• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to thank Nomura?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34215
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I completely agree with this logic...but there's one thing that's always bothered me. KH sells better in the west than Japan. So...that would mean more sales! They say "re-releases don't do well in the west" but I would have picked up KH2: FM+ full price without a second thought. I think it's more of a matter of being stingy pigs...>_>

You would, but that doesn't mean everyone else would've also gone and paid for the same game twice. They can't take into account every individual who may or may not buy their games. As a whole, those of us in the west aren't particularly well known for buying multiple copies of the same game. It's business, not a matter of being stingy.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Go up to his door, and give him a great big hug.

agreed. theres too much fighting in the world and not enough hugging. we should all hug random people.

as for special editions not selling well, they have a point. not many americans rebuy anything. i can think of a few people who have older dvds for movies that have already gotten upgraded masters for rereleases that are oop. most people who buy kh games will not rebuy them.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You would, but that doesn't mean everyone else would've also gone and paid for the same game twice. They can't take into account every individual who may or may not buy their games. As a whole, those of us in the west aren't particularly well known for buying multiple copies of the same game. It's business, not a matter of being stingy.

yes. i agree.........................

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

That much is blatant common sense, thus why I aroused the arguement. I should have delved a bit deeper into my view before saying that and making myself look like an idiot. :tongue:

Have you ever heard of Atlus? They're a niche' branch of video game developers. You may know them for their work in the Persona/Devil Summoner games. They, depsite being not very popular, deploy a wise marketing strategy. Atlus plays it smart, they release their products with a logical sales measure. They know their games (especially re-releases) will not do exceptionally well in the west. Therefore release the game in LIMITED QUANTITIES, so that each title is guaranteed to sale well within the core fanbase. Seriously, they gave us Persona 3: FES, the definitive and enhanced version of "Persona 3". Many thought would never see the light of day outside of Japan. The fans rallied and begged Atlus for a localization. Guess what? They responded to their fans and granted their wishes. "FES" could have easily been "Final Mix" for Square. The game still had high sales, regardless of its scarcity. Is there any real reason Square cannot follow suit?

That's my point. Square can (they are a far more lucrative/prominent industry as opposed to Atlus) but they won't Thus why I stand by my statement of them being "stingy" or better yet, lazy to do another localization. There isn't much excuse other than those.

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
You can send him a message on Twitter, though, you'd have to ask someone to translate it into Japanese for you first, as he doesn't read English.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Then again, people keep re-buying the Star Wars collection. And of course the fact that Halo ODST managed to sell a bunch despite the fact that it only Halo 3 Final Mix basically... But then again, Kingdom Hearts isn't Star Wars or Halo so I don't know how Kingdom Hearts would do if they released it here.

αsiя

space coke
Wat you guys talkin about? Me and Nomura-san are always chatting it up on Twitter.

D

Deleted member 34215

I don't think one can contact him directly. Like others suggested, you could leave a note on the KH Twitter. ^_^ He may read that.

Ok, I will.
I'll ask a friend to translate my message and then I'll post it.
Thanks everyone ^^

As for the FM.. I don't really care. They'll always make them. I'm actually thinking about buying it, like I did for KH2FM+.

Box_ghost

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.
I finished BbS today on Proud and I can't even begin to explain how much I liked it.

Is there a way to send thanks to Nomura? E-mail? Twitter? Does he know how to read english? If I write something to him, what are the chances he will read it?

I just want to say "thanks" to this man.

This would imply that there was something he's done that was worth thanks. So in a sense, I could thank him for 2002-2006. That's about it. Sure he deserves an award, but it's not a medal he deserves; it's a brick to the face. Or maybe a cinderblock.

Everything [original] after 2006 is stupid and for it, he deserved a brick to the face. But this is just my thought process and I can garenteee that there's people here who agree with me.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
but it's not a medal he deserves; it's a brick to the face. Or maybe a cinderblock.

Everything [original] after 2006 is stupid and for it, he deserved a brick to the face. But this is just my thought process and I can garenteee that there's people here who agree with me.

Are you implying that BBS was terrible?! :mad:

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
You do realize that Nomura NEVER said they weren't going to make BBSFM, right? He only said "I'm not planning on it... but who knows. After all, the English voices would be good for it." There's a BIG difference between "Not planning on it" and "not going to happen" :/

Yeah Nomura did say that If he says "We're not planing on it Fans will think of it as a 'No' ", so he didnt really say much about BBS FM.
So he didnt lie to any of us.

Box_ghost

Are you implying that BBS was terrible?! :mad:

I'm implying that for someone who's claiming that the maain character is Sora, there are a lot of other people who aren't Sora that we play as.

Also, I'm saying it wasn't absolutely necessary. However, the concept is decent.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm implying that for someone who's claiming that the maain character is Sora, there are a lot of other people who aren't Sora that we play as.

Also, I'm saying it wasn't absolutely necessary. However, the concept is decent.

That didn't sound anything like your original comment. Your comment basically said "Everything after KH2 sucked and he must get stoned for it!" >_>

Box_ghost

That didn't sound anything like your original comment. Your comment basically said "Everything after KH2 sucked and he must get stoned for it!" >_>

Stupid = unecessary. It's all the same to me. Pointless, stupid, worthless, trash.
It could be a good game and I'd call it trash. Simply for the fact that it's utterly pointless.

Oh yeah, and bash his face in and all that good shit.

CreativeGenius13

^Ummm...Would you rather 4 side games or one very vague and quick explination that will be extremly poor and probably incorrect in KH3? I'd take the side games.

O Lawd

Stupid = unecessary. It's all the same to me. Pointless, stupid, worthless, trash.
It could be a good game and I'd call it trash. Simply for the fact that it's utterly pointless.

Oh yeah, and bash his face in and all that good shit.

Really not sure where you came up with that, bbs explained so much of the original series, and set up a lot of kh3, just because its a prequel, doesnt mean it isnt any less important to the plot than say, chain of memories.

D

Deleted member 34215

So... should I reply to one of his twetts or send a private message?
This is the twitter page, right? Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back