• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh man these Data Battles are intense! I didn't really have a problem with any of the Absent Silhouettes, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if I can beat (any of) them. I don't know that grinding up to lv 99 will really help me all that much. Maybe more Buster Bands. I just run out of Potions and Ethers and can't finish. Well, and some of them I can't even get that far into the battle haha (Saix). I'm wondering if I should just move on to playing BBS. But it would hurt my kingdom heart if I couldn't ever beat them.

My advice, since I take the easy way out--I'm not too proud--is to use Limits for most of them since you're invincible during them. I used Donald's Comet immediately at the beginning of the battle because it catches the boss in the air and then you can hit them while also using Donald's reaction commands. Use an ether or an elixir, repeat before Donald can die. I ususally take off around 3 bars of health each limit. The only ones this doesn't work for too well are Xemnas, Roxas, and Luxord, although some others you have to adjust strategies (like smacking Saix out of berserk first, Xaldin doing his dragon flare attack, blocking Xigbar's sniper attack, using Wisdom Firaga at the end of Demyx). With Xaldin, I'd recommend using "Jump," since that wipes him out pretty fast to me.

Besides that, if I do Drive, it's as Wisdom or Limit. (Wisdow so I know Donald isn't dead.)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I just fought the Lingering Will for my VERY FIRST time on Beginner mode. I was able to bring him down with 6 small bar remaining. I kind of used some brute force but it was weird trying to see what he does and how to be meticulous on his tactics. During that moment, he did this transformation where he had kept bashing me like If he were to use Squall's Lionheart Limit Break and noticed my commands weren't working. And that's how I lost, he got me good.

Guys, how do I unlocked the Hades Paradox Cup? All of my forms are level 7 including summon and nothing.

Wander

Eh, you can't unlock Lingering Will on Beginner mode, or was that changed from the original KH2FM?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was so excited to fight Roxas for the first time in KH2... and he's super hard. Now Critical mode is mean to me :(

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He kills me really fast when he does that light burst thing. Even in Limit Form.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
When he does the light pillars, I found it really useful to just take off lock on, and quick rush or dodge roll to avoid it all.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I'm sucking a whole lot more at KHII than I remember before.

However, on the other hand I breezed through Demyx, which was a HUGE shock for me. I also was stuck on Xaldin the last time trying to play through the PS2 version, and this time I beat him immediately, too. Very strange.

BlazeHeatnix

Can someone help on beating Larxene's AS? No matter what I do, I can't get her RC to show up. These guys on Youtube activate it every time, and I swear I'm doing the exact same thing they're doing, and I'm landing aerial combos over and over, but the RC just refuses to show. I've gotten it to work by pure luck once or twice, and I have no idea how I did it.

Some guy

Can someone help on beating Larxene's AS? No matter what I do, I can't get her RC to show up. These guys on Youtube activate it every time, and I swear I'm doing the exact same thing they're doing, and I'm landing aerial combos over and over, but the RC just refuses to show. I've gotten it to work by pure luck once or twice, and I have no idea how I did it.
I'm stuck on her too, simply because I refuse to advance in the game before I beat her. The RC only appears when the "other" her is iddle (as in not teleporting around) or if both are airborne. The easy way to get the RC is to do a ground finisher before the clone on standby makes a move.

Edit: Ok, forget this. After trying it, it's not as easy to pull off as I thought; you can (and will) be taken off guard after a finisher, so go for air combos instead. And I can't still figure out how to handle her second phase because of the different guard timings ...

Edit 2: Finally defeated her (after Barbossa: lv 25ish, critical, no drive, no limit). I didn't have access to dodge roll yet, so I had to use reflect for her thunder strike/aura counters and her DM. :3 So satisfying.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I only got Larxene's reaction command to show up if I completed a combo when attacking both Larxene's at the same time.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I'm still leveling up and attempting to face One-Winged Angel. I managed to use the old trick I did back with the original KH2 on PS2 and that was the Trinity Limit with ethers and berserk charge. Of course, I was out of touch since facing him. xD

So, what is the best way to beat him, guys?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So does anyone have a specific strategy on beating Roxas when you fight in at The World That Never Was?

Ventus_

Awards
I received the game for Christmas and only hours later begun playing it. I've always preferred the second game to the first because I feel the world's are more developed and involved though I'm having trouble deciding if the organization plot is as strong as the PoH/Worlds being eaten by darkness plot of the first game. It doesn't much matter to me, even if it's not I can get past that and I'm really glad to finally own the game now as when I played it on the PS2 it was borrowed from a friend who understandably asked for it back when I cleared it.

I believe I chose the defense struggle bat and then the shield in Dive Into the Heart. It was a choice that didn't take much thought because in my file of the first game I started with the shield and it's proven to be an excellent choice even though it meant not having a quick MP refill rate while smacking an opponent.

Unlike on Destiny Island there wasn't a means with which to grind in Twilight Town. I've read that folks have actually gotten Roxas to pretty high levels such as 95 but am unable to see how. There hasn't been a great place overall to grind yet so I'm only at level 23 or 24 in my first Agrabah visit and it's kind of bugging me since I got so used to the opportunities presented in each world in the first game. I'd tried to grind to level 25 in the Underworld portion of Olympus Colosseum before taking on the Hydra but I quickly reached a point where I couldn't get the heartless to reset so I had no choice but to move on at level 19 though the Hydra turned out to be pretty easy especially when you use Phil and Pegasus.

So far making my way through my first round of each world the heartless at the end of the Ancient Highway Gummi mission has been the most difficult to get passed vs any of the boss battles in the worlds. I'm glad however that there have been a few more boss battles with the worlds' actual villains rather than giant heartless than I remembered. It must be the second round that has all the giant heartless final bosses that I remember and I do remember that the worlds get harder as I have this small fragment of a memory containing a point in Port Royal where the nobodies were relentless. At the moment I haven't faced any nobodies, only heartless so I assume that's an upgrade that comes later.

The only world I recall not liking in this game was Atlantica because the fact that it's all singing was annoying and tricky for me. A friend (the same one I borrowed the game from) got me through that whole thing on the PS2 because I just wanted it over with. I haven't reached it yet but will get back on how it went for me.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
So does anyone have a specific strategy on beating Roxas when you fight in at The World That Never Was?

Are you playing on Critical?

If anything, just pierce through him when you have the opportunity. Just keep hitting him and if anything use the limit form to break free from his combos. Whenever he's readying his light charging attack that's when you'll be able to heal comfortably and just glide around to avoid the attacks.

I don't know how managed to beat him easily on the Data battle. He's really simple.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I am disappointed that there is no strategy guide for 2.5. Not that I need it, but I would have loved to have it in my collection with my original 1 and 2 guides plus the one they made for 1.5.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Unlike on Destiny Island there wasn't a means with which to grind in Twilight Town. I've read that folks have actually gotten Roxas to pretty high levels such as 95 but am unable to see how.

95? Yeesh. The only repeatable forms of EXP for Roxas are Seifer or the Nobody assault at the very, very end. Determined people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back