• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How is BBS selling so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hey guys.

So I've been watching the pre-order sales of BBS for the last few months, particularly on Amazon and it seems it's been doing not too shabby. In fact, the most recent numbers show that it's the top seller for PSP software and it ranks nr. 48 on the best selling list of EVERYTHING regarding videogames (including consoles, accessories, just everything).

Considering many people might think about it as "just another side story" (WHICH ISN'T TRUE) and only ask the same questions again and again (WHERE IS KH3???), along with the fact that it's just about a month until it gets released, then I think this game is going to do quite well.

What do you guys think? Have any sales numbers from other sites? Anything?

Just to clarify. I'm referring to the English version of BBS here.

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i really do hope this game sells well when its released to the west

k99y77

Awards
it sold over 800,000 copies in japan so probably its going to hit 1 million copies when it gets released worldwide that's very good for a portable game :)

WaveK89

Considering I don't pre-order anything until at least 2 weeks prior to release, the number could rise quite a bit.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Pre-order wise it is doing amazing in the US...my Gamestop has a lot of preorders for a PSP game...and they said that it is best to preorder it because they don't think they are gonna have extra copies at first lol :p

Wheels

I'd definitely preorder this game, if you wanted to get it on release day. It'll most likely be big. Have you seen the hardware charts as well? The week Birth By Sleep was released, in Japan PSP sales boomed

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
It's sold a little over 800,000 to date from what I've heard (read).

I've read that too on Wikipedia

I think based on the numbers overall for all the different games (on wikipedia) I think it's going to do really well out here. The order for best of KH series seem to go as follows (these numbers are based on every different KH game title since KH2 so these numbers are most likely higher now)
1) North America: total of 5.6 million sales
2) Japan: total 3 million sales
3) Europe: total 2 million sales

based on these numbers alone it's probably going to do best in America, can't wait ! :)

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I for one come from Iceland, so I'm not really sure if it's going to show up at all here or not. Luckily, I'm going to London at the same time BBS releases there, so hopefully I can snatch a Special Edition there, though it seems to be a lot more in demand, compared to the standard BBS edition. Weird.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Raz said:
Finally, thanks to the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (EU) Facebook page, we now have the complete list of countries set to receive the special edition of the game: Germany/Austria/Switzerland, Nordic countries, Benelux, Spain, Italy, Australia/New Zealand, Russia and Cyprus. This will arrive on shelves on September 10th, 2010! We'll keep you posted if the special edition makes it beyond Europe.

List of places that will be getting the special edition.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
this site is not that reliable
bbs may have sold a lot more than that
all we can do is wait for SE's official numbers

they are a little more accurate with Japan numbers due to the fact that japan numbers are released weekly

That's not right. I clearly remember reading that BBS sold over a million units :\

it hasn't.

KH is popular in NA, Days managed to chart at number 11 in npd in its debut and in the top 10 the month after its release which is really good for a ds game, but the biggest thing working against it is its on the PSP which has had a horrible track record of selling software. Even MGS PW, which got great reviews and was expected to do well, sold only 52k when it had an entire month to sale.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KH usually sells more in NA than in Japan.

This game will do very well I think, but I belive the PSP is more popular in Japan rather then in the US and it will also depend on how fast a patch comes out to pirate the game. If we have enough luck as Japan did and it takes months to hack...then the game will do really well I think.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
they are a little more accurate with Japan numbers due to the fact that japan numbers are released weekly

it hasn't.

KH is popular in NA, Days managed to chart at number 11 in npd in its debut and in the top 10 the month after its release which is really good for a ds game, but the biggest thing working against it is its on the PSP which has had a horrible track record of selling software. Even MGS PW, which got great reviews and was expected to do well, sold only 52k when it had an entire month to sale.

Then what? Mass hallucination? I've asked around and I'm not the only person who remembered reading that.

Eh, whatever. KH sells better in NA anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back