Guard Armor xD) and remembered the game and officially bought the original one. Years later, I got Chain of Memories, cleared everything except Ansem on Riku's scenario and then bough KINGDOM HEARTS II. After playing II, I joined this community and the rest is history.

Ratchet

Banned
I remember seeing the KH2 trailer, and thinking HOLY COW THIS GAME LOOKS EPIC, I fell in love with the story and the characters though it felt much different than KH1 and Re Chain of Memories for some reason (Not in a bad way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back