• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Namine and Roxas got a legit heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Allen R Kazenishi

I Mean, we all know and its alredy told us: Namine & Roxas are a ''special'' type of nobody.

but i still don't get how these two simply created a heart.

i searched in the secret reports in the games, and still, no info about this.

so, maybe if Nomura alredy answered this, please someone show me the link.

cuz i really dunno how they both created they own heart and what made this possible.

if someone can please help me. i will be thankfull

alolansentret

Awards
I think it was mentioned in KH3, but Xemnas says at one point that when nobodies are separated from their hearts, the people nobodies, being the strongest kind of nobodies, start to rebuild new hearts for themselves. That would explain Roxas being able to be put inside a replica (and also how Xemnas came back too) and I guess would also explain Namine? Unfortunately I don't remember when Xemnas said this, I think it was near the end of 3 or some time in re:mind, I'll have to look.

Also with Roxas and Namine, Ienzo mentions in KH3 secret report 9 that he retrieved data of both their data version's memories to reconstruct their hearts as well:

" Within Sora's heart are three compartmentalized "boxes," each containing the heart of another. One box holds Roxas. Another holds a second heart that has been with Sora nearly as long. The third has held its heart for much longer. These hearts have melded with Sora's and no longer have voices of their own. Any attempt to mechanically extract them could prove as dire for Sora as what caused him to become a Heartless in the first place.

First, a vessel for each heart must be readied. Then, a spark of some sort is required to induce its waking. Obviously, the ideal solution is to restore each heart to its own body, but (whatever the case for the two unknown individuals) Roxas possesses no such thing. The same is true for Naminé, who we believe resides in Kairi's heart. Still, if alternate bodies can be secured for them, all their hearts require to be awakened is that "spark"—people they cared for and who cared for them, who can show them the way home.

Complete and perfect digitalization of the heart is impossible. We can only hope to partially reconstruct it. Thus, I see no way forward but to extract the hearts we so desperately need directly from within Sora. Fortunately, the data stored in Twilight Town contains a near-perfect record of the memories of those who lived there—and for Roxas and Naminé especially, this is crucial. "

Foxycian

Awards
I think it was mentioned in KH3, but Xemnas says at one point that when nobodies are separated from their hearts, the people nobodies, being the strongest kind of nobodies, start to rebuild new hearts for themselves. That would explain Roxas being able to be put inside a replica (and also how Xemnas came back too) and I guess would also explain Namine? Unfortunately I don't remember when Xemnas said this, I think it was near the end of 3 or some time in re:mind, I'll have to look.
It was in dream drop distance when you face Sora’s final boss.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was answered in Dream Drop Distance. Nobody can exist without a heart. The body will seek to replace that which it has lost (or never had), so a heart will grow in the absence of one.

Xemnas said:
A heart is never lost for good. There may have been variances in our dispositions, but a number of us unquestionably showed signs of a burgeoning replacement. Once born, the heart can also be nurtured. Our experiments creating Heartless were attempts to control the mind, and convince it to renounce its sense of self. But understand, one can banish the heart from the body, but the body will try to replace it the first chance it gets, for as many times as it takes. And so I knew, even after we were divided into Heartless and Nobodies, it was just a temporary separation.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In the case of Namine, one can argue that she's always had a heart since Day 1.
I feel like throughout CoM, you can tell her heart is growing as she begins to feel guilty about what she's doing to Sora.

With Roxas, I think his heart started to grow when he began to make friends.

Foxycian

Awards
Namine is really a big mystery herself, they need to explain how she was created properly cause with Roxas it was explained and was easy to understand but with her it is a bit confusing

this video explains the issues that need fixing and explaining

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
(Walls of Text)
All of the above and more. It kind of explains why Roxas can still dual wield, but that’s beside the point.

Roxas is a special Nobody, yes, and Naminé even more so.

First, for Roxas, while he is a special Nobody, he still for all intents and purposes falls in line with their rules of existing. His exceptions are he didn’t inherit Sora’s memories, and he had a train wreck of a heart (Ven’s) that stuck along his body which influenced his appearance. Regardless of that, he still didn’t have one of his own, until his own experiences in both 358 and the week in data TT started cultivating for one and lay the foundations there.

Second, Naminé, that’s a whole other ballpark and waaay too complicated right now to explain.

It sorta makes you think, what does constitute a heart and how does one nurture it; if they really wanted Sora back, they could’ve just as much extracted his data and placed it in a new replica, but it wouldn’t be enough. Not to mention crass and tacky to just replace the guy with a clone while the real one is still alive.

astertide

Awards
Namine is really a big mystery herself, they need to explain how she was created properly cause with Roxas it was explained and was easy to understand but with her it is a bit confusing

this video explains the issues that need fixing and explaining

Sorry, but Hezuneutral was wrong about the missing Xehanort. It doesn't matter how the heart is separated from the body, it doesn't create a Nobody or a Heartless unless it falls to darkness. But since Xehanort's heart went straight to Terra, it doesn't create a Nobody.

Foxycian

Awards
Sorry, but Hezuneutral was wrong about the missing Xehanort. It doesn't matter how the heart is separated from the body, it doesn't create a Nobody or a Heartless unless it falls to darkness. But since Xehanort's heart went straight to Terra, it doesn't create a Nobody.
I know that I don’t agree 100% with her but she made many valid points and just like she said they need to explain how Namine was created cause it’s confusing, Roxas was created from Sora’s body so who’s body did Namine come from? Kairi couldn’t leave a body behind cause she is pure light same goes for Ventus so who’s body was it? They need to explain that one way or another, I do remember Nomura saying she is like a ghost of Kairi but still is that really a good explanation? Still confusing.

astertide

Awards
I know that I don’t agree 100% with her but she made many valid points and just like she said they need to explain how Namine was created cause it’s confusing, Roxas was created from Sora’s body so who’s body did Namine come from? Kairi couldn’t leave a body behind cause she is pure light same goes for Ventus so who’s body was it? They need to explain that one way or another, I do remember Nomura saying she is like a ghost of Kairi but still is that really a good explanation? Still confusing.

Naminé's sort-of ghost-like. She's not really made from ANY body, but she did use Sora's body temporarily to enable her to exist. Probably also the fact that she's the Nobody of a Princess of Heart allowed her to retain a form, as Kairi gave Sora back a form even though it's not exactly his original one.

So, her own, I guess.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Ansem the Wise in DDD also explains further how a Heart can be born.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Anything having or growing a heart was such a huge part of DDD, I don't mean to be snide but I am totally confused how that was missed.

As for Naminé needing to be explained: you guys are setting yourselves up for ruin. Naminé is a cool little anomaly from a set of impossible circumstances and you want Nomura of all people to go back and create new lore explaining why she exists? Talk about Pandora's Box.

Not everything needs an explanation.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think Naminè is that hard to understand, the Ansem Reports just fudges it up by adding "using Sora's body and soul" when it could have been much clearer.

Once you realize she's not even a Nobody and was simply called that because Ansem had nothing else to define her as...she's just literally a ghost of Kairi turned solid. Really, that's it. A Kairi ghost turned solid. Nomura purposefully designed her to be pale for a reason. I bet you anything her existence was a lot more unstable than Roxas'.

EDIT: Also, if you believe in spirits, they have shown to physically manifest if strong enough, as well as move things, so Naminè has a theme going on and it's not too farfetched. To Roxas and Sora, she plays the role of a spectre in CoM, Days, and KHII, no? To Sora, she's this mysterious, shadow girl, to Roxas, he connects with this pale girl in a white dress telepathically when unconscious. Twice (one in Days, and another in II). The guy woke up once and she was standing right there in his room all creep-like and then disappeared when he looked, lol. Talk about seeing things in a corner.

Honestly, she had potential as a villain imo.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, forget the Naminé thought experiment for a while; it’s just far too complicated right now, just like the Macguffin known as Kingdom Hearts. Just remember she’s human now, or rather, living doll.

Point being, like other Nobodies, they accumulated experiences and connections that cultivated new hearts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We've seen Kairi in CoM-KH2 as "ghostly", so I assume that she doesn't really have a body, it's more a vessel of light since she's the nobody of a Princess of Heart. I think Namine is essentially the "heartless" of a Princess of Heart. Since their hearts contain no darkness, the result was a physical manifestation of the lost "pure heart" IE Namine. I think the explanation can simply be that she's the result of a Princess of Heart losing their heart. It's a very special and unique situation that will probably never happen again.

It's also something that won't even be discussed again now that Namine has an actual body.

Back