• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you fall in love with Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh13

The real question is how could you not fall in love with Kingdom Hearts. It's Final Fantasy and Disney fighting side by side.
Plus it's fun for even people who just started playing games to like.
i love that I get the chance to play side by side with Disney characters and try to help them out in their world.
or summon them and fight with them.
and I think the story line is pretty great overall.

kh13

Funny story really. I was 11 years old and I had saved up 20 dlls to buy a game so they took me to KB toys to choose. I had wanted a copy of GTA vice city because I used to play it at a friend's house. However, my incredibly cool mother didn't let me buy it because she wanted me to buy something my little brother, a 6 year old at that time, could play as well. I made a whole scene about it and grabbed the first most stupid looking game I could see and said, ''Here cry baby, you can play with mickey mouse all you want.''

.... yup, thanks mom!

I think I just read one of the funniest ways to get a game that later ends up becoming a game you love.
This was an awesome way to start to fall in love with the series xD
"No arguing. You're mother is always right."

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
My brother kept pestering me to play it so we could talk about it. By the time I beat Olympus coliseum I was Hooked :)

Your brother had good tastes. Like definitely got you hooked to one of the best game franchises out there, but I don't think he really knew how addicted you would get. xD

BlueKey777

Banned
Funny story really. I was 11 years old and I had saved up 20 dlls to buy a game so they took me to KB toys to choose. I had wanted a copy of GTA vice city because I used to play it at a friend's house. However, my incredibly cool mother didn't let me buy it because she wanted me to buy something my little brother, a 6 year old at that time, could play as well. I made a whole scene about it and grabbed the first most stupid looking game I could see and said, ''Here cry baby, you can play with mickey mouse all you want.''

.... yup, thanks mom!
I been watching this thread for a while... This story tops everything... I laughing so hard it hurts XD

MyNameisAnsem

.... yup, thanks mom!

That is perfect XD I've never heard a better intro to KH story.

MindOverdrive

I was going through all of my best friends games since he had reached the stage where he only played FPS's and asked if I could borrow the game with the cool cover art and Disney characters. I took it (and never gave it back, shame on me) and was fascinated with the rather unique combat system and alternate story lines. Afraid to say that at my young age I found the game too difficult at first and got stuck at the Ursula boss. Gave up and did not touch the franchise again until KH2 was coming out, played KH1 again and got stuck at Maleficent. Gave up again. Bought and completed KH2 with a lot more ease and finally went back to KH1.5 and completed the game after around a decade of attempts. Perseverance earned this game my love.

fangsora

I was in middle school in the 6th grade I was friends with the most popular kid in school we started talking about star wars and Disney. My friend asked me if I ever played kingdom hearts I said no then he gave me a copy of the game.

nxtgarnett5

I fell in love with Kingdom Hearts when I first started watching my older brother play. I didn't understand what was going on, I just loved that he was playing with disney characters! Then finally when the PS2 became mind I decided to play it myself. For some reason which I will never understand I went for Kh2 first and only after that did I play the first. I hate myself to this day because of that because everything was out of place and the ending of sora being away from kairi just never was able to give me the heartbroken feeling like it gave everyone else who played through it first like it was suppose to be

Noa

My sister had chain of memories and the first kingdom hearts, I didn't really understand the game at all and didn't really like it until I played KH2 a few years later and completely fell in love.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
My sister had chain of memories and the first kingdom hearts, I didn't really understand the game at all and didn't really like it until I played KH2 a few years later and completely fell in love.
Haha, I guess those who begin with CoM have a rocky start! I was truly in love when I finally got KH1 for myself~

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
It's a funny story how I got into Kingdom Hearts, and eventually fell in love with it.

I was in my 8th grade art class and a few friends of mine were doing their clay projects in the form of keyblades and I was wondering what the fuck these keyblades were and after talking to them about it, i became even more interested. That was until my now best friend Brian let me borrow Kingdom Hearts I the next day and I played it. That's where I instantly fell in love with KH. I went on to beat it and he let me borrow CoM and then KH2. Wonderful memories I tell you.

MegaCore5

Awards
I remember going to GameStop to get a different game but then the cashier told me about KH 2 that was a hot item at the time so I bought that instead. I fell in love with it by the end of Roxas' short story ( I only wish Roxas could have been a playable character for just a little while longer )

omnipresent

My cousin borrowed Kingdom Hearts from a Blockbuster years ago. When he popped it in and we watched the intro for it. Awww man I fell in love. The scenes, the Simple and Clean. That's what really intrigued me at first. Then seeing the story unfold the way it did, I knew I needed to pick the game up for myself.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
My cousin borrowed Kingdom Hearts from a Blockbuster years ago. When he popped it in and we watched the intro for it. Awww man I fell in love. The scenes, the Simple and Clean. That's what really intrigued me at first. Then seeing the story unfold the way it did, I knew I needed to pick the game up for myself.

That sounds like one of those "happy accidents" that a lot of people tell me about. Nonetheless, it sounds like your exposure to KH brought you two loves: the series and Hikki. <3

rufusisaghost

It all started when I heard the commercial on TV. I was captivated by it, and ran to the tv whenever I heard the song come on. I was pretty young then so I didn't really know what it was about or anything. And then my brother got the game and I would watch him play it all of the time. A few years later I found COM in my brothers room and decided to give it a try and I absolutely fell in love. It was at that point I became obsessed and here I am today!

Anthony12KH

I saw the commercial on tv. It caught my attention. I had to try it out. I found the gameplay fun, and the story was good as well. That was how I fel in love with KH. Disney and FF sells.

5glitchers5

Awards
I first played it on my aunt and uncle's PS2 and my introduction to KH was Dive into the Heart. It was my first Ps2 game and I loved the music, and I loved where the story was going. I loved the heartless, the voice acting, the story, the main antagonist, everything about the game was awesome. TO me NO other KH game delivered what KH 1 delivered. KH 1 is the only real KH game I love, as for the rest of the series it got too convoluted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back