• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How in the world do you beat Ice Cream Beat?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Okay, I've collected the trophies for all BBS mini-games except for Ice Cream Beat (Command Board was a cakewalk compared to this). I've tried humming and nodding my head with the beat, watched youtube videos and tried over and over again. I have "It's a Small World" permanently burned in my head lol.

Anyway does anyone have any tips or techniques you use? I could sure use some.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
You have to get all the X marks with "Good" in order to get a "COOL" score. Get some "Excellent" marks and you'll eventually reach "FANTASTIC" ;P
I'm the master of Ice Cream Beat but only because in my first BBS run I practiced a lot. And I mean A LOT. Yes, it helps if you dance to the music to the left and to the right, much like the duck nephews, but my trick was pressing every button like actually hitting it ("BAM BAM BAM" xD) and also, during the Combo move, putting the PSP on my knee and pressing the hell outta the X button like that. Years passed and I replayed Aqua's story recently, and I got FANTASTIC scores right from the first try. You just gotta feel the songs and love them, my fav is "Blast Away!-Gummi Ship II-" because I can totally dance to the fast rhythm of this one xD
another tip: control yourself. By this I mean do not fall for the urge to press a button as quickly as possible, you'll catch the note anyway, risk a bit and wait till the circle is really close enough for an "Excellent" hit! This is what I practiced, self-control

like, this is one serious mini-game, y'know? I sounded way too serious

DoctahFaz

Awards
I think I had started hearing "Small World" in my sleep after all the attempts it took to beat the obligatory Ice Cream Beat in BBS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just turn the music off and follow the visual prompts if the audio + visual cues aren't working well.

On Blast Away, I turned the music down to where I could only barely hear it and did the song.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
You have to get all the X marks with "Good" in order to get a "COOL" score. Get some "Excellent" marks and you'll eventually reach "FANTASTIC" ;P
I'm the master of Ice Cream Beat but only because in my first BBS run I practiced a lot. And I mean A LOT. Yes, it helps if you dance to the music to the left and to the right, much like the duck nephews, but my trick was pressing every button like actually hitting it ("BAM BAM BAM" xD) and also, during the Combo move, putting the PSP on my knee and pressing the hell outta the X button like that. Years passed and I replayed Aqua's story recently, and I got FANTASTIC scores right from the first try. You just gotta feel the songs and love them, my fav is "Blast Away!-Gummi Ship II-" because I can totally dance to the fast rhythm of this one xD
another tip: control yourself. By this I mean do not fall for the urge to press a button as quickly as possible, you'll catch the note anyway, risk a bit and wait till the circle is really close enough for an "Excellent" hit! This is what I practiced, self-control

like, this is one serious mini-game, y'know? I sounded way too serious
Okay so beat the hell out of the x button. Practice a whole lot more than what I've done *sigh*. Controlling yourself is a good point. I was looking at some videos again and someone mentioned to hit the x when the ring turns red. I've been doing just before it does because I thought it was too late. I think that's what's screwing me up. I'd rather be serious than insane over this mini-game :p. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them when I get home.

I think I had started hearing "Small World" in my sleep after all the attempts it took to beat the obligatory Ice Cream Beat in BBS.
I know, it took me like 10 times to beat Ventus' introduction Ice Cream Beat song. These master modes are brutal.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Just turn the music off and follow the visual prompts if the audio + visual cues aren't working well.

On Blast Away, I turned the music down to where I could only barely hear it and did the song.
Thanks, I'll try this too. When I try following both the music and the rings my reaction time is a bit slowed down when I hit the x.

reimeille

I hate this one so much! I had to do it for the same reason, and also to get Frozen Fortune. For me it is just doing the song until I get it burned into my head, waiting on it for a few days, then trying again. When doing Dessert Paradise I played it about 10 times until I got too pissed, waited until 2 days later and then got Fantastic after 3 tries. And I suck at rhythm games, so that was pretty cool...

Someone suggested to turn the volume down, that worked with me for the other songs (not for Dessert Paradise though).

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I love rhythm games and I'm a natural at keeping tempo. These games were pretty easy for me to ace because of this, but not everybody treats downbeats and offbeats the same way.

The best thing to do is to get a feel for the beat. I'm sure you've heard that in spades, but take time to just learn the beat. Don't try to win for a couple rounds, just get accustomed to one at a time. Offbeats are exactly between beats, so if you tap your foot then they happen when your foot is lifted. (TAP lift TAP lift TAP) That's 3 beats and 2 offbeats. Songs that are particularly bad with this are Hand in Hand and Destiny Islands.

Badger

I love rhythm games too, but I HATE this game! I think part of the problem is that it's not always easy to see which nephew is hitting the beats and part of it is song choice and another part is controls (It would be so much easier if the buttons were just circle, triangle, square!)

Anyway, maybe this will sound like a weird tip, but play when you are fresh and ready. I tried once right when I woke up in the morning and my fingers and eyes were just not up to the task. I tried again later after I had eaten and I did so much better. Also, go in with the attitude that the first couple tries you are going to do terrible.

Find comfort with the fact that we all struggle through it.

Anagram

Banned
I hate this mini game too. I have never been a fan of any of the mini games in the games but this is the one I can say I truly hate. I can't beat the master tracks no matter how many times I try.

Awards
You can't. I am literally considering giving up my play through as Ventus because I can not beat ice cream beat.

I literally got up to 1,028 points (a GOOD) and the game still wouldn't let me proceed. I've already done both Olympus and Deep Space so I'm literally stuck on this stupid mini-game. I wish I could just do the racing game again. Frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back