• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Do I Put an Art Portfolio Together?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Going to apply for this job, probably not qualified. It is asking for adobe ninjas(whatever the fuck that is) and someone with knowledge on photoshop. Figure why not and try to see what would happen, if I tried to take my art into the real world. I need a portfolio though, and have no idea where to start. Anyone able to help?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
What kind of knowledge with photoshop are they looking for?

If you can get all your work that demonstrates that need into one place then you'll have your portfolio.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
What kind of knowledge with photoshop are they looking for?

If you can get all your work that demonstrates that need into one place then you'll have your portfolio.
Just graphic design it says. I just want to try it and see how far I can get with it. Soo like make a template of all my pieces that I think are good enough and send them that way?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
As long as your selected artwork isn't made up of tags.

Also I'd try googling online portfolios so you can see how to set them up correctly

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
As long as your selected artwork isn't made up of tags.

Also I'd try googling online portfolios so you can see how to set them up correctly
I actually have very few tags that I am even going to put into it. Even though it does call for some of the effects that I have learned through tagging. I will see how it goes. Thanks you Eric for posting something benefical here. I will try and get something together.

Kk_s

Job will look for in an Art Portfolio for GFX Design will be things like Business Cards, Letter Heads, Advertisement, Magazine Spread Sheet Designs, Packaging and Label Designs, Logos, Posters, and Web Designs (depending). These are things most companies look for when they hire someone for a Graphic Design position.

Good Luck!

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Try this site: www.conceptart.org
Post your complete portfolio there and they actually have artists of all kind critique it and tell you where you could improve in your putting together of portfolio-ness and maybe even give you a heads up if your work is what the job requires. Just let them know the details.
Good luck!!!

O

Oberon

Things that most portfolio's have:

Page layout spreads (magazines are ideal, newspapers, brochures, packets, etc)
Business card designs
Web design

I'm forgetting a lot of things but those are the main three that go pretty far.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
"It is asking for adobe ninjas(whatever the bonk that is)"

You're memory is quite pathetic.
It's also asking for three different job positions, Adobe ninjas, Graphic Designer, and after Effects user, my dear.

D

Deleted member 36435

"And" is a conjunction that connects to words together, basically it means "as well" or "in addition to." So, what you said implied you need both.

The word you needed to use was "or" if that is what you meant, MY DEAR.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
"And" is a conjunction that connects to words together, basically it means "as well" or "in addition to." So, what you said implied you need both.

The word you needed to use was "or" if that is what you meant, MY DEAR.

....You're okay.

O

Oberon

Also an FYI, second grade grammar is a minimum for any design job. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back