• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Has KH3D Impacted You?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingMuse35

KH3D has changed my life. It gave me the impression that the KH Series can thrive for many more years into the future. Also, KH3D led me to my great friends at Square Enix of North America and my friends at KH Insider as well as other parts of the Kingdom Hearts fan community. :smile:

So, how has KH3D impacted you? Feel free to share your stories with me. :)

WayToDusk

Mind screw. That's how it impacted me. Thanks to that game, I tried to make sense of Xehanort's plot by writing it down in a notebook and going in chronological order from when he was a kid. I gave up when I reached the beginning of Xemnas' part in the plot and it already goes for five pages, front and back.

On the other hand, it has expanded my view of things in general. I now have the tendency to overthink things, which has been a lifesaver in school and other things.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It didn't really impact me all that much beyond the fact that i now view Xehanort as the gaming industries equivalent to Aizen from bleach in terms of being a "troll" character.
However I did love Riku's part of this story, seeing him go from the self doubting person at the start to the keyblade master he is at the end was even better than seeing him come to terms with darkness in Chain of Memories.

Plus dat tea party~

Light

faster than
Awards
KH 3D was a huge step forward for the series. Before all the plots had been simple, a little too neat. With Dream Drop Distance we got a more of a messy plot, and the buildup to an ultimate showdown. I think that it's shown me how good the series can get.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I really loved what Square Enix did with the Mark of Mastery Edition Bundles. I never felt so excited for something extravagant in a long time lol. Also, Meow Wow was the first plush I bought from the Kingdom Hearts series and I love how high quality the materials are. It's slightly sparkly and stuffed with lots of cotton. I highly suggest anyone who's a fan of the series to buy it.

tumblr_maxrq22qZe1rqrzhmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8efulWSOV1rqrzhmo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Wayward Wind

Well it got me back into Kingdom Hearts. I was already a fan but was kind of falling off the bandwagon XD DDD got me back into it and made me get the games I haven't played yet 8D

axel95

Awards
Like WayToDusk said, absolute mind screw. I now look at Xehanort as one of the best villains in video game history. DDD also made me proud to be a KH fan. It just showed how great this series can get. It also forced me to buy a 3DS. Just like KH 1.5 and KH3 will force me to buy a a PS3/4. CURSE YOU KINGDOM HEARTS ADDICTION!!!!!!

Monkey D. Rocky

KH3D showed me that Nomura just keeps getting better. For awhile now fans have been eagerly waiting for what KH3 will be about, and this game explained this to us. KH3D showed us that the final showdown between light versus dark will be coming soon ,and I cannot wait. Not to mention that the game was overall tons of fun to play, and I still haven't beaten Julius! KH3D is my 3rd favorite game in the series and i'm pretty sure all the people at KHinsider don't need me to explain why.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It made me believe that KH3 will be made now!

Lol definitely. It's possible for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II to be standalone games the way their endings were structured but from the way Kingdom Hearts 3D left us off, it makes us look forward for the third main game.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Mind screw. That's how it impacted me. Thanks to that game, I tried to make sense of Xehanort's plot by writing it down in a notebook and going in chronological order from when he was a kid. I gave up when I reached the beginning of Xemnas' part in the plot and it already goes for five pages, front and back.

On the other hand, it has expanded my view of things in general. I now have the tendency to overthink things, which has been a lifesaver in school and other things.

generally this, except I just went on here and talked about it. It clicked within three hours, but they really should have spaced things out in e game.

hopefully the novels do that at some point. If there was any KH game that needed such new scenes as what we get in the novels, it's 3D. I heard rumor once of side: lea but I ain't got my hopes up.

but on the other hand, it definitely made me believe KH3 was getting made and it amplified what blank points did by making the direction of KH3 all the more clear. It hasn't expanded my view of the world(thank you internet)but it has taken the plot to a whole new level for me, maybe for the worse, but one I'm willing to ride it out with.

Last edited:

Mr Yippie

it made me think that KH is becoming more than just "that game with the cameos"

the writing was a real pleasant surprise

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
KH3D made me very worried for future KH games, like KH3. No real plot until the last world, and then a mess of (sometimes unexplained) nonsense with holes and contradictions everywhere? No thanks. And this is coming from a person who generally loves the KH series' twisted plots. I also am not happy that the KH trilogy is now BbS -> KH3D -> KH3, with I and II relegated to mostly irrelevant side games.

However, I loved some of the gameplay additions of KH3D and the game's difficulty, and can't wait to see how KH3 expands on them. KH3D was a very mixed bag for me, but I'm still excited to see how KH3 resolves all the plot threads 3D has established.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it kind of made me lose some faith in the series.

i don't know if i just stopped caring or 3d just had a different feel to it, but i didn't enjoy it like the rest of the games.

thisisaidan

It made me interested in the series again after a long time and really excited me to see where things were going, regardless of the total clusterfrak that was its story.

billyzanesucks

KH3D made me very worried for future KH games, like KH3. No real plot until the last world, and then a mess of (sometimes unexplained) nonsense with holes and contradictions everywhere? No thanks. And this is coming from a person who generally loves the KH series' twisted plots. I also am not happy that the KH trilogy is now BbS -> KH3D -> KH3, with I and II relegated to mostly irrelevant side games.
With the game's premise, it would be difficult to develop the plot over the course of the game as usual. KHIII will probably be much better in that area.

I wouldn't say that it's nonsense or contradictory. A few things are confusing or unexplained, though.

I and II are still quite important. Had Ansem's or Xemnas's plan succeeded, it may have meant the end of the world(s). Those events also explain how Sora got a keyblade and how they met MDG and Yen Sid. 3D doesn't advance the story very much, but rather gives it new meaning.

Mr Yippie

I also am not happy that the KH trilogy is now BbS -> KH3D -> KH3, with I and II relegated to mostly irrelevant side games.

6fyFitM.gif

I've been trying to decipher what this sentence means and how it was logically formed for a while now

I've got nothing

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
6fyFitM.gif

I've been trying to decipher what this sentence means and how it was logically formed for a while now

I've got nothing
The primary goals of the series have now become saving the tormented ones and stopping Xehanort from obtaining the X-Blade. Looking back at KH1-KH2 now, those games now look like mere stepping stones to the saga's main conflicts.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, actually. They certainly are hugely important, but bbs and DDD both packed some game changing punches, something that to even kh2 did really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back