• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you like Multiplayer and DLC to be done in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What multiplayer would you like to see in KH3

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
--Given that the game is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, how are you tackling online?

Nomura: Online is certainly part of my wish list -- we want gamers to play for a while and an online component helps this. While we may be focusing on the main campaign at the moment, but it's not as if we're going to tack on an online function at the end. In fact, we've already got plenty of ideas brewing at the moment. However, we're still not at the point where we can test these ideas inside the main game.

So far we've had three types of Multiplayer in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Versus Mode
[video=youtube;L-q3NzOBW-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-q3NzOBW-U[/video]
The first head to head KH mode. I absolutely loved playing against my best friend and my brother in this. It was so fun. It could be done as a straight up one v one or something that also includes party members. Various playable characters could also help this mode be a success.

Mission Mode
[video=youtube;dvpFDtzW6pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvpFDtzW6pk[/video]
I never got to try this out but with the 7 Guardians of Light it could make for some fun Post Game content. Also gives the opportunity for some DLC which is likely in the future.

Mirage Arena
Video will be included in second post due to limit of 2 per post
A great way to enjoy boss battles with your friends and just overall a great experience. Also had mini games you can play with your friends. Also lends greatly to DLC

Personally I would like a Mirage Arena type mode as well as a versus type mode included in the game with DLC updates that give us the features that would come in a Final Mix over time (additional bosses, further missions like Aqua in the LoD, extra cutscenes etc.). Later release the Final Mix that includes all of the DLC.

How would you like to see Multiplayer done in KH3 and how would you like to see DLC?

Last edited:
Awards
Video of Mirage Arena since it couldn't be included in OP
[video=youtube;RFVxKkHemvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFVxKkHemvw[/video]

Video of Versus Mode 1v1v1 Mirage Arena which I didn't know existed until Antar showed it to me.
[video=youtube;iu7whWUiTMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu7whWUiTMs[/video]

Last edited:

Nate

Mirage Arena. More specifically, Rumble Racing, for it will lead to...

Kingdom Karts.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm thinking a hybrid of MA & MM: Arena's format but with Days levels of selectable characters. Mission structure could also take from both: Some missions that involve exploring a world, others that are a horde mode.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Definitely Mirage Arena for the arena (It was so wonderful in BBS to go there for the tournaments and not back to damn Olympus). Maybe extra worlds or old worlds that don't return for this one? Or side campaigns revolving around say, Aqua in the Realm of Darkness discovering the destroyed worlds (as a sort of sequel to A Fragmentary Passage). Or the King's journey, all the stuff Nomura's been wanting to tell relating to the Xehanort saga.

Anagram

Banned
I want none. I'm tired of paying for a game and not all of it being on the damn disc. (looking at you FF13-2 with your "true ending" dlc bs)
I'm indifferent to multiple player because my internet can't handle it and because what little I've played of online isn't fun in the slightest bit. To me multiplayer and co-op will always be the "couch co-op" of old when you gathered friends, had a ball and an actual social experience.

All I really want is new game+ so that I'll finally have a use for all of those keyblades, abilities and other whatnot I get.

Awards
--Given that the game is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, how are you tackling online?

Nomura: Online is certainly part of my wish list -- we want gamers to play for a while and an online component helps this. While we may be focusing on the main campaign at the moment, but it's not as if we're going to tack on an online function at the end. In fact, we've already got plenty of ideas brewing at the moment. However, we're still not at the point where we can test these ideas inside the main game.
Yes they are planning on using online features.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes to multiplayer. No to DLC.

Versus battles, missions, and the mirage arena would be really fun. As for DLC I'd rather they don't have any. I think games nowadays rely on it too much. Finish up everything you want to include in the game before you release it.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I would like a co-op mode where you can join others or others can join in your game and play as the secondary characters (Donald, Goofy, Rapunzel etc). That would be extremely cool!

Awards
I would like a co-op mode where you can join others or others can join in your game and play as the secondary characters (Donald, Goofy, Rapunzel etc). That would be extremely cool!

That would be awesome. Kind of reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the old X-Men games if they had online.

Neo_

Awards
None; just focus on giving us the best single player experience possible.

Antar

Awards
If they do make multiplayer, Missions like from Days would be awesome. I am in the minority who liked the game, and I think the missions were a lot of fun despite being repetitive. It would be fun tackling a variety of different missions in the different KH worlds and fighting the bosses together with friends. Versus wouldn't really work because then the whole game would need to be balanced to keep it fair. Mirage Arena isn't that bad, but it get's kind of bland just doing essentially what Missions are but in bland arenas instead of the beautiful and expansive worlds.

Awards
If they do make multiplayer, Missions like from Days would be awesome. I am in the minority who liked the game, and I think the missions were a lot of fun despite being repetitive. It would be fun tackling a variety of different missions in the different KH worlds and fighting the bosses together with friends. Versus wouldn't really work because then the whole game would need to be balanced to keep it fair. Mirage Arena isn't that bad, but it get's kind of bland just doing essentially what Missions are but in bland arenas instead of the beautiful and expansive worlds.
I agree that a Mission type atmosphere would be more aesthetically appealing being in the worlds rather than a Mirage Arena. Especially with all of the Flow Motion and Attraction Flow stuff. Also I can see how a versus mode would be less balanced in a regular Kingdom Hearts game compared to something naturally balanced like CoM. I saw this video in Mirage Arena you were talking about where it's 1v1v1. If they could do something better than this I think it could be great. Otherwise I expect it'll probably get thrown in with whatever else we get in multiplayer. Am I the only one that has a craving for a Dissidia Kingdom Hearts style game, handled by a different dev team than the ones working on KH ofc?

[video=youtube;iu7whWUiTMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu7whWUiTMs[/video]

SephirothZ

I wouldnt care if they just skipped multiplayer altogether, but that is highly unlikely. Mirage Arena is fine and extra side missions would be fine I guess. Not sure how much I would play it, but as long as it does not sacrifice anything in the campaign mode, I will be fine with whatever they do.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I would LOVE a multiplayer mode similar to Gears of War's Horde Mode and/or Destiny's Strikes. Waves of Heartless with each wave getting stronger after the next and each wave ending with a boss battle and the difficulty of each boss increasing with each wave. A maximum of 4 players, either created characters or any of the franchise's Keyblade Wielders, each starting off with their original weapons. (Sora with the Kingdom Key, Riku with the Soul Eater or Way to the Dawn, etc.) After defeating each wave, each character could unlock more powerful Keyblades as well as more powerful abilities. There could be a variety of different world stages, such as Olympus Coliseum, the Underworld Coliseum, the Keyblade Graveyard, Castle Oblivion, etc etc.

DLC for a multiplayer mode like this could probably be worked in to add different characters or World Stages. Campaign DLC could be new story worlds as well as new secret bosses to fight.

I think something like that would be super fun and addictive.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
NO DLC

Multiplayer... I'd love for them to include local multiplayer (is that what it's called when you play from one console - not online) where you play as Sora and your friends join in as the other party members. However, I want that to be a secondary thought. I want them to focus solely on creating the best single player experience possible for KH III.

Antar

Awards
I would LOVE a multiplayer mode similar to Gears of War's Horde Mode and/or Destiny's Strikes. Waves of Heartless with each wave getting stronger after the next and each wave ending with a boss battle and the difficulty of each boss increasing with each wave. A maximum of 4 players, either created characters or any of the franchise's Keyblade Wielders, each starting off with their original weapons. (Sora with the Kingdom Key, Riku with the Soul Eater or Way to the Dawn, etc.) After defeating each wave, each character could unlock more powerful Keyblades as well as more powerful abilities. There could be a variety of different world stages, such as Olympus Coliseum, the Underworld Coliseum, the Keyblade Graveyard, Castle Oblivion, etc etc.

DLC for a multiplayer mode like this could probably be worked in to add different characters or World Stages. Campaign DLC could be new story worlds as well as new secret bosses to fight.

I think something like that would be super fun and addictive.

A horde mode type game mode is actually a nice idea. Fighting off waves of heartless sounds like a lot of fun! I don't want custom characters, though, it just doesn't fit with the main KH titles. It also wouldn't make too much sense storywise, at least.

?on

(first post woo)

I think DLC should be limited to more boss battles, sort-of like the Gilgamesh and Ultros fights in XIII-2. Though at the same time, KH could do without the DLC in general. I couldn't see Nomura doing costumes for the characters or special Keyblades as DLC, but at the same time I can see him changing his mind and doing that. (Though, I might be wrong on the latter bit.)

Multiplayer would be nice to have if that would allow a possible co-op feature and mission based structure to work (Something like KH358/2, but better.) I personally wouldn't mind the return of the Mirage Arena if it meant implementing Mission based structures and Mirage Battles in some sense for Multiplayer.

Though, I can only lay and wait before Nomura says something, at the very least.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!!
While it is by no means the ONLY form of multiplayer I'd like to see (I'm pretty much okay with anything), this is the type I would prefer the most. KH is, at its core, about friendship and connections. Not only do I believe this form of co-op gets that across the best, but I have wanted to play as the Disney characters for too darn long! They don't even have to have a very complicated button layout:

X = Attack (3-string attack combo like Sora)
O = Jump
[] = Guard/MP Ability (Donald could get all his magic options and for any character that have multiple abilities, you could choose which one you want to use)
V = Reaction commands or none

I wouldn't even mind something as simple as that layout, it would just be fun trying to protect Sora (since if he died, we all lose) and help someone else get through the game.

While I don't think anyone loves the idea of paid DLC, I consider it a necessary evil at this point and clearly SE is jumping on board. Especially a game like KH which is ripe for side stories and new weapons, I don't see how they'll say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back