• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will people respond to the " A Fragmentary Passage" ending?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
As we all know the ending leads way to Birth By Sleep Volume 2. How do you think the population will react to the video. I'm hoping the reaction is positive and that it will convince Nomura to make the Volume 2 in some form as discussed in this thread. Would you expect that it would become an interview question again after the game is released?

In reality I expect they will continue on like nothing happened but here's to hoping for some short "Advent Children" style films.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hmm... Mr. Nomura said he had interest in trying to release a Kingdom Hearts game per year. Square Enix released Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream. Drop. Distance., the next year we got KH 1.5 ReMix, this year we shall get 2.5 ReMix, but what about next year? Will III see a release for 2015? If not, will they release a KH game during that year? If so, will it be Birth by Sleep Vol. 2? Hypothesizing a bit more: will it be on the PlayStation Vita?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Chances of getting a full-length game are next to none. There simply isn't anybody available to work on it. They aren't going to divert resources and attention away from KH3, especially given Nomura's recent statements about how much trouble the process is giving them.

That said, I think there's a possibility that they might bundle a short film/cutscenes compilation of the game's scenario (whatever Nomura had in mind) with a DDD remaster. The small staff that's working on the current HD re-releases could probably (maybe?) wing something like that. The only question then becomes how much of Nomura's initial concept for the game would still stick or seem relevant in light of Dream Drop Distance's plot developments.

As for my own personal opinion, I'll take more Aqua any day. Let's just have her be the protagonist for the next saga, I say.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Chances of getting a full-length game are next to none. There simply isn't anybody available to work on it. They aren't going to divert resources and attention away from KH3, especially given Nomura's recent statements about how much trouble the process is giving them.

That said, I think there's a possibility that they might bundle a short film/cutscenes compilation of the game's scenario (whatever Nomura had in mind) with a DDD remaster. The small staff that's working on the current HD re-releases could probably (maybe?) wing something like that. The only question then becomes how much of Nomura's initial concept for the game would still stick or seem relevant in light of Dream Drop Distance's plot developments.

As for my own personal opinion, I'll take more Aqua any day. Let's just have her be the protagonist for the next saga, I say.
I presume Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 would be unlocked after seeing Dream. Drop. Distance.'s ending since Mickey and Yen Sid reference how they already knew where she is. In that unlockable movie that lasts about half hour to one hour we could see Mickey and Riku enter the Realm of Darkness and coincidentally or purposely find Aqua.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I expect most to react with a moment of confusion.

Given the actual game has been shelved though I'd at least love to see a short movie of what it was going to be. TnT (like a short film showing us what Aqua was doing or Mickey getting the KKD)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm sure new players will react with the same excitement and anticipation. Whether it materializes in the series or not, Volume 2 is a thing. It just hasn't been told. It may never be told.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a strange feeling it won't be there anymore. Unless a compilation of non-playable scenes showing what was glimpsed in that teaser are being planned, I bet that it will be removed.

I can't imagine them removing the full ending. It might still have relevance that we aren't aware of yet.

Removing the "Birth By Sleep -Volume Two-" bit seems possible, though. That was the root of everybody's hopes paired with Nomura talking about an unannounced title (that has since been cancelled :\ )

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they ever decide to make it so fans wouldn't be confused, I wouldn't mind periodic episode releases via the PSN for PS3/Vita like how they do The Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead, and soon-to-be Game of Thrones. But someone at Disney/Square Enix doesn't like the digital store :c

Failing that, I'd hope they leave the original cutscenes/playable demo in. So far it's just been a Japan-exclusive cutscene that's a bit hard to track down in shortened form. Even if people get confused, it's our job as a forum to help answer their questions and provide the ultimate truth.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh gosh, SE/Disney would own my soul if they did something amazing like that. An adventure/VN-ish game would seriously be the best thing that could ever happen and I'd play it forever.

Even if people get confused, it's our job as a forum to help answer their questions and provide the ultimate truth.

Got that right, Phoenix Wright.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh gosh, SE/Disney would own my soul if they did something amazing like that. An adventure/VN-ish game would seriously be the best thing that could ever happen and I'd play it forever.
It would be the best thing because it would be released over time, therefore the demand for the game is high, yet the customer is satisfied, it would allow the story of Birth by Sleep V.2 to be told, it wouldn't require a full team to develop it since they're releasing it in episodic format, and it would pass the time between 2.5 and III.
But alas, it is a pipedream and Square Enix could just opt to remove the entire scene from existence.

Got that right, Phoenix Wright.
I've been playing too much, I admit :c

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be the best thing because it would be released over time, therefore the demand for the game is high, yet the customer is satisfied, it would allow the story of Birth by Sleep V.2 to be told, it wouldn't require a full team to develop it since they're releasing it in episodic format, and it would pass the time between 2.5 and III.

Thinking about it, it seems like the best way to tell those lingering stories they'd want to tell. If it were a normal Kingdom Hearts game with action and whatnot, they'd have the complicated matter of making it flow between Aqua, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, and whoever's stories. With an episodic game that is made to purely tell a story, they can split each character's stories into each chapter. Throw it back to Another Side, Another Story [deep dive] and name each chapter after those little word blurbs.

Prologue - deep dive (into the past!!!!)
Episode 1: Aqua - Utter silence (for the silence of the RoD)
Episode 2: Riku - A fragmented tale (because Riku's story is all over the place in the games and it's fucking annoying to not know what happened with him during these gaps)
Episode 3: Kairi - A world without you (because Kairi wants answers about Sora after just remembering him fully)
Episode 4: Mickey - Something so natural, so simple (natural to wield Keyblade? i'm grasping at straws here)
Episode 5: Namine - The memory beyond (obv)
Epilogue - The eyes will close (tease KH3 crap)

Ah damn, I want something that will never happen. Why did I have to think about this?

But alas, it is a pipedream and Square Enix could just opt to remove the entire scene from existence.

Imagine the shitstorm...It'll be insane. Five threads just to complain. Perhaps even an online petition or two.

I've been playing too much, I admit :c

That's never a bad thing~

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I suppose they'd react just like every one of us did, really. I mean, why would they react any differently?

I know Nomura's said that after the ReMIXes are over they'll be putting their full focus on KHIII, but frankly I don't see it releasing next year, and the franchise has been yearly since 2007.

Does that mean we'll get something to tide us over? Maybe. Too soon to say; I want to see 2.5 before I make any actual speculation.
But I want that fighter we were supposed to get.
With a story mode chronicling Mickey's behind-the-scenes action.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
With Nomura and Hazama using the concept with Dissidia, I'm thinking that ship sailed but I, too, still want it
Well I don't see why they couldn't reuse the same concept or modify it a bit for KH.

I'd be OK with a Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts too

Seighart

Awards
Well I don't see why they couldn't reuse the same concept or modify it a bit for KH.

I'd be OK with a Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts too

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. The KH music is beyond great...its the only music on my ipod :S

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I like the idea of a 3D remaster with BBS vol. 2 as cutscenes. Though so far only the Playstation titles have received full game ports, while the DS ones Re:coded and 358/2 Days were relegated to cutscenes.

What would such a bundle be called? Dream Drop Distance: Final Mix+?

Possibly, the Mickey story will be addressed in 3 while he and Riku are on their side story. And I think whatever they were going to do with DiZ, they clarified in 3D when he reveals he hid his data in Sora. That would leave Aqua and a handful of other points untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back