• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will the story start off?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

marshmelloman420

Based on what we saw in the E3 2015 trailer and confirmation from interviews with Nomura, we know Kingdom Hearts III's first opening scene is a conversation between Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus about the "lost masters" and the legendary keyblade war, that took place a long, long time ago. Nomura had also previously stated that the events of KH3 take place immediately after the events of Dream Drop Distance.

At the end of Dream Drop Distance, we see Sora return to the Realm of Sleep to check up on the Dream Eaters and "thank them" for their help on his journey through the seven sleeping worlds. Although not much information about KH3's story has been revealed so far, we know that Sora eventually gets a new outfit and travels looking for the "key to return hearts".

Since KH3 starts immediately after DDD, how do you guys think the story will start out? Do you think Sora will travel through more sleeping worlds in the beginning of the game? Maybe we'll start the game playing as a new character?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
What would be amazing is if Kairi's keyblade training were the tutorial for the game. It'd make sense plot-wise, but it would also give Kairi some much needed screen time right off the bat, as well as having Kairi be the tutorial character would make the most sense since she's literally getting training right at the end of DDD, whereas Sora is off doing Sora things.

SephirothZ

It will start with Younger Xehanort and Younger Eraqus. I could even see them showing Xehanort on Destiny Islands and the "beginning" of his story. Something caused Xehanort to look beyond the Islands, then something either took him off the islands or allowed him to leave the islands.

OZ mind

Will I think the tutorial will be Sora's mark of master exam and after we finish it sora will become a master then yensid will talk to Sora And Riku about what they each have to do (Riku look for aqua , ven and terra while Sora look for the key to return hearts and the 7th guardian of light ) then he will talk about how dangerous master Xehanort is and it will cut to the scene we saw in the E3 trailer . then the game will begin while kiri train .

LeonesFangs

Website
leonesfangs.deviantart.com
Chance are Young Xehanort will be the intro character or at least i'm praying, Ala Roxas in KHII. Face it they've hyped Xehanort for so long it would be fitting to end the dark seeker arc with Young form of the antagonist as the playable intro character.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I've been hoping for Young Xehanort to be the tutorial character, though, Eraqus probably is a strong contender for that role as well. I just hope it's Xehanort, since it's his final entry in the series.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It'll start with the usual CGI cutscene with intro music (hopefully it's something new from Utada Hikaru). The CGI might be a recap of the entire series leading to the cutscene between youngs Eraqus and Xehanort in their chess game. This particular scene could act as a recap of the events during KINGDOM HEARTS chi/Unchained chi. Afterwards, the tutorial section might be done with Kairi, Lea, Sora, or all of 'em.

anniinan

Oh how cool it would be to play the tutorial as Lea! But probably we get Kairi if it's about the training...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The game will say Disney, then Square Enix, then Kingdom Hearts III, and then it'll will play music followed by singing.

After Young Xehanort and Eraqus' conversation I want to immediately go to a tutorial with Kairi and Lea (well not immediate immediate, I do want a little cutscene before going to tutorial) but after that I have no clue or particular wants for how it starts. As long as I get my tutorial I'll be happy with whatever.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As a Xehanort fan, I'd love to play as Xehanort since he is Sora's foil and it would be interesting to see how he saw things when he was younger.

Knowing this series, Eraqus would probably be the choice since he is probably very similar to Sora in that he is idealistic, believes that there is good in everybody/light prevails always.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A tutorial with Xehanort would be fun. Maybe we will have a practice match against their master after they finish their chess match.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm not really sure. I'd actually like a tutorial chapter like in KH2, but I'm not sure if it should be

1 - Young Xehanort. With this being the last game in the Dark Seeker Saga and the apparent end of Xehanort, it would be a fitting experience to play as his younger self and see the beginning of his dark ambitions. Such a scenario could even foreshadow the end of the story, and reveal something important.

2 - Young Eraqus. A similar proposition to YX, in that it would be a playable episode far in the past. He as a young boy could be very similar to Sora himself, so it would be a close preparation for the rest of the game. It could also show that Eraqus, now being in Terra, could have something up his sleeve.

3 - Kairi. The end of DDD had Kairi be brought to Yen Sid, presumably to be taught how to use the Keyblade. Being the tutorial of the game, it would make perfect sense to play as our favorite Princess of Heart, while she is learning the skills that Sora will already be able to use later on. It would also give her some much-needed character development.

4 - Lea. Having just earned his own Keyblade at the end of DDD, Lea now requires training and will play a big part in the events to come. Not to mention being a fan favorite character.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I think a prologue with you playing as either Eraqus or Xehanort would be great. Particularly, maybe it will show that the methods Xehanort used to inherit that keyblade on the wall weren't as candid and good as Eraqus originally thought and Xehanort had the master make Eraqus the new ruler of the world upon his demise to remove any suspicions.

It would be just like Xehanort to control people like a puppet, even those seemingly above him in rank.

Awards
When was it revealed that Roxas would be the tutorial playable character in KH2- before the game's release, or after it?

Anagram

Banned
I'm not really sure. I'd actually like a tutorial chapter like in KH2, but I'm not sure if it should be

1 - Young Xehanort. With this being the last game in the Dark Seeker Saga and the apparent end of Xehanort, it would be a fitting experience to play as his younger self and see the beginning of his dark ambitions. Such a scenario could even foreshadow the end of the story, and reveal something important.

2 - Young Eraqus. A similar proposition to YX, in that it would be a playable episode far in the past. He as a young boy could be very similar to Sora himself, so it would be a close preparation for the rest of the game. It could also show that Eraqus, now being in Terra, could have something up his sleeve.

3 - Kairi. The end of DDD had Kairi be brought to Yen Sid, presumably to be taught how to use the Keyblade. Being the tutorial of the game, it would make perfect sense to play as our favorite Princess of Heart, while she is learning the skills that Sora will already be able to use later on. It would also give her some much-needed character development.

4 - Lea. Having just earned his own Keyblade at the end of DDD, Lea now requires training and will play a big part in the events to come. Not to mention being a fan favorite character.

I could get behind this. Small spots for all four. Xehanort & Eraqus for the first part of the tutorial and Kairi & Lea for the last.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
When was it revealed that Roxas would be the tutorial playable character in KH2- before the game's release, or after it?

We knew that he'd be playable, and most likely at the beginning but it was more presumed that he'd be playable throughout as opposed to one part of the game.

Awards
We knew that he'd be playable, and most likely at the beginning but it was more presumed that he'd be playable throughout as opposed to one part of the game.

I see. Thanks. I think a tutorial with YMX would be great, they could find a way to make it really haunting and also to foreshadow events to come later in the game. We've now played as (most) of the major characters (honestly do not care about Kairi at all), and I think it's time to let us play as the villain for once.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yes, lets play as either Young Xehanort, Kairi, or Lea. All of them at points in time are new wielders. I can imagine Yen Sid/The Master going "alright, now try a Keyblade transformation as I've taught you!"

Nomura expressed disinterest in an opening exposition cutscene with Yen Sid for 3D (even though we got one in another fashion), so I have doubts we'll have too much opening exposition. But I'm sure we'll get establishing cutscenes with Sora, Mickey, Yen Sid, the Xehanort's, or other major characters in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back