• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you feel about a game that was completely detached from the rest of the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
If you're a guy writing a story though, it's only natural for your brain to connect everything later, especially stuff you made a whole game about. So the only way I think this could happen quite like this is if some other guy who wasn't the main guy was directing the game and got to do what they wanted. And then the main guy (in this case Nomura) might still reference it in some way, but it's not part of his inner world that he's immersing himself in while making his overarching story, so it would stay fairly periphery. (See also: Metal Gear Rising which is basically this exact situation.)

Which I'd be pretty cool with! But it seems very hard to get games approved that aren't big productions these days, unlike the DS era. So they might never find room for that kind of thing.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm on the boat that thinks that, if Nomura were to able make Verum Rex a real video game, it would happen using the KINGDOM HEARTS brand. Something along the lines of: KINGDOM HEARTS - Verum Rex -

Then it can become its own thing: Verum Rex II or 2 or Dos

So it's technically a spinoff, since it's based on a KH property, but it's its own thing.
You know I'd actually be a bit less excited if it's that because Verum Rex II could feel rather detached an wouldn't necessarily use much of the lore nor Disney properties, even if it is one itself.

I mean it could be cool and I'd probably get it seeing the ideas presented for FFv13 was interesting, but I find the idea less exciting than a stand alone game in the known universe.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would give it a try, I suppose, depending on the world roster. While BbS was a part of KH's story, going into that game was sort of similar to playing something unconnected since the main cast were all characters we didn't even know at the time.

Back