• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will KH concepts be represented in future titles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This. I'm just worried now that they're just gonna have the villains appear and be beaten in a cutscene. If that's the case, might as well just recycle the villains dialogue from the films.

I honestly thought they did it with Donna Murphy as Gothel until the 'Useless" line to Sora.

I wanna have Disney bosses in these games. There's no reason why they wouldn't be. Pixar declaring their KH3 world's in the game are actually canon to the films was a mistake.
Tbh, I don't have issues with the Pixar worlds have original stories and not a retelling of their films compared to the other Disney worlds is because:
  • Pixar doesn't want to create an alternate version of the film, because if they retell the movies' events it would take away the morals and heart what made the original movies special.
  • They want the personalities of the characters to remain the same as in their respective films
  • It will allow Sora and Company to become part of the Pixar films world and be involved in the setting
  • Have the Pixar characters become part of the KH adventure
  • Protect the "canon" of each film without alternating important story events.
If we get worlds based on Brave, Onward, The Incredibles, Coco and Soul as worlds in a future game it's likely they would be an original storyline and not a retelling of the movie, with the latter two worlds being a prequel set before their respective films while the former three (Brave, Onward, The Incredibles) will be sequel storylines.

What I don't want is for Pixar to be too clingy and restrictive on not having a certain Pixar antagonist appear in one of the future Pixar-worlds but not fought as a boss (e.g. Underminer) which is the reason why Randall was not fought as a boss in KH3. I can live with not battling Ernesto De la Cruz, given that he isn't a fighter in his film and if the Coco world is a prequel to the original movie it wouldn't make sense for Sora and company to meet him and know about his true nature that he murdered Héctor and stole his music and songs (cause that goes to Miguel who figures it out himself once he finds out about Ernesto's true nature in the Land of the Dead) or go the same route like what Randall went through in Kingdom Hearts III. I think the likely route is he either is going to be just indirectly mentioned, or have a small cameo in one to two scenes in the world, cause he does a Sunrise Spectacular at the end of Dia de los Muertos, but only to have his concert be briefly interrupted by a Nightmare Dream Eater or a Heartless.

To be honest, I'm okay not battling Mother Gothel given that she isn't really much of a fighter and would've been an ineffective boss. Even the scene with SDG only interaction Gothel still raised Red Flags and If I were in their shoes or be right beside them and if Gothel gave me the cold shoulder calling me "useless of no help" I too would be slightly offended would raise an eyebrow and think to myself you know something feels of with this woman and another red flag for them being too oblivious of her after her First and Only encounter of her.

My biggest fear for future KH games is having Disney/Pixar and to an extent, Nomura and the development team pulling a "Randall" or "CLU" on those forthcoming villains either because of protectiveness or just laziness from the development team.

I mean I'm grateful that Davy Jones was a boss and didn't suffer the same treatment as Randall and CLU, and that the number of Disney Bosses is on par with BBS Disney bosses and higher than the Disney bosses from Dream Drop Distance, but it's far below the number of Disney Bosses from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.

Back