• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you like your Coffee?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm actually astounded it took me this long to come up with this particular question to ask the forum. I can't imagine there aren't too many people on here who don't drink coffee on the forum. Unless they prefer tea, water, or other.

Personally, I used to be someone who liked hot coffee because of my grandpa. He used to let me order coffee and put half and half in it with lots of sugar as a kid. And it wasn't until a few years ago, I owned a coffee maker from a garage sale. (Then I won a second one in a raffle, but both coffee makers are pretty standard, and nothing too special about them in comparison to the ones that make espressos and lattes and etc.) Eventually, I discovered my love of iced espresso vanilla lattes, and mocha frappes. And I haven't went back to hot coffee ever since. :coffee: Funny enough, someone on here got me started on the Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccinos years ago too. (However, I don't really drink those now because, I want my cold coffee to be more bitter.)

Anyways, here's some questions below. Feel free to answer any of them or none of them at all. ;)

Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?
How did you get started drinking coffee?
Do you like your coffee hot or cold?
Where do you buy your coffee from? (Do you buy any from cafes or Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, Gas Stations, or other?)
Do you like your coffee sweet or bitter or in-between?
What kind of coffee grounds do you use and why?
Have you tried instant coffee?

-------

Related to coffee, I wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice about making your own iced espresso lattes. I've looked up multiple youtube videos about how to make your own at a cheaper price. (I won't lie, ice coffee can be expensive to buy at a grocery store depending on what brand you buy.) But everyone says something different about making their own iced espresso coffee, which is really frustrating.

So I'm wondering if I should buy dark roast coffee grounds because, I want my coffee to be strong enough to be both bitter and sweet. Whereas, I've tried medium roast coffee grounds but, it seems to get watered down whenever I make regular coffee with my standard coffee maker. OR if I should try buying vanilla flavored coffee grounds instead because it'd achieve the vanilla flavor I want. I know I need vanilla syrup, but I wondered if the vanilla flavored coffee grounds was worth a try or not?

Also, can you achieve a latte without an espresso machine? (I'm debating about buying one sometime next year if it's something I need to make one.)

And please be kind. I don't have a whole lot of experience with making my own coffee. Or know much about coffee besides drinking it from various places on the run.

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I do drink coffee. I mainly drink it because it provides me with energy. I can go without, but I'd be a little groggy and sluggish. If I go long enough without coffee, I will be able to adapt without any of it, but I will go through withdrawals, but eventually I can adapt.

I actually went a long time without drinking coffee regularly. I didn't drink coffee during my undergrad at all. I started with the lattes as I begun grad school, but didn't get really hooked until I relied on it heavily during a maintenance manager course I did for a position I was holding in the Army sometime ago; I was going off little sleep and long hours. I just needed the instant energy, so I grabbed some from the back of the class. I didn't care about sugar or cream, I just needed the energy. Ever since, I was hooked.

I prefer hot coffee and I typically buy from a a local small business, but I'm not opposed to the chains if I have to have a cup.
Even though sweet has its perks, I don't drink coffee with sugar for health reasons. I'm just a stone cold coffee drinker.

I don't usually brew my own coffee, but weak coffee I toss out. I don't do instant coffee. I prefer a medium roast, but I can go dark roast. I definitely seem to believe that coffee gave me a bit more kick in order to push through two degrees, couple of jobs and interns, and 9 years of military and counting.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I don’t drink coffee, but if I do it’s with a shit ton of cream.

Iustus

Awards
Yes, I do. It helps me to start a day or focus at work.

I was in the second year of my training as chef, where my kitchen head chef offered me a cup of espresso. The taste back then was terrible.
But I had a very tricky encounter when I was a small kid. Cold coffee instead of cola. Terrible!

Most of the time hot, sometimes like in summer with ice cream. You should try espresso with a bit vanilla ice cream and Amaretti cookies!

Where do you buy your coffee from? (Do you buy any from cafes or Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, Gas Stations, or other?)
I check if that brand's from Italy, since I really appreciate their culture of coffee. I never buy from Starbucks or something like that. Only when I am out in a restaurant. After the main course.

It must have a bit of sugar inside!

The common ground coffee. I don't have a coffee machine with those filters and I am too lazy to buy one.... I consume most of my cups at work. At home maybe once or twice a week.

Yes, but the taste is nothing compared to the real one.

Arso Martinera

So, I don't usually drink coffee, but I've been staying up for OctoberKast and I felt I needed a little something something. I just want to say that Starbucks Breakfast Blend tastes like water squeezed from wads of trash. I'll never understand how people enjoy that stuff. DafontShowboxAdam4adam

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I have in the past. I stopped because I have never cared for the taste of it.

Working Overnights got me into drinking Coffee. I realized i get the same caffeine rush from drinking soda or tea.

Confession... I have never drank Iced / Cold coffee in my life... Probably never will. Hot Coffee doesn't taste good to me so i couldn't imagine cold coffee would be much better.

It depended on where i was at the time. USA, Typically Dunkin Donuts, though i have tried Starbucks as well. When i lived in Mississauga Ontario, Tim Hortons...

Like i stated early I never really liked the taste but I always went in-between.

...?

Nope...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't drink coffee (or tea or cappuccino either). The funny thing though is I love the smell of coffee.

D

Deleted member 252753

Also, can you achieve a latte without an espresso machine? (I'm debating about buying one sometime next year if it's something I need to make one.)

You can make a passable latte using a cheap handheld milk frother (you stick it in the milk and it spins around, frothing the milk).

I love coffee myself, normally with milk. I am trying to use more milk alternatives or drink more black coffee to cut out animal products more, but I find it is best with cow's milk.

I actually really don't like sugar in my coffee or sweet coffee drinks at all. When I was working nights in a parcel sorting job I remember feeling so tired and getting a coffee from a machine to give me energy. I tasted it and realised the machine had automatically added sugar and I felt really frustrated.

Neo_

Awards
I don't drink coffee... it literally seems like one of the most pointless beverages in existence. It's definitely a luxury, but people seem to value it more than water, and that's what gets me lol.

Then again, I'm a weirdo.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like coffee, I've tried it several times and I just don't like the taste, but when I do or if I do I want it to be sweet and tainted with another flavor. There were these old coffee shops in the mall I go to (pre-starbucks) I can't remember what they were called but they had this awesome Vanilla Bean something-or-other that was almost like a milkshake but it tasted more like vanilla with a great coffee aftertaste, but typically it's the strong bean flavor I don't like.

coffee is truly a blessing when you need to wake up instantly. I was also sceptical about cold coffee, but I actually tried it in the summer and it became a delicious life-saviour during warm/hot days. So now I drink hot coffee only during cold season

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yes. I drink coffee. I drink it because I like it. I have it with my breakfast, and before I go to gym, I use it as my energy drink.

I honestly can't remember. It's possible I just asked my mom or dad for a cup and they gave me one.

I like it hot, though I enjoyed some iced coffee from time to time.

I like my coffee from home. After exploring different coffee shops in my jurisdiction, I can pretty much conclude that Starbucks is overrated and pricey.

In-between. I'm generally a fan of experiencing all flavors at the same time.

Can't answer, ahahhaaha.

Yes, I actually enjoyed it.

Back