• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much will time travel be featured?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

duchessa

I was just looking back through posts and thinking about time travel (and how it isn't exactly my favorite thing ever). Do you think it might peter out, stay the same as it was in 3D, or become an even larger issue? I'm feeling it will come and go when it's convenient for Xehanort's plans to move along, and I sure hope it doesn't surpass that. At least there are a lot of restrictions on it, but I do not want to see anyone else messing with it aside from mostly Xehanort and co. Maybe my question is a little redundant since there's not a ton that can be done with time travel, but I never can truly wrap my head around the concept. So if it's a silly question, please feel free to explain any events relating to time travel. Seriously, lol.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I just think time-travel will be limited to "summoning" the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. I don't think there's anything else (up until now) that needs to be explained through the use of time-traveling.

duchessa

I definitely hope it is only the means by which the thirteen are gathered. There's too much to cover without throwing in more about time travel, in my opinion. If our protagonists manage to use it to their advantage, it'll feel so gimmicky to me.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Young Master Xehanort himself stated that he was unable to alter events and that everything that was happening was because it was fated to happen - or as Master Xehanort said: "Destiny is never left to chance."

Goron Link

Time travel would most likely make the plot more complicated than it already is. I really hope they just leave it at creating the new Org. XIII.

Hobbe

I don't understand how time travel could be featured at all in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Dream Drop Distance specified the rule that one can only move through time in one direction. Seeker of Darkness went back, but couldn't move forward, which is why he waited on Destiny Islands.

Young Xehanort moved forward in time. He taught the other Xehanorts how to move forward as well. He arrives where his most present self is. By most present self, he means the recompleted being that spawned the original time traveler. This is all just review.

Suddenly, a previously unheard of time restraint comes into play just as Sora is saved. Why? Why did Organization XIII have so little time in the present? They were literally there for what, a few hours? And they go back in time? So how can they possibly return? Something doesn't add up and we all know it. Even Master Xehanort disappears in the same fashion.

I propose that they never went back in time at all. Once they go back, they have to resume their lives without remembering anything. They can't return unless something like Seeker of Darkness comes back for them. Will that happen? How could it happen? Where the heck did Xehanort go? Surely he wouldn't fall under This mysterious time constraint, if he truly is the recompleted Xehanort.

I sense a trap.

duchessa

Suddenly, a previously unheard of time restraint comes into play just as Sora is saved. Why? Why did Organization XIII have so little time in the present? They were literally there for what, a few hours? And they go back in time? So how can they possibly return? Something doesn't add up and we all know it. Even Master Xehanort disappears in the same fashion.

I propose that they never went back in time at all. Once they go back, they have to resume their lives without remembering anything. They can't return unless something like Seeker of Darkness comes back for them. Will that happen? How could it happen? Where the heck did Xehanort go? Surely he wouldn't fall under This mysterious time constraint, if he truly is the recompleted Xehanort.

I sense a trap.

Very true, the "out of time" aspect came into play suddenly, unless it was mentioned earlier, in which case I don't recall. In retrospect, the concept of time running out seems out of place or at least kind of off, in my opinion.
We got a good amount of info about time travel from Xehanort or some version of him, who obviously has reason to make us believe what he wants us to believe. I would not be surprised if there was some twist like that.

JonJon

I sense a trap.

This actually really makes sense. I never thought about it like that. Why would MX disappear in the same fashion as the others, along with Isa and Braig? They should exist just fine in that time.

There is a way it could be justified, though. It might have been part of their plan that, if the "time travelling" Xehanorts started to disappear into their own time, then MX, Isa, and Braig would also leave since there's no longer a reason for them to be there. In this case, Nomura would have just decided to keep the graphical effect of them all disappearing consistent, in order to not make it obvious that there's an underlying difference between them. Also, you might be underestimating how long all the other incarnations of Xehanort have been there. Young Xehanort had been in that time since (around) the beginning of DDD. Wouldn't logic dictate that the rest of the members of the Organization are in that time as well? We don't know how long the exam actually took, especially when factoring in how time flows differently in the Realm of Sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back