• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you find out about Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikoto-Cat

well...I was 6/7 years old when they showed the Ad on TV but i wasn't really into games back then. Then 5/6 years later my friend told about Kh and then I looked it up on the net and I really wanted to play it and so did my sis. (I've only been a Kh fan since last year ^^;;)

Raiko

Come break me down
i heard it from a friend 2 years ago.
one year later my dad found KHII in a store (coz the disney characters caught his eye) and we purchased it. i bought the second one first then i bought the first one.

Heart of Riku

good Q :
it's along story i hope u have a time :

It was my first with PS2 and i went to the game station and from the first look i see sora i like the cover .. and i sleep that's night without try it .. i weak up in the morning on amazing game but not me who play it first it was my sister .. then i take the controller and finish the game.

every time i remember this story i can't believe it was in 2002 , it was awesome moment .

thanks for this year's Kingdom Hearts .

The heart of Riku

Last edited:
A

Audo

I remember reading a magazine article about KH1 before it came out, and i was instantly in love and amazed. Bought my first PS2 just for it. Bought my second PS2 just for KH2. =/

Envy21x

KAIRI_SUX and whispering (and of course me) went looking in the newsagency to look at the latest games and found a article about KH1 and also saw it on the TV. so when it came out the first thing that came to mind buy PS2 and KH1. lol, I didn't even have the PS2

belleaurora

I remember first seeing Kingdom Hearts advertised around the store Target (Do they have that else where around the world besides Australia?). I remember thinking to myself, 'oh my goodness, what a gimmick'. I had never played Final Fantasy before and had no idea they were in the game until I bought it. Even then the characters of FF meant nothing to me because I didn't understand their history. (I only got into Final Fantasy having played Kingdom Hearts). I remember being infuriated by the sheer thought that Disney would promote, what seemed to me at the time, as an opportunity to reap in the dough. Mind you, I had loved Disney as a child, but I was going through the period where I thought Disney was a 'kiddie thing' (I love it to death now :p).

Anyway, I was on a walk with two of my best mates when one of them got a call from her dad. He told her there was a garage sale on around from her house and they were selling heaps of video games. Needless to say we power walked our way to her house (we had been on a long walk) and round then went around the corner to the house having a garage sale and low and behold, she purchased Kingdom Hearts 1. I can't remember if I had advised her to get it, or if I had resented her for getting it, but we went straight back to her place and started playing it. I remember her parents buying us hot chips for lunch as we were all glued to the screen. One of my friend's friends came over and I remember she couldn't stop laughing at Sora's massive shoes. And then I felt guilty. I felt guilty for resenting the game so much because I was captivated by the stain glass window of Princess Aurora and Snow White. I had fallen in love with KH and every opportunity I had, I would go to her house to watch her play it (I didn't have a PS2 at the time).

I hated the theme song originally, but now I love it and Utada Hikaru is my favourite singer!

I eventually bought a PS2 a couple of years ago in July from Dick Smith Electronics. It was an impulsive buy and the first time I had spent that much money on something worth about $288 AU (Then more money on memory cards and so forth). Needless to say, the first game I bought was Kingdom Hearts and I loved actually playing it for the first time myself. It was torture that night, because we had to go out to dinner and I couldn't play KH for very long that day...

Time went on, and when I went on a trip to Melbourne, I bought Chain of Memories for my Gameboy Advance SP. I remember playing it in hotels late at night. If we went out for dinner, I would anxiously sit throughout dinner waiting to get to the hotel to play it.

I reserved my copy of KH2 about a year before it came out. Members who have been here for a long time would know of my angst waiting for KH2. I would try and inform them of what I knew about Australia's release date, getting my brother, who would get very shitty with me, to ring EB Games every two weeks to see if a release date had been revealed yet. I got the game a couple of days before it came out, having received a mesage on my home phone during the day whilst I was at school. It was Tuesday and the game was supposed to be released on the Thursday. My little September Keira Knightley calender is still in my room, stuck to my computer, highlighted in blue the day I got KH2. My friend's mother, the mother of the one who got KH, actually drove me to pick up KH2 that very day which was sweet of her.

Since then, I have been a dedicated KH fan, loving the interaction between characters and just indulging in what is such a deep storyline. In year 8, I actually had to create a prayer booklet, having to write about someting important in my life everyday for a month and writing a prayer. My first journal entry was on KH1, and I wrote prayer about how sometimes we can be like the heartless and stuff. Really cute.

I am also an avid FF fan now, my favourite game of the series being FFX. I borrowed that first from my mate who had bought KH from the garage sale. I remember vowing to never play the game again having died the very first time trying to get out of Zanarkand. The very next night I played it again and loveed it :p. I then purchased it years later as PS2 games were dying out and I wanted this classic in my collection. Anyways, that's another story.

I hope I haven't bored anyone with my story. I just wanted to vent my memories because I cherish those Kingdom Hearts ones heaps. Yay for KH! :D :D

Neku99

In a corner, talking to someone in my head...
Website
neku99.wordpress.com
well I bought some cd's with lots of gba roms (hey I was like 10 lol) and I came across"kingdom hearts chain of memories" so I played it and at the start I was like

"lol why the heck are donald and goofy there?!?"

and so I played it and really liked it .

Another year passed, I was finding a ps2 game in a local video game store and I saw "kingdom hearts 2". So I really had to get it, then I bought it and of course played it. I thought if there was 2 then there was one so I looked it up in the net and viola kh1 lol kinda funny for me cause I was like going back were it all started:thumbsup:

Destruction

i had $50 and went to gamestop, looked around, didnt find anything good, so i bought KH1, was very dissapointed abot it being so much disney, but the gameplay, and story was good, so i ended up buying KH2.

B@con

I was 13 I think (over 5 years has passed since then and I still love all of the KH Games ^^) I started to play all the PS One/2 Final Fantasy Titles on my PS 2, cause I was too stupid to understand everything when I was younger (I havent played Final Fantasy on my own since then. I just watched my cousin played every single title form the beginning to the very end). After I finished playing 7,8, 9 and 10 I readed in a german video game magazine about a Disney "Action RPG" which has Final Fantasy Characters like Squall (Leon) in it. I JUST SUDDENLY RAN TO THE NEXT SHOP WHO SELLED VIDEOGAMES AND BOUGHT IT!!! xD xD xD well and that's it. I just bought it because of Final Fantasy X3

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I saw the commercial on my "Mickey's House of Villains" VHS.
I instantly had to have it. That, and a PS2.

AxeltheFlame

I remeber seeing the Kingdom Hearts commericial on tv and I was really excited. I had just gotten into Final Fantasy (FFIX was the first I played) and I grew up watching Disney movies. So yeah I was really excited and I ended up getting a PS2 for my birthday and Kingdom Hearts game for my birthday!

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
I saw the commercial to Kingdom Hearts I in a cinema. (I think I saw Toy Story 2 :S)
A week later I got the game :). And since then. I have gotten on the realese date Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. And no doubt that it will stop there :p. I seriously mean i will keep buying Kingdom Hearts games until the day I die XD

Cissy

Bronze Member
Friend's grandma bought it for his birthday, I think. Watched him play, liked it, and then rented it for a while. Of course, a few days after I had to return it my dad surprised me and bought the game. Have been a fan ever since.

keylord88

liked the look of kh1 but did not have ps2. next xmas got ps2 and kh2! only got no. 1 at my b day(may this year).

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My friends were much more into gaming than I was, so I originally heard about it in high school and heard mostly dissing it being Disney.
Also being Square, I didn't see what could be that bad about it, seeing how I was in my gaming period then, going through Secret of Mana games, FFs, Xenogears, Chrono games, the works.
I didn't really get around to playing it until over a year ago though. That was when a friend I became closer with at the time demanded we Role Played together, and seeing how I was remotely interested and she was a KH die-hard fan, we agreed to RP an Alternate Universe using KH characters.
Her praising the game made me crack, and that was when the guy I trust the most about recommendations (he's the guy that got me into Bleach - biggest obsession until KH - and told me to see 300) told me to play it too.
So I borrowed the PS2 that ended up being the one I own (poor guy had his wrists killed :\) and from there on, the rest is history.

speedy931

Well my friend bought Kingdom Hearts 1 from a shop because there was Disney charaters behind.
So I went to there and we played it like 4 times 1 normal and 3 expert :p

Macabre

Gold Member
Eh, I read about KH on the internet but I wasn't too impressed by it or interested about it and after a few months, I saw KH2 on a store and I felt like seeing how good the game is so bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back