• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does BBS rank with the other Kingdom Hearts games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Hi folks

I am asking to those who've played it: how good is BBS compared to his predecessors and why? And what's your favourite KH game?

I'm just curious (and please try to keep it as spoiler free as possible of course :p)

Thanks in advance

It's slightly worse than CoM but better than KHII and def. better than Days

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Hi folks

I am asking to those who've played it: how good is BBS compared to his predecessors and why? And what's your favourite KH game?

I'm just curious (and please try to keep it as spoiler free as possible of course :p)

Thanks in advance

Well, I haven't really played it yet, but from watching many videos and HQ screenshots, I'd have to say it ranks pretty high among the other games. If not higher.

satria222poxy

1. BbS & KH2: The largest volume in the KH series & the best KH games ever (for now).
2. KH1: The base of the series, its a good & bad game.
3. Days: An add-on gap between KH1, COM & KH2. Essential to tell the story of Roxas.
4. Re:COM: The gap between the PS2 games. Interesting gameplay, boring room synthesis.
5. coded: An add-on gap between KH2 & the next game. Less episodes, short game.

Last edited:

MeggieKeyblader

1. BbS vs. KH1- Tie.

Kh1- Just a million times better than KH2... it's just a lot more fun to play, there's not a cutscene every 2 seconds, and there were actually puzzles and you had to figure things out, unlike in KH2. It was a lot less linear.

BbS- I haven't played it yet, but the story's awesome and full of plot twists and emotion. The combat system looks like it beats out the rest of the KH games in every way possible. It's not just button-smashing, like KH2.

3. KH2. Had a good storyline, added much more depth to the series. The combat system was a lot better than KH2, with the addition of reaction commands. WAYYY too linear though, and too many cutscenes.

4. Days. I feel like the whole game was slow-paced, and I didn't care all too much about the RAX story. Still enjoyable, though, and I likedthe panel system.

5. CoM. I got sick of it after a while. Card system kinda sucked, too.

Jakek9

1.BBS
2.KH2FM
3.KH1
4.Re: COM
5.KH1FM
6.KH2
7.DAYS
8.COM
9.Coded
10.Mobile
11. Vcast

This is all prediction, on all of them.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
1. BBS & KH1(FM)

BBS and KH1(FM) are the best games. Both have the best Gameplay & Stories.

2. KH2FM

Though I put KH1 & KH1FM as one game but I think KH2FM needs to be considered a different game from KH2. It was just way better.

3. KH2

Added depth to the series. Not much of anything else.

4. KH:CoM

Best Gameboy game I ever played. Good Story and the Card System was good idea because of how incapable the Gameboy was. Set's up KH2 and the reason of the Journal being blank so Coded could happen.

5. Coded & Days

Days was a slow game but explained some plot holes in KH2. A Good Story nonetheless but unfitting story for the KH universe because of how Xion ended up.
Coded is a small game but does do it's job as a bridge to the next game. Amazing Graphics for a Phone I might add.

6. Mobile & V-Cast

Played V-Cast, it was dumb.
Mobile is not really a Game.
So, Meh.

7. KH:Re:Com

Fuck It. Worst game Ever. Card System on Gameboy, Good. On Ps2, Just Fuck It. Awkward controls makes it unenjoyable. The Cutscenes were a good thing but that's it. Waste of $20.

QuietAssistant

Awards
Well, I have the game!
Ummm(NOTE:The comparison is only of the games I have)

KHIIFM
BBS(very very VERY close to first)
KHFM
KH 358/2 Days
KHRECOM(japanese)
KH COM(american for gameboy)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think in terms of length and content it is on par or just slightly less than KH1.

In terms of how good it is probably a tie with KH1 I would say.

Xammag

I was more excited about it than KH2 and the feel of it was much more free imo. It looked like a great game, people were saying it was a great game, and even with my lack of Japanese, I knew it was a great game by just watching it.

Awards
Here's my list:

1) CoM
2) BBS
3) KH1
4) KH2
5) Days

I kinda thought Days was too repetitive and the ideas were all recycled. The story was also bland.

Z

Zulkir

1)KH1
2)BBS
3)CoM
4)KH2
5)Days
6)Coded

1-3 are the only decent games imo.

Sora^Fan

Well, I haven't really played it but I'm just gonna assume here:

1) KHI
2) BBS
3) KHII
4) CoM/Re:Com
5) Days
6) Coded

BBS looks like a great game lol

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I estimate that it's really high, but I'll see when I play the game.

Awards
IMO
1. KH2
2. BBS
3. KH1
4. COM/ Re: COM
5. Days
6. Coded.

I personally haven't played it yet, BUT from what i've seen, its pretty freaking awesome. I Can't wait for the english release.

moonstar_xo

Well I haven't played BBS, but from what I've heard of it it looks amazing. Here's my list so far:

1. KH1: Nothing beats the original! It had puzzles and platforming elements in it, which gave it a bit of a challenge. Not so much a challenge that it was really hard, but a fun challenge. Plus the Disney characters played a much more important role than in the other games. The storyline was pretty good too. Overall, this was a really good game.

2. BBS: From what I've heard of it, BBS sounds awesome and up to par with KH1 (it might actually change to being my favorite game once I actually play it.) I heard the gameplay is awesome and that it's not just a "Press X and /\ over and over again until the health runs out" game like KH2. In fact, from what I've seen the health bars for the bosses seem rather low and they're actually a bit challenging.

3. COM/ReCOM: I really liked the storyline. I didn't hate the card system either, actually. It was just hard to get used to. But once you did, it was actually a lot of fun (and again with the whole challenge element to this) You actually had to plan what cards to put in what decks and so on and so forth.

4. KH2: I didn't HATE KH2 like a lot of people here do. I actually really liked the storyline of this, plus some things were definitely improved (like Gummi Ship sequences and the fact you can open treasure boxes during battle. Oh, and let's not forget the camera) But the challenging element that was in the first two games kind of disappeared. Instead, bosses with ridiculous amounts of HP were added and it was just a matter of pressing X and /\ over and over again until the health runs out. Also, the need for magic (save for Cure) kind of vanished.

5. Days: I didn't hate Days either. It's actually grown on me a bit. The only thing I couldn't stand about it was the repetetiveness of it. A normal mission day for Roxas would go like this: Get mission from Saix, do mission, learn life lesson about hearts or love or something, then eat ice cream. The game was also a bit choppy. The plot would start out slow, then get fast for a while, then go back to being slow. It was a good game, just not as good as the others.

So yeah, BBS looks to be one of the better games in the series from what I've seen of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back