• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Disney Town/Castle Should Have Been

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Not much of a topic, but it's just something I can't get out of my mind.

Let's be frank. Disney Town is the Atlantica of this game. I'm not dissing on the mini games necessarily (after all, I loved the Winnie the Pooh mini games), but as far as story and presentation goes, it's watered down compared to Disney Castle. It's a place where you could have... for lack of a better term, plenty of finny fun.

But we don't like finny fun.

I don't think I have to go into how much of an embarrassment Pete's banishment was, for example.
The question is: Could they have done better, and how?

As a matter of fact, they very easily could have done so, and even have source material to work with to boot.
What story could have replaced the Disney story in BbS?

0488.Prince-and-the-Pauper.jpg

The Prince and the Pauper was my all time favorite Disney short when I was a kid. And reminiscing on it now, it would have fit perfectly.
For those who don't know the story, in short, there's a prince identical to Mickey Mouse who is preparing to receive the throne from his dying father. He longs for the life of a commoner, free of the duties of royalty. On the other hand Mickey, a commoner, longs for the luxury of royalty, free of the hardship of peasantry. The two meet by fate and hatch a plan in which they trade places. Meanwhile, Pete, the Captain of the Guard, hatches a plan in which he can manipulate Mickey and become the de jure leader of the kingdom.

See where I'm going? Now THAT is something Pete ought to get banished to another dimension for, not wanting to ruin an ice cream contest. And it just fits so well. Most of the other Disney movies are based on classic tales with a modern spin, and this is no different. Moreover, it would have fit well with what's already been established (the Disney kingdom, and all of the other castle themes in BbS).

While there are some inconsistencies with what is already canon to KH, it could be worked out with some artistic license. For instance, Mickey is SUPPOSED to be the king in KH, so perhaps it could be a role reversal: he is the king to start with and becomes a peasant for some time. Or maybe it's the opposite: he's a peasant at first and switches roles permanently for whatever reason.

We could see Goofy take Pete's place as Captain of the Guard after Pete gets banished. Not to mention what could be a pretty bad ass boss battle with Pete and the weasel guards.

I know I'm ranting and raving over something that should be inconsequential, but it just pains me to see what they did with Disney Town. It's like Toon Town. That's the bastardized version of Disney of recent years, not the classic one I love. And that's not to say that we won't get to see this in a future installment of KH (where Mickey decides to relieve his royal duty for some time, but Pete returns to try and take over the kingdom), but the best opportunity was with BbS.

Unfortunately, Disney took the whole movie off of YouTube recently, so you'll have to torrent it if you haven't seen the whole thing (though there's a Spanish version on YT lol).
Here's some clips to give an idea:

Spanish lol:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Disney Town wasn't all that bad but I do think Pete could have attempted to take over the kingdom while Mickey was away. I'm not too mad about Pete's banishment after reading the translations of the scene it seems Minnie banished him not only for his cheating in the dream festival but because she was fed up with all of Pete's trouble making over all. So because of that I don't have much of a problem with it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I actually remember this short from my childhood too. I seem to recall it scaring me for some reason :v . I haven't seen much of Disney Town; about the only thing I know happens there is Pete's banishment, and I agree with you that the whole ordeal just sounds kinda dumb.

I think this could have worked out , but alas :/

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Disney Town wasn't all that bad but I do think Pete could have attempted to take over the kingdom while Mickey was away. I'm not too mad about Pete's banishment after reading the translations of the scene it seems Minnie banished him not only for his cheating in the dream festival but because she was fed up with all of Pete's trouble making over all. So because of that I don't have much of a problem with it.

Same with me really. I laughed so hard when I found out that Minnie had been the one that banished Pete.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I would've liked to see The Prince and the Pauper.....but its too late now....we could only think of what could've been....(sigh)...I was kinda disappointed by Disney Town....If they did use The Prince and the Pauper...then you could've had look alike mickey as a partner in the Disney World...you could've also been able to explore the castle, and Pete's banishment would've been a lot better if they did this, and made more sense (at least to me).

EDIT: I also didnt like that "MINNIE" banished Pete...in KH2 both Donald and Goofy say that "THE KING" banished him to another "dimension"

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Same with me really. I laughed so hard when I found out that Minnie had been the one that banished Pete.

Now if Minnie had only banished Pete for cheating in the festival then I would have been dissapointed, but it seems that the cheating was the last straw and she banished because of all the trouble making he has done for years. Because of that I don't mind as much how Pete was banished.

Awards

Doesn't matter to me. Whether as the deciding factor or simply the "last straw," what Pete did simply didn't warrant to be banished.

And it's not just Pete that I have a problem with, it's the entire atmosphere of that world. It reeks new age Disney.

Here's another reason why Prince and the Pauper would fit: The sheer irony of it. Two Mickeys. Say, have we had clones of any other characters in the KH series?

I could easily see them sneaking in a satirical reference to Sora/Roxas/Ven with that.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Doesn't matter to me. Whether as the deciding factor or simply the "last straw," what Pete did simply didn't warrant to be banished.

And it's not just Pete that I have a problem with, it's the entire atmosphere of that world. It reeks new age Disney.

Here's another reason why Prince and the Pauper would fit: The sheer irony of it. Two Mickeys. Say, have we had clones of any other characters in the KH series?

I could easily see them sneaking in a satirical reference to Sora/Roxas/Ven with that.

They could still do Prince and the Pauper....just use Mortimar instead of Pete.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Well to each his own, but I think Minnie's reason to banish Pete is fine. He was a trouble making for years, she had enough of it, so she banished him to keep the peace. I don't have a problem with that. But your opinion is your opinion.

A

Azrael

Because Nomura doesn't know how to use Disney to its full potential/

BBS was terrible in that aspect.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Because Nomura doesn't know how to use Disney to its full potential/

BBS was terrible in that aspect.

Ya, for other Disney Worlds, he had a story to base the storyline of the game off of.

But for Disney Town.....they had to create their own storyline based on things created from Disney...and hoped it fit.

KHplaya

I can't agree with you more. Disney Town was a huge letdown in my opinion. Pete getting banished for ruining some ice cream contest, really? Prince and the Pauper would have been great, and it would not have been hard to add minigames to that world too.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Wow, that never occurred to me. You should go to the past and tell Nomura about this. If only you could...
Great idea. I think it would fit so much better, and I haven't even played BBS yet!!!

I'm rather shocked no one thought of this before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back