• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How to cope?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fame

I may sound like I'm being selfish as everyone loses someone to something at somepoint. The fact of the matter is, 2 and a half years ago I lost my Mom to cancer which was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with; I'll never be over it but the pain has subsided to what it used to be. 5 months after this I lost my grandad to the same problem and this just tore the family apart but yet again the pain has subsided a little. Now just yesterday I lost one of my friends to Leukaemia and I'm just finding it so hard to cope. I may sound like I'm just moaning or something as everyone has these problems but sometimes you just need to vent it out as its unhealthy if you keep it all locked away. I just need to find a way to let it out without getting upset everytime. Thanks for reading.

padlock

Awards
*hug*
I can't say I know how you feel, That hasnt happened to me, but i fpund when my father disappeard the best thing for me was to just be around people, positive people mind,... and lots of hugs :)

and don't worry, you don't sound selfish :)

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
It's okay to feel sad about it, for sadness is a natural emotion, but if you let it take over your daily activities then you could be depressed. Just learn to accept death, but you can still feel sad about those you have lost. Just remember, they are in a much better place. Their suffering has ended and you don't have to worry about their pain any longer. That's the best advice I can give you. I hope you learn to accept it and continue living happily.

Fame

Thanks guys it's just I don't let it take over my daily routine but sometimes I can't help it and it does take over. :/

Allister Rose

French Lover
you should try art, or something creative....well that's what i did in this certain situation.

anyways, you could take therapy, it's not always for crazy people

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`m sorry to hear about your losses. I could never imagine how hard it could be. I lost my Grandma to cancer before I was even born, so I wouldn`t truly know how it feels. I think the best thing to do when your sad is just to cry and let it all out. That makes me feel better. That doesn`t take away all of it though. Continuing on with your life will probaly help the most. Having fun times and a good laugh always helps. : )

Esso

Fire Breaker
I understand how ya feel buddy :( I lost my great grandfather 5 years ago
And it's good to feel sad about it cuz that means you really care
I only met my great grandad once when I was 4 years old but it still feels depressing for me but I believe I'll be able to see him again soon =D

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Aww, you don't sound selfish, you're just having a hard time. :[

Try doing signing up for a sport perhaps.

If you keep yourself busy with friends, activities, and other things you enjoy doing, you'll find that you'll have a harder time concentrating on the painfull memories.

Also, here's a picture of a teddy bear:

148n611.jpg

I hope you feel better. <3

Fortissimo

It's always ok to feel sad. Everyone has different lives and different ways they feel about things and I'm pretty sure if anyone else were in your situation, they would be just as upset. I'm glad you're seeking for a way to cope, not enough people do. First, if you need to cry, like ball your eyes out, just do it, we all need to sometimes. Try spending time with friends and family, and do things that are active. Like, go on a road trip, camping, or a vacation. Just something to get your mind off of things. If you need to, vent to a friend or family member, that's one reason for why they are there. Maybe try some counseling. I feel for you man, and I hope your future looks brighter. I hope this helps you out.

Fame

Thanks everyone, I summed up from the answers you gave me that I should try taking up something which can take my mind of it all, yet still find a way to let all the sadness/anger out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back