• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you like to set your party members?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blowjob

I searched and searched and was surprised that nobody made this thread yet.
How did you like your artificial intelligent friends in battle?

Technic Attack (use character's individual abilities)
Target Attack (attack Sora's target)
Huddle Attack (stay close to Sora)
Party Attack (attack a target other than Sora's
Sora Attack (support Sora's attacks)
Relentless Attack (attack one target until dead)

I usually go for the most powerful enemy first, so I always leave Donald in "Party Attack" so that he can be a good distance away from the damage dealers. This also gives him time to heal the group. For Goofy, I switch between Relentless Attack and Target Attack. I don't have much to say about the others but maybe YOU do.

I'd appreciate it if someone can also find me an article or any sort of material that goes into depth about the "ally" system of Kingdom Hearts. For, to me, it is the most innovative idea in gaming, ever. And only a few titles have been able to provide this: Dynasty Warriors series, The Warriors (2005), Resident Evil Outbreak and 5, and (dot)Hack.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
I generally put them on Party Attack or Relentless Attack because it somehow annoys me when they don't focus on one enemy like I do. My strategy's pretty random and I just focus and destroy what's in front of me before moving on to the next, with no real specific targets unless this or that Heartless has a really annoying attack or status effect that I know will get up in my grill. But once I'm at a high enough level that I don't really need too much in the way of allied attacks, they're both on Sora Attack so I can clean up and they can stay the hell out of my way.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
This is one part of the games that I never really cared about, but would have probably helped me if I paid attention to it. Every time I played I pretty much just let them do whatever they wanted. It's probably the reason they kept dying on me in KH1. What they did didn't really matter so much in KH2.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Party attack, Sora can handle himeself,
And i usually switched out Goofy for the other party character

Love Machine

strut strut strut
who needs party members. except for Donald curing you (if he ever does, that fuck), Sora can handle himself.

even though that kind of only applies with II, since you get better abilities to help you take down multiple enemies. but Party Attack would be my favorite

Gram

Banned
Awards
i left them on their default settings they were only useful after i got the trinity limit anyway.

geist226

Website
www.vividgamer.com
I have owned KH2 since it released, and I honestly don't remember having found the party strategies in the menu until my recent 5th playthrough on Proud Mode.

That said, I didn't change anything :) They're even more useless on Proud Mode, with the exception of Donald's occasional Cure.

In KH1, I set their tactics to fairly conservative, with an emphasis on Support.

blowjob

In KH1, I set their tactics to fairly conservative, with an emphasis on Support.

You can set their tactics in KH1? I thought the only thing you can do was press triangle for them to run to you or lock on to an enemy and press triangle for them to attack?

geist226

Website
www.vividgamer.com
You can set their tactics in KH1? I thought the only thing you can do was press triangle for them to run to you or lock on to an enemy and press triangle for them to attack?

Yeah you can set things like frequency of offensive ability use, frequency of healing item use, frequency of defensive magic use, etc. I don't think I remember what you're describing actually XD

blowjob

Yeah you can set things like frequency of offensive ability use, frequency of healing item use, frequency of defensive magic use, etc. I don't think I remember what you're describing actually XD

OH! I remember now.

Try pressing triangle the next time you're in battle in KH1. Your team will have exclamation points above their heads and they'll yell something.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com

Oh jeez that's right, I was thinking we were talking about the mechanic from KH1 to start with because I forgot this existed. And there were still some templates like "Offensive" and "Defensive" or something (apart from the "Custom") that would automatically set them to predetermined levels.

But yeah the Party Attack and etc. were KH2 then, same basic area but without that level of customization. I think they got the vibe that a lot of people just picked a template and went with that instead of finagling details, or they didn't want to overcomplicate the system when they were adding Drive and everything.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Relentless attack I was an overall berserker in KH2 and very rarely my party members would die even on proud mode... I would mainly handle things myself...

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
All out offence until I need healing, then I glide to safety and heal before hacking at Heartless again.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm a grinder, so my party members are usually strong enough to go into the thick of any battle without being in danger, so I don't have to keep them back and do all the work. As a matter of fact, sometimes, just for fun, I will enter a room filled with heartless, put down the controller, and watch as Donald and Goofy (or whoever my party is) wipe out the enemies before they can even attack Sora. I like team work. I don't like doing all the work myself, but I don't like letting them do all the work either. So I usually keep it on Party Attack or Relentless Attack.

I change things up depending on the situation though. For example, if I'm trying to level up a drive form that requires Sora to kill a lot of heartless while in that form, I'll switch it to Sora attack so he can get all the kills.

Axеl

Website
z7.invisionfree.com
They can do whatever they want, as long as Goofy doesn't throw a potion at me from the moment I take 1HP of damage

For real.

I never trust those idiots with items. Donald casts one spell and suddenly Goofy's completely out of Ethers, and then my HP bar is screaming while Donald uses his last Hi-Potion to fix one of Goofy's scratches.

Yeah it's teamwork and all, but I don't think it's egotistical to say CURE ME FIRST, DUMMY when the goal kind of rides on Sora's survival over everyone else's.

DiveHearts

Awards
I generally left it on the default settings until around my 4th playthrough when I decided to have Donald on Party Attack and Goofy on Target Attack. It's pretty useless imo.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I actually didn't know there was something to change it, I just did what I wanted and they'd do their thing.
I'll have to change that on my next playthrough.

But still, my Sora can handle himself. He's max and Goofy has absolutely craploads of HP so he can do what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back