• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to thank Nomura?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34215
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Buy his games, that should contribute to thanking him

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
as said before, just buy the games- that in and of itself should be enough to satisfiy him
more over-
lets all try to APPERCIATE the work that nomura and the kh staff put into it! even if you didnt like that on scene or thought
that character was pointless (coughhouracecough), just be thankful that the game came out in your language!

dont be a troll and diss his creation- if you dont like it , certian somebody, dont play it, dont buy it,just go on with your life...

><

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
dont be a troll and diss his creation- if you dont like it , certian somebody, dont play it, dont buy it,just go on with your life...
Being critical of Kingdom Hearts games isn't being a troll. We buy Kingdom Hearts games in the hopes that they're good, or based on what other people say, yet find entries like KH2 and Days disappointing because they're just not good. You saying us having an opinion makes us trolls?
Also, in before someone says 'well then why are you on KHI if you don't like KH'. KHI is so much more (and better than) just the KH sections.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.
I finished BbS today on Proud and I can't even begin to explain how much I liked it.

Is there a way to send thanks to Nomura? E-mail? Twitter? Does he know how to read english? If I write something to him, what are the chances he will read it?

I just want to say "thanks" to this man.

Maybe on Twitter, but really your purchase is thanks enough.

Box_ghost

You said BBS is utterly pointless?!

Objection!

Objection!

^Ummm...Would you rather 4 side games or one very vague and quick explination that will be extremly poor and probably incorrect in KH3? I'd take the side games.

I'd take a novel that accurately sums things up.

Really not sure where you came up with that, bbs explained so much of the original series, and set up a lot of kh3, just because its a prequel, doesnt mean it isnt any less important to the plot than say, chain of memories.

Never said that CoM isn't important, despite it being my favorite of the series.
BBS explains so much and causes more questions than it answers.

So continually noising your shitty opinions at me doesn't make then any less shitty.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Objection!

I'd take a novel that accurately sums things up.

Never said that CoM isn't important, despite it being my favorite of the series.
BBS explains so much and causes more questions than it answers.

So continually noising your shitty opinions at me doesn't make then any less shitty.
Just because he says its important doesn't mean it is.
I'm sorry what? If the creator of the series that you're playing says something is important THAN IT BLOODY DAMN WELL IS.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you want to send him a message on twitter, I can try and translate it into Japanese for you first :3 If you like~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
∞;5288658 said:
Go cry some more. At least you got the game you liked.

Than you. Just THANK YOU. I'm sick of people saying they love a game than complaining that the PEOPLE THAT MADE IT get a version in THEIR country for the fanbase that is MUCH, MUCH bigger in that country so i have no problem with the FMs.

Box_ghost

I'm sorry what? If the creator of the series that you're playing says something is important THAN IT BLOODY DAMN WELL IS.

Or he's a big fangirl and she doesn't know when to stop.
He said LS wasn't important. It damn well is important to BBS's epilogue.
Nomura lies, retcons, and makes shit up as she goes along.
~
I have a question for you. Do you know what the f-ck I'm talking about?
Because I honestly think you don't.

That quote is for you.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Stupid = unecessary. It's all the same to me. Pointless, stupid, worthless, trash.
It could be a good game and I'd call it trash. Simply for the fact that it's utterly pointless.

Wtf 'point' did you want it to have?

Srsly, you're paying money for entertainment, that's all it is. Calling the game 'pointless' is stupid. It had a point: to entertain you. If you weren't entertained? Then you wasted your money, that's all.

nomura has screwed his western fans YET AGAIN, with the announcement of kh:bbs FM, after assurances that it wasnt going to happen, because the japanese fanbase 'complained'

—Are you going to release the international version in Japan as you have with KH and KHII?
NOMURA: Well, if I say “we don’t plan on it yet”, people will take that as “no”, so I can’t really say anything.

Oh, I see where he assured us it wasn't happening.

Ven Darkness

How would I thank Nomura
I wouldn't because of Birth by Sleep Final Mix
It is because of this I think he should rot in hell with all of his money
Don't even try to change my mind.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
(This is NOT meant as oposing you, cause that I really wan'na know,) When did Nomura say that LS is not important?
If he has said that, then that means that...

Nomura lies, retcons, and makes shit up as she goes along.
-He retcons, that I can see seem to happen, yes.
-Makes the story up as he go along, yes, I think he said something like that in an interview,
-He lies, NO, he is vague.
When interviewed, he comes with as short an answer as possible, to sound mysterious, and to let people interpret his answers in their own way. Many people just tend to think that, "Not planning on it right now" definately means a "No", while in reality, it means something closer to, "At the moment, I don't think so. But the (Insert newly released stuff here) is still new, so maybe. [Especially if the higher-ups call, an say "Nomura san, you make this game a final mix now, okay. We need the money now!"

Box_ghost

Wtf 'point' did you want it to have?

Srsly, you're paying money for entertainment, that's all it is. Calling the game 'pointless' is stupid. It had a point: to entertain you. If you weren't entertained? Then you wasted your money, that's all.

And there's other ways to do it besides making a game, wasting time, when people want KH3 and they plop Days in our laps.
And yes, Days is a waste of money. The game was utterly pointless, like your stupid, shitty argument.

(This is NOT meant as oposing you, cause that I really wan'na know,) When did Nomura say that LS is not important?

During an interview in 2007.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And there's other ways to do it besides making a game, wasting time, when people want KH3 and they plop Days in our laps.
And yes, Days is a waste of money. The game was utterly pointless, like your stupid, shitty argument

You're obviously ignorant of the fact that there are several teams who develop the KH games, and the team who worked on Days (h.a.n.d) has nothing to do with the team who will make KH3. There's no 'wasting time'. The team who will make KH3 is working on Versus at the moment, that is where the hold-up is.

So... your uninformed ranting is what comes off as stupid here.

Box_ghost

You're obviously ignorant of the fact that there are several teams who develop the KH games, and the team who worked on Days (h.a.n.d) has nothing to do with the team who will make KH3. There's no 'wasting time'. The team who will make KH3 is working on Versus at the moment, that is where the hold-up is.

So... your uninformed ranting is what comes off as stupid here.

Oh, my dear sweet tinny. I was using Days as an example. How are you this big of a fucking moron?
I mean seriously, When you're playing DAYS, it says H.A.N.D during the opening credits.

My point is that there were other ways to illustrate a backstory other than a game. However, you are too stupid to understand my meaning. So your uninformed, and fail mind you, attempt at "correcting" me, comes off as you being a retarded, illiterate, moron.

Please get over yourself and drop the tude bitch. You don't want it with me.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Or he's a big fangirl and she doesn't know when to stop.

Calling Nomura a fangirl doesn't even make sense. How could he be a "fangirl" of a series he's creating? -_-
And he NEVER said LS wasn't important, don't make up bullcrap.

Box_ghost

Calling Nomura a fangirl doesn't even make sense. How could he be a "fangirl" of a series he's creating? -_-
And he NEVER said LS wasn't important, don't make up bullcrap.

He is a fangirl, or else, he wouldn't be Xion.

And his exact words in regards of LS being Terra were "it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person."

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He is a fangirl, or else, he wouldn't be Xion.

lol snap

And his exact words in regards of LS being Terra were "it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person."

You don't know his exact words because you have to rely on a fan translation. As a fan translator myself, I can tell you that though we do our best, we can't always show exactly what the creator had in mind due to the difference in language and the huge number of slightly-different synonyms and phrasings to choose from within the English language. Also, I know personally that some fan translators are nothing more than 17 year old high school kids with an average grasp of the language, too much free time and perhaps a good dictionary, so the level of skill is another thing to keep in mind. (Not saying all fan translators are; krexia, lissar and Olivia for example have a lot of experience with the language and with translation, and are pretty fcuking fantastic at what they do.)

For example, I would say that for the line "it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person," I might probably have translated it as "I don't mind if you want to think they are the same person". Though I haven't seen the original, I can imagine the type of sentence pattern the 2007 translation would have generated...

In any case, he was simply being vague and not answering the question because he obviously wanted to keep it a surprise. If that's the line you're talking about, I don't really see how it equates to 'LS is not important...'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back