• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how do you feel about piracy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
though everyone agrees that the internet has made the lot of us entitled asses

even after being explained that there are two sides to the issue he still sees it in a right-wrong way rather than seeing it as a situational thing and doesn't understand the difference in stealing vs. copying. thus fourth stage: authority and social order obedience driven

A bit of a side issue, but I don't get why people treat circumstances as something that actually effects right/wrong. Regardless of situation, it's mere justification of the action taken. The only difference is whether or not the populace would accept the justification or not.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
actually that's pretty funny because companies want all the rights of individuals but are hardly ever tasked with the responsibilities of them :3Mmhmm, you have to be stupid to say you're pirating simply because you can't afford it.

Actually I'm saying this to those who use the "I'm too poor" argument as a justification for piracy.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Nevermore lol one of the best posts in the thread honestly you could probably tack onto that and say that most of us haven't really been taught the true meaning of earning something the right way.

I guess you can count me in the stupid category because I pirate stuff I can't afford. As a college student got to make some choices hell when you stay alone by yourself without help from parents got to make tough choices.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I guess you can count me in the stupid category because I pirate stuff I can't afford. As a college student got to make some choices hell when you stay alone by yourself without help from parents got to make tough choices.

What? Really, I don't get it.

I'm living on my own. I pay for my own food. My own rent. I attend University. YET I find myself buying games with ease. And I lent out money to my mum because she's struggling.

Really, am I THAT good at handling my budget? Or is everyone that fucking bad at handling their own money?

D

Deleted member 36435

I'm living on my own. I pay for my own food. My own rent. I attend University. YET I find myself buying games with ease. And I lent out money to my mum because she's struggling.

Really, am I THAT good at handling my budget? Or is everyone that fucking bad at handling their own money?
holy shit because -you- are in a good position doesn't mean you are a fucking god or everyone is a fucking retard
congratulations, you got yourself a good job that can pay for food, rent and your university and games. not everyone can do that.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
holy shit because -you- are in a good position doesn't mean you are a fucking god or everyone is a fucking retard
congratulations, you got yourself a good job that can pay for food, rent and your university and games. not everyone can do that.

I'M NOT EVEN WORKING. This is on loans and the money I saved beforehand. I have no job at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Really, am I THAT good at handling my budget? Or is everyone that bonking bad at handling their own money?

No, because nobody is bonking hiring. Please don't compare your own situation to those of others. Some of us aren't lucky to be able to get jobs or loans or have money saved or have parents that have jobs. I'm in debt right now because of school so either I'm going to feed myself and save what little money I do have to pay for my transcripts or I'm going to spend $100 a week on movies and video games. Guess what I'm choosing.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'M NOT EVEN WORKING. This is on loans and the money I saved beforehand. I have no job at all.

It's a grave mistake to think that your situation is easily applicable to other people, especially when you live in a different country than some other people you're comparing.

I know pirating is wrong. Undoubtedly. I still did it in my high school days because I knew I wouldn't be able to listen to the music I liked if I didn't download it, because I had no money.

I don't pirate now that I'm in college mostly because I don't have time, but when I have my own job/salary I will buy the stuff that I appreciate, like music. I actually do buy music now whenever I want to support a band and their CD.

I pirated the Adobe suite as a high schooler. Were it not for that, I never would have gotten into graphic design. Because of that, I BOUGHT the suite, and I will be using it in my career. So even though it's not legal or justifiable, I turned it around into something good.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Not like it really matters all that much, since "I have no money" is a pretty lame excuse for pirating anyway.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Honestly @ Chrono Mizaki

I know you didn't mean much by that some people might have took offense to the way you said what you did, but I understand where you are coming from, but for people like me that don't have the scholly's, or the grants and loans as such yeah it doesn't work out like that.

I also don't have a job either just to clear that up and even if I did though I still don't think I would buy certain things like music.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If I don't got the money, I pirate it.
I'm not supposed to have it, since I don't have the money, and am in no way entitled to having it. But, because of that fact that no one gets hurt by my downloading of it since my money was never going to go to it in the first place, I don't care.
Also, when I really enjoy something I pirated, I will a lot of the time go out and buy it if I come across the money later on.
And, when it comes to something I support, I will avoid piracy.

D

Deleted member 36435

Post above. I don't work. I live in loans and grants with money saved beforehand. My Mum struggles and I refuse money from my Dad (mostly because I'll end up regretting it with my Dad's small print).
this is how you get into debt ladies and gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back