• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How many of you are actually for Re:Coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are you excited for Re:Coded?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I'm ok with a Re:CODED game....but IMO, after seeing the episodes that were posted of it, it was really pointless, it just ended up being a game explaining Mickey's letter to Sora, really nothing more.
I thought CODED was supposed to tell Riku's story...since that one was one of the things Nomura said he wanted to do.
Roxas' story - DAYS
Xehanort's - BBS
Riku's - I thought was supposed to be CODED.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm ok with a Re:CODED game....but IMO, after seeing the episodes that were posted of it, it was really pointless, it just ended up being a game explaining Mickey's letter to Sora, really nothing more.
I thought CODED was supposed to tell Riku's story...since that one was one of the things Nomura said he wanted to do.
Roxas' story - DAYS
Xehanort's - BBS

Well, Days became more of Xion's story. BBS was perfect, and coded only followed in the Days example (saying it is about one character but following another).

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'm interested enough to watch the cutscenes on youtube when they come out. That's it. I read the plot here on KHI but there were some plot points I didn't completely understand. Not going to play it though. Don't have a DS and Days and this are not going to get me to buy one now.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
not excited simply because i can't play it. but i'll just check some videos and whatnot

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
im getting it but only because its a kingdom hearts game. i already know whats gonna happen but hopefully theyll add more.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm getting it :D Aaaah I can't wait, the last level is so aergkja;ergh;afd ♥ ROXAAAAAAAAAAAS *A* And he's back to being badass instead of pussy Days!Roxas :D :D

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Roxas' story - DAYS
Xehanort's - BBS

BBS didn't feel like "Xehanort's" game to me. Sure, Xehanort plays a big part in it... but so does everyone else. BBS was more like an "everyone" game like the other Kingdom Hearts. Riku's game would be Reverse Rebirth from COM.

For me, the game looks interesting.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BBS didn't feel like "Xehanort's" game to me. Sure, Xehanort plays a big part in it... but so does everyone else. BBS was more like an "everyone" game like the other Kingdom Hearts.

Nomura didn't say he was going to make a game about Xehanort, he said 'Xehanort's past' was a story that he had yet to tell. At the time Nomura said that, 'Xehanort' meant the apprentice of AtW, and BBS did indeed tell the story of the past of that Xehanort; now we know where he came from. Before, all we knew was that he had no memories and AtW found him.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net
-keep the graphics of the original (Don't use Days graphic engine!)

Kingdom_Hearts_Coded_Gameplay.jpg

kingdom-hearts-3582-days-20090528112018074_640w.jpg

...Ookay, someone flew over the cuckoo's nest.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I'll pick it up when it comes just to see what it feels to play it. I'm not very interested in the storyline. The only thing that got me to watch one of the cutscenes was the scene where they revealed what was in the King's letter.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah....But are you sure he means this?

What if he meant like some crap KH game that won't contribute to the story at all?

Well, some people aren't sure, but looking at this quote from the BBS Ultimania:

Nomura said:
Kingdom Hearts III can’t be started if the goals for Final Fantasy Versus XIII are not concluded, however development of the next title(s) in the series has already begun. There’s one I plan to release within the year. After that, there’s another one I’m thinking I want to release from next year onwards, and I think there will be more than one main character again.

When I read that, my first impression was that it would be a remake or a compilation or something that wouldn't require too much work or pr, because if it were going to be a brand new title, Square surely wouldn't plan to release it the year they first mention it. The people from marketing would know how to build up a bit of hype etc. It fits well if it's directed at the foreign market; that means of course it wouldn't have been hyped in Japan at all.

So, Re:Coded fits the bill, I think. Wouldn't take as much time to produce and doesn't need as much hype as a brand new title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back