• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you find out about Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
saw it for a reduced price in Toys R Us

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
i was in fourth grade and i kept seein commercials for it everywhere. so i tried to rent it but blockbuster never had it. one day after school my dad took me and my brother to best buy and he bought it for me. so technically my dad got me into kingdom hearts. he got so tired of takin me to blockbuster and me bein disappointed he just bought it for me:)

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I was doing homework with my TV on (I was attending Middle School) and I heard an interesting sounding song (Simple and Clean). When I looked up, I saw various cutscenes of a game that showed multiple Disney characters with amazing graphics. About halfway through or near the end, I caught a glimpse of one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters, Sephiroth. That clinched it. Although I couldn't help but feel I already knew about this somehow. Perhaps I read about it online prior but just hadn't thought about it in a while. Anyway, ever sicne that commercial, I loved the game. My favorite part of the song Simple and Clean/Hikari has been when Utada starts with "Hold me. . ./Motto. . . ".

Kingdom Hearts II was my next game, which I'm pretty sure I got around the time it was first released. At this time I never really attended any KH forums. Perhaps I'd randomly type in KH in google to see what popped up about Final Mix, mainly the Deep Dive vid, but that's about it. There was a 0% chance of spoilers. Anyway, I was kind of rushing through the game since at this time, I was addicted to the MMORPG Maple Story. I ended up beating it in about 2.5 days, including the Hades Paradox Cup. I usually do all the secrets in a game before completing the final boss. I ended up loving the game, though didn't love it as much KH1. I was excited to see the end of the game thinking "Wow, this is finally the end of the series, what a great game." That is, until I saw the new ending with the three knights. Though it looked nice in graphics, I had immidiate disliking of it since it looked like it was going to take place in a completely different time with different characters with a different feel with a completely different timeline. Little did I know how wrong I was.

Quite some time has passed and I heard KH2FM was out. I cared very little for it, and didn't read the updates. I was thinking it was just going to be like KH1FM, which just an extra boss, a couple extra monsters, and some new color schemes. Again, I was wrong. When I learned of all the new boss battles, my loving for KH2, particularly Organization XIII skyrocketed exponentially after seeing the boss fights. I then began to love it again, and replayed KH2.

I then began to realize, after seeing they made Re:CoM and how I missed out on some members, that I should buy CoM for the GBA. I didn't buy it at first because I heard mixed opinions regarding the card system. I then decided just to buy it, and I loved it. This further improved my liking towards the KH series and Organization XIII.

I also loved hearing about the three new games to further improve the story on KH, along with a confirmation of KH3 which will sadly be on the PS3 (if they have any brains, that is). Of course 358/2 Days is the primary one I'm interested in. I didn't hold much interest in BBS until recently. Coded seems like it can have some interest, but I'll probably rely on YouTube and translators for this bit.

Now, I plan to buy Re:CoM from America, of course. I am also considering importing KH2FM if it isn't released in America just because the Organization XIII Data boss battles look so fun.

Anyway, yeah, that's my history with KH. Hope you enjoyed.

shadowrise

I had heard about it from various places on the internet, but really didn't check it out until I was well and truly bored of all my old games (this took a couple of years). Finally, I got enough guts to check out that "probably stupid kid's game". Then I asked for Kingdom Hearts II for Christmas. :) Why did I ask for II before actually owning I? I've no idea. :) And I have been happy ever since. The End.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I read an article from Donald Duck Comic book. Later I saw an ad about it and thought, that I have to buy it.

I got it when I had my 12th birthday. :D

alykins

Hmmm, the first kingdom hearts, I was seven and me and my dad were at Blockbuster cause my dad wanted to rent a video game. My seven year old self saw it there and went "OMFGOMFG ITS MICKEY MOUSE! I CAN HAS I CAN HAS?" nad my dad was all "Sure I'll rent it for you". Then I played it when I got home but I'm horrible at video games now, so imagine how I was at age seven. Needless to say, by the time it was due back, I was still in Destiny Islands.

KH2 came out when I was 11. My friend at school was a... fanfic writer (yesyes in grade 5), and she was writing some KH fics and wanted me to help. I vaguely remembered the game, but that night I saw a promo for it and was all "SHET I REMEMBER THIS!" So I convinced my dad to buy.

THATS RIGHT I NEVER PLAYED KH1 ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
best friend was playing it when I came over one day, and I asked if I could give it a shot, and well he said sure, so I played but I couldn't stop playing, because I got into the plot.

Keybearer_13

I just got into Kingdom Hearts about a year ago! My Best Friend's brother had gotten Kingdom Hearts 2 for his birthday, and then she came into school the next day and told me about how awesome it was. So I saved up money for months to get a PS2 and went and bought the first game and found it so awesome that i just HAD to get the seond game and Chain Of Memories! I also remember my brother telling me about it when it first came out, but I was so little that I didn't really care, and anyway we didn't have a PS2 then. But now I love it!!

Zifer

First found out about it in an EGM preview which was prolly 2001 so I was like 15 then (I feel old now lol) which I was riding the high of Final Fantasy X then I think so that combined with the premise of the game seemed cool as I wasn't put off by the Disney stuff. Then I thoguht it great when they had the little 2 page ads in EGM, Where you never know...Who'll you run into next. Which I still have the full page advertisement that you could pullout with the game cover on it (which I need to get laminated) and been a fanboy since.

Also Utada's music :loveit:

khlover7

I might return
i was young when i got it, when i went to buy my PS2 so i bought 2 games with it (KH1 and some Crash Bandicoot game) i played it i loved it but it took me 6 years to beat >< but when i got KH2 i beat it in like a month

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I saw a commercial about it and thought "aw heck, I've got money, I'll get it"

now I'm hooked

Does anyone else see my double post??!! All of my posts are like that!! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back