• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how do you feel about piracy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It sounds like people are trying to justify stealing.

Or think that they are doing society a favor by not making the millionaires even richer. I can sympathize with this. But I really believe there are better ways of being an activist than committing a felony.

Not that I'm any better though. I've ripped my fair share of pokemon games and Microsoft Software. But I understand that what I did was very very wrong.

Nobody is justifying it. We just don't give a fuck.

Bobby Craft

Nobody is justifying it. We just don't give a fuck.

But you can at least see where this circle of greed comes from though right? We don't care about the big companies; the big companies don't care about us.

Yeah, I work at Wal-Mart.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
If the product is from a business I truly want to support (ie, Nintendo), I will definitely buy it. Pretty much anything that's good, or I think a lot of effort went into making (like if I were to get Skyrim), I'd buy it. Pretty much my piracy law.

Not that I pirate much, but if I did, I'd definitey do it for games I want to try, not really play, from companies I don't really care much about (like most of Sony's first parties, to be honest).

I don't listen to a whole lot of music, so it's not really an issue, but when I do, on the off-chance, get a song, I usually get it in some sort of free way; there's no real musician or record label I care to support enough to warrant a purchase from me.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I download tons of music (although significantly less now thanks to Spotify). And movies and tv shows.

... okay yeah I'm a pirate. lol But the difference between me and someone who just downloads to hoard is that if I download a CD or a TV show I really like, I will go out of my way to buy a genuine copy soon after. Lately that has included Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Foster The People's new album.

I don't really believe in "listen to one song and then buy the album" logic. I want to listen to everything first before buying it. With TV shows however, I'll watch it all after downloading but I'll still go out and buy copies of the DVD's. Support the artists. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You also don't have all the responsibilities or obligations of a big company :p

You got me XP but even so, it isn't like people aren't still buying what they are selling and they aren't bringing in a ton of revenue.

Software piracy rate statistics - countries compared - Nation Master

Hardly doubt this chart is accurate and it only talks about software.

It isn't like everybody is pirating. A regular consumer wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to downloading things for free.

sdr08

I am curious how many will support DDD, since there isn't a emulator, i guess theres always youtube tho

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You also don't have all the responsibilities or obligations of a big company :p
actually that's pretty funny because companies want all the rights of individuals but are hardly ever tasked with the responsibilities of them :3
I'm going to mention this.

If you can afford to buy a PC or a Games Console. Then you can afford to buy a video game.
Mmhmm, you have to be stupid to say you're pirating simply because you can't afford it.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
As a college student without a income or a career yeah you could probably see where that's going.

As for the topic itself if games weren't so expensive same for music and movies this stuff probably would die down a little at least. Main reason I don't buy Blu-ray you see those prices $25 for Lion King or $25 and I pick up some food from the store that's basically what goes through my mind when I think of piracy sometimes.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah about 6 I know of now for the 3DS that's another thing, but I'm certain after about a few months there has to be at least two maybe.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Here's the thing, pirating is for criminals who want to save money and/or make a quick buck, it also takes money from whatever company owns the stolen property, digital or not. It doesn't matter if it's some big multi-million dollar corparation, if they lose money, it effects the hard-working, poor folk that either work for said company, or not. If the big movie company loses enough yearly profits, some people have to get laid off, but in other cases, some products or services get pulled from store shelves (i.e. Square Enix, Disney, PSN Store, etc.), which effects those other poor folk in a less vital way. Pirating is breaking the law, and unlike other things I disagree with that is law, like marijuanna and prostitution, I agree that pirating should stay illegal for good. Feel free to put in you're opinion.

D

Deleted member 36435

yeah, those big movie companies making profits in the hundreds of million in the opening weekends of large films are really going to have to fire some dickfaces if i pirate that movie

prostitution causes rape and murder and the spread of STDs, btw.

not going to even go into marijuana because i'm sure all the stonerfags here will be all NO IT DOESNT LOL IT DOES NOTHIGN WRONG ITS JUST MAKE FEEL GOOD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
yeah, those big movie companies making profits in the hundreds of million in the opening weekends of large films are really going to have to fire some dickfaces if i pirate that movie

prostitution causes rape and murder and the spread of STDs, btw.

not going to even go into marijuana because i'm sure all the stonerfags here will be all NO IT DOESNT LOL IT DOES NOTHIGN WRONG ITS JUST MAKE FEEL GOOD

Let me rephrase, if a company loses a certain amount of money in yearly profits, they would lay off employees as a result. And I suppose I shouldn't have mentioned those, but all I was saying is that prostitution should be legal because anyone has the right to do with their own body as they please, and marijuana should be as legal as cigarettes because those stoners have a right to get high, however, not in a public place like a store so they're acting like fools.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Your reasonings for prostitution and marijuana to be legalized are kinda on the stupid side.

If there was ever a good reason for prostitution to be legalized, it would be to give prostitutes access to health care, eliminate underground sex slavery, make it possible for prostitutes to approach the police for issues like rape and murder without the fear of being arrested themselves, etc.

A better reason for marijuana to be legalized would be to give the government another source of revenue.

My reasons are hardly better than yours but at least they aren't justified by the right of freedom to do whatever the hell you want.

Also, nobody is saying pirating should be legal. Lol, so a kid who downloads mp3s of japanese songs is just as bad as a adult criminal who has stolen money or objects from a store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back