• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how will bbs trio react to zack's death?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxycian

Awards
it's possible the bbs trio run into FF characters in other kingdom hearts games (or maybe kh3 who knows) and what would you think their reaction if cloud or any off FF cast told them Zack is dead.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I doubt they'll remember him. Even in his own game, Zack was blatantly ignored and forgotten.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Well...

It was never directly confirmed in the KH timeline that Zack was killed, as far as I am aware. (If I forgot someone saying so, please let me know.)

It was heavily hinted that Zack had a run-in with Sephiroth (as per the extra credits scene), but that outcome is unknown. Sure, I wouldn't be surprised if they said that Zack was killed but it isn't a 100% certainty. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have Zack show up in the future, explaining where he has been hanging out the last 10+ years. Maybe he's been in a coma or something, I dunno.

I think they left it very open on purpose so that they could have Zack either appear or not appear in later installments depending on how things go. Honestly, I would think if anyone was going to break it to them that Zack is dead it would probably be Hercules, considering that the two of them were all "Lets be Heroes! Yeah!" I'd imagine Hercules would be the most confused if Zack were to just fall off the face of the planet and look into it.

However, if they do go the route that he is dead, I would think that Ven would probably be the most upset by it. Zack was kind of his bro by the end. I'm sure being sympathetic that the others would care as well, but I always felt that Ven had the strongest connection with him. Terra would probably feel bad he wasn't able to do more to help (that's a whole lot of guilt he is going to deal with anyway regarding everything, since he is probably going to feel at fault for a LOT of the crap that happened to people/places over the entire time his body was out of his control) and...kidding, but Aqua would probably secretly be a little glad she doesn't have to get pestered for dates.

Assuming Terra, Aqua and Ven are all together during this announcement, I would imagine the scene being Aqua trying to comfort Ven over it before the three of them try to figure out who is responsible because I doubt they would leave it there. If he has some sort of grave/memorial I'm sure they would say a few nice things in passing as well.

I think, if they aren't breaking out Lightning in Olympus, that there is a good chance we might see Zack again. Or, hopefully at least find out conclusively what happened to him.

AayriSolassa

It was never 100% confirmed he was dead, so here's hoping... Aerith got her reprieve, after all.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Who's going to tell them about it? They'll probably be too busy dealing with PTSD anyway.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was never even confirmed that he's dead anyways.
Fates of the FF characters in their own universe mean nothing in the KH-verse since they're not the same characters at all (except possibly Auron).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We don’t know if Zack is dead, so probably not much at all.

And like who would know Zack, know that he is dead, and know that he knew TAV? That is a Venn diagram with maybe Hercules as the crossover point for all of those, and even then when would they get the chance to go to Olympus to even talk to Herc?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora was never told Aerith had died? she was still alive in both games or am i missing something?

That’s the point they are making. Aerith didn’t die so nobody told Sora she was dead. Why would anybody tell the TAV trio Zack died when we don’t know if he is dead.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Terra (sobbing): Why couldn’t it have been me?!
Aqua (sobbing: Yes, why couldn’t it have been you?!

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
You mean the original FFVII? How so?

Well, no one ever really says his name, Aerith and his parents seem to be the only one who remember him and until cloud goes mental he doesnt have any idea hes pretending to be someone else.

metro96

Well...

It was never directly confirmed in the KH timeline that Zack was killed, as far as I am aware. (If I forgot someone saying so, please let me know.)

It was heavily hinted that Zack had a run-in with Sephiroth (as per the extra credits scene), but that outcome is unknown. Sure, I wouldn't be surprised if they said that Zack was killed but it isn't a 100% certainty. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have Zack show up in the future, explaining where he has been hanging out the last 10+ years. Maybe he's been in a coma or something, I dunno.

I think they left it very open on purpose so that they could have Zack either appear or not appear in later installments depending on how things go. Honestly, I would think if anyone was going to break it to them that Zack is dead it would probably be Hercules, considering that the two of them were all "Lets be Heroes! Yeah!" I'd imagine Hercules would be the most confused if Zack were to just fall off the face of the planet and look into it.

However, if they do go the route that he is dead, I would think that Ven would probably be the most upset by it. Zack was kind of his bro by the end. I'm sure being sympathetic that the others would care as well, but I always felt that Ven had the strongest connection with him. Terra would probably feel bad he wasn't able to do more to help (that's a whole lot of guilt he is going to deal with anyway regarding everything, since he is probably going to feel at fault for a LOT of the crap that happened to people/places over the entire time his body was out of his control) and...kidding, but Aqua would probably secretly be a little glad she doesn't have to get pestered for dates.

Assuming Terra, Aqua and Ven are all together during this announcement, I would imagine the scene being Aqua trying to comfort Ven over it before the three of them try to figure out who is responsible because I doubt they would leave it there. If he has some sort of grave/memorial I'm sure they would say a few nice things in passing as well.

I think, if they aren't breaking out Lightning in Olympus, that there is a good chance we might see Zack again. Or, hopefully at least find out conclusively what happened to him.

Zach as the mystery member of Organization XIII confirmed

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
She was smart. He's Sephiroth's man. Look what happened to the last girl he dated....

This is somehow double funny as in the actual FF universe Sephiroth is rather fond and supportive of Zack before his descent into insanity and supports his contact with Aerith (so much that he once approved free time for Zack in order to allow him to see her while at the same time promising that they'll meet again soon as well).

After he got to the murderous momma's boy stage, well, you already said it. ;P

Pokie

Well, no one ever really says his name, Aerith and his parents seem to be the only one who remember him and until cloud goes mental he doesnt have any idea hes pretending to be someone else.

Aerith remembers him, and so does Tifa. Cloud re-remembers him after he's recovered, he's not really pretending to be somebody else, more like the Jenova cells and Mako poisoning with a dose of trauma have messed up his mind and brain and he has Tifa and Zack's memories confused with his, and Cloud acts how he thinks a professional Shrina Inc Solider would act like, like Sephiroth, cold and heartless. Because he has Zack's memories mixed up with his, he thinks that he was the Solider that went to Nibelhiem and was the Solider that was 1st Class, like Zack was.

It's more like that he truly thinks that he's somebody else, until Sephiroth and Hojo gaslight him, into believing that he's a nothing but a Sephiroth clone and leading him into a mental breakdown. Then when Tifa restores him, Cloud remembers his true identity and his friendship with Zack Fair.

Cloud fully believes that he's an ex-professional top class Solider during the first part of FFVII, no pretending. Also, Tifa and Aerith are too scared to tell him the truth about it. If you take Aerith and Tifa back to Gongaga, they will both mention that they know about Zack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back