• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does Santa Claus factor into the lore?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Well, Let's think this logically, the realm of darkness is supposed to be "a place of darkness where hearts are gathered" as evidenced by mickey in one of the extra scenes in KH 1 final mix, suggesting that it's likely a sort of limbo. Riku ended up there because he still has lingering attachment to the realm of light, and desired to see Sora and Kairi one last time. This is evidenced by him beginning to glow and presumably fade, but shrugs it off. Though it's likely the final world was far from even being a figment in Nomura's eye, it's implied that that's where he would've gone if it existed at that time.

True. Back in the day, that was the only place beyond the Realm Of Light, way before The Final World, Realm Of Sleep and Datascape were a thing.

I'm thinking Nomura believed that all hearts went back to "Kingdom Hearts" back in KH1. The question is whether he knew back then whether the Kingdom Hearts we encounter in KH1 was going to be fake or not.

And that, my friend, is the question!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora got in trouble for saying he didn't believe in Santa. Would any of the other Guardians of Light be on the naughty list?
Not sure about the other Guardians but Riku and Kairi should be good. Sora would have definitely told them about Santa Claus after KH2, lol

Hopefully believing is enough to get back on the nice list

Megavoltage

Awards
They fought against it but Aqua and Terra were turned into villains. Would that put them on the naughty list?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Was Sora on the Naughty List? I thought you just get taken off the list once you claim to no longer believe.

I'd imagine that Santa being magical can travel to any world where Christmas is celebrated or people believe in him. He probably can use Stopza or Slowza to more easily run his deliveries.

Though I do like the idea @Willow A113 suggested of there being different Santas in the different worlds, this would leave the door open for the Santa from The Santa Clause to exist. This would actually work well considering there have been various Santa's through out Disney's history. Maybe the Santa's gain knowledge of the people that are on their worlds, be they native or not and that's how Sandy Claws knew about Sora and Riku.

Soldier

Awards
Was Sora on the Naughty List? I thought you just get taken off the list once you claim to no longer believe.

I'd imagine that Santa being magical can travel to any world where Christmas is celebrated or people believe in him. He probably can use Stopza or Slowza to more easily run his deliveries.

Though I do like the idea @Willow A113 suggested of there being different Santas in the different worlds, this would leave the door open for the Santa from The Santa Clause to exist. This would actually work well considering there have been various Santa's through out Disney's history. Maybe the Santa's gain knowledge of the people that are on their worlds, be they native or not and that's how Sandy Claws knew about Sora and Riku.
Sora was on the naughty list, we learned that from when SDG first meet Santa on the first visit. Though i believe he was taken off the naughty list after saving Christmas. There is no confirmation whether or not the naughty list in KH works that way.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Sora was on the naughty list, we learned that from when SDG first meet Santa on the first visit. Though i believe he was taken off the naughty list after saving Christmas. There is no confirmation whether or not the naughty list in KH works that way.
I just looked up the scene and Santa just tells Sora that 7 years ago he told everyone he didn't believe in Santa. He didn't say anything about that putting him on the naughty list. I just took it as that disqualifying him from receiving gifts.

Back