• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How did you guys feel when....(SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPtheKid

Awards
Xigbar announced he was half Xehanort? I swear my jaw dropped I paused the game for a minute! Everything made so much since!

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Not entirely sure if you're being serious or sarcastic, but.....

I didn't really feel anything.....it's been quite obvious this whole time that Braig had a connection with Xehanort. His physical features were altered when he met MX in BBS, and as Xigbar it only became more noticeable.
He was literally turning into Xehanort, or so it appeared. DDD only confirmed it though.

And even though you put spoilers in the title like that, I think you still might need spoilers on what you're saying....since this isn't in the spoilers section.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Yeah, I wasn't surprised either, except for the fact that he seemed proud and excited about it. I mean, why would you want to become a Xehanort puppet? Why would he willingly do that? Maybe it's just for the power, IDK.

Braig has always been about wanting a Keyblade. So if MX put his heart (the heart of a Keyblade Master) into Braig, then he in turn should be able to wield a Keyblade himself.

But what happened down the line, is probably Braig still wasn't able to, and before he knew it he was too far down the line to reverse the process.
He's been undergoing this transformation for 11 years now, and he's only half-Xehanort. He still has some control, but Xehanort has probably taken over enough of Braig to turn him into Xigbar. One who's loyal to Xehanort.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
it was already established that anyone with gold eyes and pointed ears was affiliated with xehanort.

in the same way i wsant shocked, i knew isa was one in the 13 darknesses as well before he was revealed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
We've known since BBS that those with gold eyes and pointy had a connection to Xehanort. So we knew that included Xigbar/Braig and Saix/Isa. However what exactly that connection was between them and Xehanort was not revealed until KH3D. I was surprised when we learned the connection between those with Xehanort's features and Xehanort himself, was that fragments of his heart were inside these people slowly growing and growing until it consumes the person's heart and turn them into a Xehanort.

Then when Xigbar/Braig said he was already half Xehanort and he did it with pride, I thought to myself, "Braig, the man is taking away your personality identity. If the heart is the mind, conciousness, personality, and identity of a being, basically the heart is the being. Then by allowing a MX fragment to completely consume your heart you are basically surrending the vital and important part of yourself: You're very existence. The very thing that if destroyed would completely erase you from existence. The very thing that ensures you continue to exist in some form and without it you don't just die, you would be gone completely. And yet Braig you are willing to allow MX to take that over and you would no longer be you? You're absolutely insane." I can't even imagine anyone allowing anyone to take over what makes you you, the very thing that is you. To me that is one of the scariest thing there is.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
We've known since BBS that those with gold eyes and pointy had a connection to Xehanort. So we knew that included Xigbar/Braig and Saix/Isa. However what exactly that connection was between them and Xehanort was not revealed until KH3D. I was surprised when we learned the connection between those with Xehanort's features and Xehanort himself, was that fragments of his heart were inside these people slowly growing and growing until it consumes the person's heart and turn them into a Xehanort.

Then when Xigbar/Braig said he was already half Xehanort and he did it with pride, I thought to myself, "Braig, the man is taking away your personality identity. If the heart is the mind, conciousness, personality, and identity of a being, basically the heart is the being. Then by allowing a MX fragment to completely consume your heart you are basically surrending the vital and important part of yourself: You're very existence. The very thing that if destroyed would completely erase you from existence. The very thing that ensures you continue to exist in some form and without it you don't just die, you would be gone completely. And yet Braig you are willing to allow MX to take that over and you would no longer be you? You're absolutely insane." I can't even imagine anyone allowing anyone to take over what makes you you, the very thing that is you. To me that is one of the scariest thing there is.

something must be in it for them. there has to be a way for them to come back or gain some kind of power for them to want to do this.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
something must be in it for them. there has to be a way for them to come back or gain some kind of power for them to want to do this.

Well they would probably get the ability to wield a Keyblade once the heart fragment of MX has taken over enough of their heart to give them that power. But still if it was me in that situation no amount of power or anything would be enough for me to allow MX or anyone to take over the very thing that makes me me and is me. If I discovered I had a fragment of MX heart growing inside of my heart I would be rushing to Yen Sid and the other and begging them to help me get the fragment out.

If we would look at it in a more real life religious term, abrahamic religions man is a living soul, so the soul is you. It would be like someone putting a piece of their soul inside my soul and their soul fragment slowly consuming and taking over my soul thus making me into said possessor at the deepest most fundemental level of a being. I'd rather die than have that happen to me.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I mean, I guess MX could've told them that it would grant them power, but "forgot" to add in the part about being possessed. Technically he didn't lie to them, right?

But yeah, like Marx said, they can't back out now and probably are transformed to the point of where they don't care anyway. But then why does Terra care? I mean, I know why he cares, but if the side effect of Xehanortification is that you eventually stop caring, then why hasn't Terra?
Or does he? Do you think he's still held on to his goals?

Shoxir

Awards
I had a sincere feeling of confusion and forced acceptance. The only reason he's in the game is because he's part of Xehanort? In the next game, they're definitely switching things up and making everyone part Xigbar instead. Imagine having 13 of him running around. More interesting than Xehanort lol

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I mean, I guess MX could've told them that it would grant them power, but "forgot" to add in the part about being possessed. Technically he didn't lie to them, right?

But yeah, like Marx said, they can't back out now and probably are transformed to the point of where they don't care anyway. But then why does Terra care? I mean, I know why he cares, but if the side effect of Xehanortification is that you eventually stop caring, then why hasn't Terra?
Or does he? Do you think he's still held on to his goals?

I think Terra is mostly under MX's control but thanks to Eraqus' light there is a small part of Terra's heart that will always belong to Terra no matter how hard MX tries to get it. I think it is from this that Aqua and Ven will be able to help Terra push out the fragment MX left in him. I'm pretty sure Eraqus had a plan behind putting his heart inside of Terra's.

I had a sincere feeling of confusion and forced acceptance. The only reason he's in the game is because he's part of Xehanort? In the next game, they're definitely switching things up and making everyone part Xigbar instead. Imagine having 13 of him running around. More interesting than Xehanort lol

All 13 Xigbars say together "AS IF!!" *Echoes*

Smithee

Awards
You know, I've been wondering if Xehanort himself could be taken over by someone else's Heart in the exact same way?

Shoxir

Awards
You know, I've been wondering if Xehanort himself could be taken over by someone else's Heart in the exact same way?
I feel like Xehanort can't be taken over, but his control can be fought. We're definitely getting a scene in KH 3 where Lea has a deep conversation with Isa, causing him to fight the control over his heart. Maybe Terra will fight to get his body back too...

Smithee

Awards
I feel like Xehanort can't be taken over, but his control can be fought. We're definitely getting a scene in KH 3 where Lea has a deep conversation with Isa, causing him to fight the control over his heart. Maybe Terra will fight to get his body back too...

I meant if someone decides, "You know what, let's see how HE likes it!" and extracts their Heart to possess MX with.

Shoxir

Awards
I meant if someone decides, "You know what, let's see how HE likes it!" and extracts their Heart to possess MX with.

lol that's a little twisted. I honestly doubt anyone would want MX's body though haha

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The heart in KH seems indeed to be all this, as when a consciousness and mind surfaces and forms, so in turn a heart forms it seems. Best (and earliest) example for that would be the Riku Replica.
This all has also to do with memories, and those are said to be immortal.

From what Nomura said here:
Famitsu said:
— What happens to the hearts of those who have had Master Xehanort’s heart planted within them?
Nomura: They’ll gradually be swallowed by it. As for Master Xehanort, he plans to control them completely. The planted parts of the heart are captured rather than disappear.

It strikes me more like that the original consciousness in question isn't really completely destroyed, but rather more like in FF VIII when the sorceress Ultimecia possessed her victims. Their own consciousness would be completely suppressed and practically an eternal prisoner in their own heart (since memories cannot be fully destroyed ever) while Xehanort controls everything and can also tap into and use their power.
It's really a frightening prospect that someone could be willing to be completely controlled by someone else for like eternity.
Like MX says to Terra already in BBS:
Master Xehanort said:
Hmph. Don't even entertain any notions of escaping me, boy. In the
end, your heart will be engulfed by mine forever.
And the kicker? Since Xehanort's and Sora's heart powers are very similar Sora could theoretically do the same but chooses to do exactly the opposite and allows all the hearts inside him to remain independent and retain their own consciousnesses (best examples being Xion and Roxas even though they were born from him).

What goes even more up the ladder is that if Xehanort would really get his hands on the true Kingdom Hearts itself, he could do this to all hearts, effectively gaining control over everyone.

On the insane bit Sora definitely fully agrees with you, lol:
Sora towards Xigbar regarding being half-Xehanort said:
Sora: That's nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back