• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you find out about Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfaith

I remember a freidn rented it from a rental store and for a LONG time I couldn't remember what the hell it was called only that is had disney characters in it. At this point I didn't have a computer...let alone the internet to look it up. SO later I was browsing a forum and saw some people talking about again (I had a comp and internet by now lolz) and I was like "ZOMG I REMEMBERS DAT!" so I bought KHI =D and then II later on ^_^

Twilight_Nobody

In a fiery castle engulfed in the power of Twiligh
It all started with Disney channel. When I was 10 they aired a little minute long segment in "Disney 411"
about a game still in development where you would travel to different Disney worlds. It also mentioned Final Fantasy, and so of course I was interested.
Two years later in 2002, I had forgotten about it, that is until I saw a preview for it and nearly pooed myself.
Needless to say, I bought it the day it came out. First game I ever bought.

firemage8

I found out by Kingdom Hearts by an arcade in Disneyland, but I wasn't interested until I started browsing through a Kingdom Hearts II player's guide in Blockbuster and got hooked by it.

gamenern

I saw a commercial on TV when i was 11 showing some scenes and just had to have the game:drool:, got it for xmas, and it was the first PS2 game i ever got.

Then, KH2 was announced, and i about had a joygasm:cry: when I got home one day and my sister was holding the game. (rented though, got the game fully the day i had to return the game, got to pride lands first time in a day and a half)

now i want bbs, 358/2 days and for KH3 to be announced.

So yeah, 5 years later and i still loved the game (And always will):loveit:

MizuHikari

Website
mizuhikari.deviantart.com
The first time I unconsciously learned of Kingdom Hearts was when I saw the strategy guide in a Barnes and Nobles. I looked through it and came to the character section with Tarzan on it. When it was talking about accessories and the rings you could attach to him I put the book down and said something along the lines of "This is way TOO hard. It looks stupid/confusing."
Then a couple months later, my dad brought home 3 videogames since we had bought our PS2 a short time before. THe game names were Dark Cloud, Okage: Shadow King and Kingdom Hearts. And then one thing led to another; I fell in love with all 3 games and later got Dark Cloud and KH for Christmas.
(my dad said he did see the commercials of KH on tv...I wish I did too)

Zipporahss

how did you find out about it?

i was like 10 years old and went to buy random video games at walmart. Then i noticed "Kingdom Hearts" and it look interesting. i never thought there would a video game that includes Disney. So, i bought it. yay

Well this is what happened. I was sitting around watching tv and all of a sudden I saw disney charaters, simba, aladin and others, I was sold on the spot that Christmas I got the game but because I wasn't into games I had no idea who the FF chacaters were. On top of that I was going to get rid of the game because I wanted to see the Disney characters.

I was mad and I thought I got the wrong game, but I continued to play and I was a Lover of the game right after Donald and Goofy joined my party... Kinda silly huh?

thurprin

My library came out with a system where you could rent games for ps2 and xbox 360 about a year ago. I was never much into video games, but I heard the kh games were supposed to be fun, so I rented kh2 (they didn't have kh1). I quickly bought kh1 and 2 and now I've been hooked ever since:)

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
It's now that I remember that I first learned of KH from a commercial when I was about 12 or 13 for KH:CoM for the US.

At the time, I thought it sounded really stupid, and then I forgot entirely about it.

Then, a couple of years ago, I actually did well in school, so my dad said he'd buy me $70 dollars worth of video games as a gift. Now, I'm not a real gamer, so I had no clue what to buy. I asked the associate what to get, and he recommended Kingdom Hearts- the first one. So, I bought it. I started playing it, and didn't get any further than Wonderland, 'cuz I was horrible at it, and so I gave up.

Then, last year, I went off to college, and I met my best friend, who saw that I had KH and went completely nuts, saying that she had never been able to play the game because she didn't own it herself, and she couldn't actually go over to her friends to play it often enough. So, she asked me to play it with her, and so we did, turning it into a bit of a competition.

And from there, our obsession for Kingdom Hearts and everything to do with it started. Ah... good times, good times.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
I picked it up by accident looked at it thought meh sounds alright, bought it and well havent turned back since

samwdg

Back when i was 14 a friend at school just got it and i found out FF characters were in it so i had to borrow it!
Then i went and bought it eventually ;D

Raebus

I saw it being advertised on TV, bought it and thought it was okay.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I bought a random game which was Kingdom hearts 2 and thought i really lied this but didn't understand it, so i bought Kingdom hearts 1 and now i have imported KH RE; COM and im just on the 12th floor and loving it.

Dark Horizon

I saw the Kh1 commercial... I want to see the scenes in HB really caught my eye, so I picked it up. Plus I thouht it was a pretty original story idea... even if they do copypasta from ff and disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back