• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How old does Xehanort & Eraqus look in the trailer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
YMX looked about 16-17 in KH DDD? But what about this game in the beginning? He looks more 13-14. Pretty deep voice for a 13-14 year old (then again when I was that age I had a deep voice, so...nvm)

Or are the graphics fooling me big time, and he's meant to be the same age as he is in DDD?

rabanks15

YMX looked about 16-17 in KH DDD? But what about this game in the beginning? He looks more 13-14. Pretty deep voice for a 13-14 year old (then again when I was that age I had a deep voice, so...nvm)

Or are the graphics fooling me big time, and he's meant to be the same age as he is in DDD?

Well they got the same VA back for young Xehanort and he definitely looks and sounds younger than he did in DDD. I think they were just trying to tie things together by keeping the same VA.

This is just a theory of mine but what if the scene we saw was not a flash back, but was a mental battle between Eraqus and Xehanort inside of Terra's heart. At the end of Birth By Sleep we saw Terrra admit to Master Xehanort that he had opened his heart to Eraqus in an attempt to save him. So the chess game is happening with both masters envisioning the other as their younger selves back when they were true friends. This would also help support the theory that the chess game theory that each piece represents one of the big players, the 7 light and 13 darkness's. Just a thought.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Part of me is still unsure if that is really YX and Eraqus. I mean, I'm sure it is, but like... YX has a very different hairstyle, and Eraqus' eyes are a different color.

That being said, since it is most likely them and I'm just weirded out by their new looks, I'm willing to bet they are much younger, but I'm confused since I thought YX left the Islands before he met Eraqus and their Master? If BbS and DDD were anything to go by, that is.

This is just a theory of mine but what if the scene we saw was not a flash back, but was a mental battle between Eraqus and Xehanort inside of Terra's heart. At the end of Birth By Sleep we saw Terrra admit to Master Xehanort that he had opened his heart to Eraqus in an attempt to save him. So the chess game is happening with both masters envisioning the other as their younger selves back when they were true friends. This would also help support the theory that the chess game theory that each piece represents one of the big players, the 7 light and 13 darkness's. Just a thought.

I actually really like this idea.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

This is good. This is very good. It sounds plausible to me.

Part of me is still unsure if that is really YX and Eraqus. I mean, I'm sure it is, but like... YX has a very different hairstyle, and Eraqus' eyes are a different color.

That being said, since it is most likely them and I'm just weirded out by their new looks, I'm willing to bet they are much younger, but I'm confused since I thought YX left the Islands before he met Eraqus and their Master? If BbS and DDD were anything to go by, that is.

I'm sure it's at least Eraqus since he basically has the same outfit and hairstyle.

Good point about YX though. At the beginning of BBS when he's about to leave the island he looks like he does in DDD and not in this trailer.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

That being said, since it is most likely them and I'm just weirded out by their new looks, I'm willing to bet they are much younger, but I'm confused since I thought YX left the Islands before he met Eraqus and their Master? If BbS and DDD were anything to go by, that is..
Eraqus looking so young doesn't really bother me because he always looked younger than Xehanort and we've only ever truly seen him in BBS.

But YMX... yep, that's bugging the hell out of me. It's obviously just due to the new engine and animation that he looks so young, which I think they really need to do something about. He looks so much younger than he's supposed to, he should look the same age as he does in BBS/DDD.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ben confirmed that the Xehanort was supposed to be younger than in 3D which basically means that straight out the gate Nomura isn't paying attention to his own continuity.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ben confirmed that the Xehanort was supposed to be younger than in 3D which basically means that straight out the gate Nomura isn't paying attention to his own continuity.
I need to believe Ben is wrong in order to not punch everyone working on KH3.

I love you Ben, this is not your fault.

Mavxo

Awards
I would say he looks/sounds 15 in the trailer and 18 in BBS. Now I could be wrong, it's been a while since I played them. But in DDD and BBS he already was a wielder/possibly a master-meaning he must have already been in training when Ansem recruited him. That scene on Destiny Island (the whole "this world is too small"thing) could be after this chess scene.

Or there's another Nourma loophole.

Lonbilly

Awards
I suppose, if rabanks theory is the actual case, it could make sense for YX to look like... that, but in actual canon? Unless maybe Xehanort had a bad hair day? (Possible DLC where we have to help YX get his hair groove back?)

I've always known Eraqus was much younger than Xehanort, so his appearance doesn't bother me in the slightest. My biggest gripe is just Xehanort himself.

I would say he looks/sounds 15 in the trailer and 18 in BBS. Now I could be wrong, it's been a while since I played them. But in DDD and BBS he already was a wielder/possibly a master-meaning he must have already been in training when Ansem recruited him. That scene on Destiny Island (the whole "this world is too small"thing) could be after this chess scene.

Or there's another Nourma loophole.

If I remember correctly, YX says in DDD that the day he met Ansem SoD was the day his journey started. But maybe I'm misremembering it.

Mavxo

Awards
I suppose, if rabanks theory is the actual case, it could make sense for YX to look like... that, but in actual canon? Unless maybe Xehanort had a bad hair day? (Possible DLC where we have to help YX get his hair groove back?)

I've always known Eraqus was much younger than Xehanort, so his appearance doesn't bother me in the slightest. My biggest gripe is just Xehanort himself.

If I remember correctly, YX says in DDD that the day he met Ansem SoD was the day his journey started. But maybe I'm misremembering it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt8GQp-dNvc 4:09 appox. He's clearly older during that scene then the trailer. He must have already trained with Eraqus before AnsemSOD came to him. Which makes sense- no point in having him be useless

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well they got the same VA back for young Xehanort and he definitely looks and sounds younger than he did in DDD. I think they were just trying to tie things together by keeping the same VA.

I like the possibility of it being a mental battle, however they haven't met until after Xehanort left Destiny Islands, so if they were seeing each other as "back when they were true friends" it'd be showing Young Xehenort as from BBS/DDD.

Keeping with the mental battle theory, I just thought of some thoughts.
1. Eraqus and Xehanort will age as the mental chess battle continues. (Or, they actually start old and de-age as it continues but my moneys in the former.)
2. Xehanort is using this valuable time to trick Eraqus into spilling information. (This can even work if it's actually the past.)
3. This isn't technically Xehanort, but a seed and the youngness is a representation of it actually being a budding seed or a seed being suppressed by Eraqus. (And Eraqus' youngness is because...it represents him using all his might to suppress Xehanort?)
4. Same as 3 except it is Xehanort himself being suppressed by Eraqus.

rabanks15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt8GQp-dNvc 4:09 appox. He's clearly older during that scene then the trailer. He must have already trained with Eraqus before AnsemSOD came to him. Which makes sense- no point in having him be useless

I agree, though we have never seen an official timeline for Young Xehanort. But by the time that he was approached by Ansem Seeker of Darkness and convinced to leave his body and time travel he was already a keyblade wielder as he was able to use one in the final battle of DDD. Therefore he had to have had some training in using the keyblade (judging by the amount of times he killed me as the damn super boss in BBS). So here is a purposed timeline:

Young Xehanort is born on Destiny Island ---------> found and trained with Eraqus and Yen Sid by an unnamed Master -----> Xehanort becomes a Master and leaves the Land of Departure in the hands of Eraqus ------> Xehanort travels across the worlds (maybe stopping in Atlantica and causing a young Triton to fear the keyblade) ------> Xehanort comes across his old home where he is then approached by Ansem Seeker of Darkness --------> time travels and collects all versions of himself ------> Battles Riku -------> eventually returns to his own time and, as he said in DDD, forgets his Time Travel experiences -----> progresses through life and story is brought back up in BBS

Again just a thought

Lonbilly

Awards

I don't really see how that contradicts what I've said. I agree that KH3 trailer Xehanort is younger. But I'm saying it make no sense, since it literally contradicts the game right before it (unless it is a mind scene and not an actual flashback).

Mavxo

Awards
I don't really see how that contradicts what I've said. I agree that KH3 trailer Xehanort is younger. But I'm saying it make no sense, since it literally contradicts the game right before it (unless it is a mind scene and not an actual flashback).
I didn't say it did- I was simply linking to the scene in question.
Nomura in Degenki Interview said:
Yes, it will. After their conversation, the story of this title starts. We only showed an excerpt of their conversation in this video, and the scene is actually longer. As you can tell by their outward appearance, it's a scene set rather a long time ago, and that connects to the plot of KH Unchained Key.
I'm pretty sure this confirms this isn't a mind game. Xehanort must have trained with his keyblade before leaving for DDD.
But I found a very contradicting quote
Young Xehanort in DDD said:
We are all here, and what the future holds in store is beyond my sight. I will return to my own time, and grow into the man who becomes all these others. While I know this future now that I have lived it, returning to my own time will erase the memories and experiences I have gained here. Still, my appointed path is now etched in my heart, which will first lead me to seek the outside world.
Unless him and Eraqus trained at Destiny Island- YX would have already seen/experienced outside worlds unless he's referring to the realm of Darkness

Lonbilly

Awards
I didn't say it did- I was simply linking to the scene in question.

I'm pretty sure this confirms this isn't a mind game. Xehanort must have trained with his keyblade before leaving for DDD.

I saw that. It crushed my dreams, just a tad </3

But I found a very contradicting quote
Unless him and Eraqus trained at Destiny Island- YX would have already seen/experienced outside worlds unless he's referring to the realm of Darkness

This is what confuses me. DDD shows the "beginning," but now KH3's opening scene seems to take place before the actual beginning. Especially since YX from DDD isn't supposed to have gained his Keyblade yet, from what Re:coded HD taught us.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I can't look at the trailer right now but now I'm a little confused

Okay well apparently YMX left the islands, and then met Eraqus.
If that's true...he looks 14 in the trailer and he's already with Eraqus, yet he looks 16 when he left DI in DDD and BBS. I'm very confused now. And he didn't have the Xehanort hair style either. It was Riku's hair style.

That theory sounds possible of what the poster said to me in the second response.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Did we ever find out the specific age that Xehanort left Destiny Islands? I mean, what we saw of him on the Islands as Young Xehanort could have just him (as an older teen) revisiting the island or even him remembering himself being there, but just in an older body? All that we really have to go by on the specific age of when he left Destiny Islands is his appearance really, and that could be chalked up to anything. I like to think that the chess scene is in the Land of Departure after Xehanort left Destiny Islands for quite some time.

Mavxo

Awards
Does anyone know where Eraqus was actually from? Could he have been from Destiny Islands as well and have been childhood friends with Xehanort? I hate how this series can't stick to the story, so frustrating.
-starts watching recoded-
so much work for such little infomation

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I can't look at the trailer right now but now I'm a little confused

Okay well apparently YMX left the islands, and then met Eraqus.
If that's true...he looks 14 in the trailer and he's already with Eraqus, yet he looks 16 when he left DI in DDD and BBS. I'm very confused now. And he didn't have the Xehanort hair style either. It was Riku's hair style.

That theory sounds possible of what the poster said to me in the second response.

He could have been twelve or thirteen at the time. I remember Sora looking younger than his actual age in Kingdom Hearts as oppose to Kingdom Hearts 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back