• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Has KH3D Impacted You?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Yippie

The primary goals of the series have now become saving the tormented ones and stopping Xehanort from obtaining the X-Blade. Looking back at KH1-KH2 now, those games now look like mere stepping stones to the saga's main conflicts.

that does not diminish their substance or stance as "main entries" in the slightest, although you may feel like they have been in regards to the shifting story

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I thought that was already obvious, but we on the same page at least. If anything, the progression of the series is making Sora's journey to find his friends pale in comparison to the grand scheme of it all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought that was already obvious, but we on the same page at least. If anything, the progression of the series is making Sora's journey to find his friends pale in comparison to the grand scheme of it all.

I don't see any problem in this. KH 1 and 2 both were already about "Sora searching for his friends Riku and Kairi", you can only use the same premise for an adventure so often before it becomes boring and redundant. So having "save seven people who are badly suffering and then prevent a crazy old man from destroying the universe" is, while not entirely original (but what really is nowadays), at least different from what we already had two times.
The entire scope of the series is expanding and progressing to another level, as it already did even from KH 1 to 2, or to speak with Mickey's words:

"It's possible that all your journeys so far,have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.I should have known there were no coincidences— only links in a much larger chain of events."

Just because there's more to the entire issue than first meets the eye it doesn't equal KH 1 and 2 suddenly being invalidated. It was made a very clear point by Riku in DDD that the events of both KH 1 and 2 where elaborate plans by Xehanort who failed due to Sora's interference, something even Xehanort himself acknowledges.
That Xehanort had another backup plan in store if that happened was just Xehanort being Xehanort.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's a matter of perspective, probably. Not trying to bag on the plots of KH1, CoM, and KH2 (well I didn't like KH2's plot anyways, but I digress), but I would have preferred if the current conflicts of the series had been relevant from the start.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, that's really the only problem with the continuity of the series IMO, aside from sora being the keyblade master.

until DDD, the games have done little to reference each other, and while we had some awesome secret bosses most of the new twists could've been hinted at better, especially with things like young xehanort. Otherwise it sometimes feels copped out.

Zekkenzo

Website
www.tumblrkeyblademaster.tumblr.com
I think the game has changed me in a big way. Especially how I view the characters. For my view on Sora and Riku they are definitely in the 'gay best friend zone'and the 'Will you two just shut up and kiss and get it over with' zone. In my personal opinion. I love how Axel came back as Lea and just maybe he and Isa (or Siax) will have to fight each other in KHIII.

Sorakh212

Awards
It served as a nice breath of fresh air for me especially with how long the series is and how long it's spanned over time. The revelations were eye opening and jaw dropping and it really did serve as a great example of story telling especially with the context of the other games. It's still flawed and there are some things I didn't like about the game, but overall it's still really solid.

limit

It's gotten me to bash my head on walls at night trying to figure out this forsaken game. I've gotten such a conflicting mix of feelings that I cry myself to sleep at night - they did so much right and so much wrong at the same time. They literally gave Sora a five year old's personality (I don't mind him being childish, but this was overly done imo), but at the same time this game had so many freaking good scenes and it was essentially a literary masterpiece for this series.

This game is my all-time favorite game. They went all out with the music. The release of this got me back into the series (I kind of... fell off the bandwagon somehow). And it taught me how to see what a masterpiece is like. I even learned something - never lose faith in what you believe. That scene where Link to All plays - my lord....

This made Xehanort downright evil, and it was epic. The flowmotion was incredibly fun. The worlds actually felt relevant (I'm looking at you, KH2). How people hate this game just because the story is confusing and the gameplay could be considered questionable I will never understand.

LittlePuppy

How has it impacted me...? Hmmm.....
I really love kh and all the games but 3d wasnt as good as i hoped it too be. Some parts where awesome ^_^ the part where sora sees terra, aqua and ven made me cry. I REALLY WANT THEM BACK!!!". Dream Drop Distance didnt really impact ME but it impacted the storyline. Dont get me wrongthis doesnt mean i didnt like it :p I loved it but not as much as bbs. I liked it more than re:coded thats for sure Lol. It is in my opinion one of the best handheld kh games ^_^ my favourite one i BBS hehe i really just want terra,aqua and ven back :smile:

Antar

Awards
It really changed my view on it. Before playing DDD I didn't think it would be a good game because of the Dream Eaters, pet caring, and flowmotion. It also gave me confidence that I can actually stand a chance against the secret bosses of KH2.5 since I managed to beat all of the secret bosses in DDD including Julius.

Smithee

Awards
Loved the gameplay (minus the forced drops), hated the plot (*Cough*MXisaVillainSue*Cough*).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back