• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you want Kairi's part to be integrated in the game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Henryp

Awards
Hey all. I've seen many of us worried, dissapointed and mainly confused after seeing the MoM reveal trailer, mainly because of the combination of a Kairi's important arc into a rhythm game. We wil probably get a confirmation soon in an interview, but I would like to know in general terms how people would want the arc of Kairi to play out. Not what you expect to happen, but mostly what would be your ideal scenario knowing the two things are together.

I think i would like either of this two scenarios;

A) Kairi's storyline is only the teaser and introduction of what is to come, similar to Riku's part in Limit Cut. A couple of cutscenes at the beggining of the game, a couple more at the end and then a full game focusing on the dreams adventure of Riku/Kairi/??? hinted by the Fairy Godmother.

B) A separate small scenario with its own playability like 0.2 or ReMind were. I think both cases worked well for how little actual storycontent they had, so maybe a couple hours of Kairi playability could be more than enough to satisfy me.

So, what would you like to see?

Foxycian

Awards
Well many speculation that Melody of memeory is just a set up to future kairi and Riku game just like how Re:coded was a set up to Dream drop distance, I don’t mind either way as long I get more kingdom hearts games and more kairi.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I'd rather she had a short and sweet scenario... I won't lie, if there ever does end up being a 3D "sequel," I'd prefer for it to be Riku and Sora as the protagonists again.

I really hope it's not going to be a case of every time we finish a world in the rhythm game, we get a Kairi cutscene interlude.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
C) She becomes part of the rhythm gameplay later on in the game, possibly as a Reverse/Rebirth mode or the game's final "boss" is her vs. Data-Black Coat in the same style as the Xemnas clip.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Realistically speaking, Kairi stuff is going to be cutscenes after OC worlds are completed, in much the same disjointed fashion as DDD.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm honestly picturing it more like Coded. In Coded as we debugged the journal worlds we were greeted with a new cutscene of a "hidden" memory at the end of a world. This is just speculation but here is what I think may be happening...

They believe Kairi's heart might hold the clue to finding Sora, some kind of link she can follow. In this series memory leads to memory so in order to search her heart, her memories, they need to essentially jog her memory with similar ones. To that end Ansem the Wise and his apprentices create a digital simulation of the entire series from their data (which at this point they should have data on literally every adventure that happened) and have Kairi re-experience the series through an avatar of Sora. Once she experiences enough memories it causes her to recall one of her own memories from her past and then they bring her out of the simulation to view this memory and talk about what it means. Rinse and repeat until the game is done and they've got what they need for the next game.

So while I'd like it to be just a tease for a full Kairi game, I think it's just a way to catch Kairi up on everything she missed and fill in some holes. The talk of what is presumably Xehanort's final plan is interesting though, I wonder if they are talking about the lifeboat. Maybe only she and Xehanort knew about it because he kept it as a super secret back-up plan and through her memories they learn of it and figure they can calibrate it to send them directly to Sora. That be almost poetic using the device that sent her to Sora the first time to send her to Sora now.

SuperNova

Awards
I want it to be option B, but knowing how this series structures cutscenes, we are going to get Kairi cutscenes in between the rhythm game sections.

redcrown

Awards
Option B, Kairi's story separated from the rhythm game, and the Shibuya game/DDD2 without her involved at all, or at least not forcing us to play as her and minimally involved.

darknessofheart

Awards
The only thing I truly care about is that Kairi's backstory is handled and told well, even if it's just reserved for cutscenes and no gameplay. Based on the small snippets in the trailer, it looks like that might be the case. That small scene in the trailer of a four-year-old girl running for her life from heartless only to be abducted by a sociopath obsessed with knowledge and power has the makings to be the most disturbing scene of the entire series.

Xehanort has done a lot of messed up things, but his crimes as an apprentice to Ansem takes the prize in my opinion. His experiments caused people to lose their sanity, was the source of moaning heard by Isa and Lea, and it's even implied children were among those experiments. This period of time in the mythology of the series is very vague, so I'm happy that it's finally being partially chronicled in cutscenes. Leave it to Nomura to tell it through a rhythm-based game, but I'll take it.

Having Kairi realize how she's been used to hurt so many people can be a really meaningful turning point for her character. That's why I hope the figure in the trailer is apprentice-Xehanort and not someone else like MoM. Xehanort has done too much harm to not deserve all that that anger.

AegisXIII

Awards
We all know it's gonna be option a because switch. They cannot leave the final world without the console to overheat.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We all know it's gonna be option a because switch. They cannot leave the final world without the console to overheat.
The cutscenes are video, not in-game. It's no different than CoM having FMVs on GBA.

Michael Mario

The cutscenes are video, not in-game. It's no different than CoM having FMVs on GBA.
Option B is more than FMVs, however: it entails including a small-scale game using KHIII's engines. The Switch isn't as underpowered in comparison to the PS4 and Xbox One as the 3DS was to the previous generation, sure; but I wouldn't give my hopes up on it running a segment of KHIII without making compromises. That being said... I could see Kairi becoming playable for the final stretch of the game: albeit still with rhythm-based gameplay both to maintain consistency and because it'd likely task the Switch a lot less.

My own pick is... Option AB: Kairi's story is the framing device for the game's events and going through memories not unlike what Hirokey123 described with maybe Kairi herself being playable with that same gameplay engine in the final act. For the most part, though, it'd setup DDD2 with Kairi joining Riku to find Sora or something like that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
From what little they've shown I think the Kairi stuff will just be cutscenes spread throughout the rhythm gameplay. Maybe the final boss against Apprentice Xehanort will be a playable boss battle

the red monster

Awards
Of course everyone wants it to be B.
but sadly it's going to be A since it's on the switch.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
A small playable scenario would be nice, though that'd require creating spaces and enemies for Kairi to explore and fight. Which, given the premise of the story, I'm not sure is feasible.

At any rate, I fully expect the story to be delivered as cutscenes exclusively after certain points in the World Tour mode shown in the trailer.

zander1995

Awards
I agree with Echo. I'm betting we'll get a new cutscene after X amount of songs completed, and that'll be it.

Get one at the start, get one at 30, get one at 60, get one at 90, get one at 120, and a final cutscene for completing all songs.

And probably some secret ending for completing all songs on the hardest difficulty

Back