• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

So does anyone have a specific strategy on beating Roxas when you fight in at The World That Never Was?

You can block all his melee attacks and they have decent startup lag, so just keep a finger on that Guard button. Also be liberal with finishers, Roxas counters whenever you use a finisher or your combo goes on for too long, use that one finisher where you slam the ground by pressing Square and back off. There is this one rare move he does where he teleports to you repeatedly and twirls his Keyblades in front of him, in my countless runs of this fight there doesn't seem to be a trick to dodging this one other than being a god at Quick Step, so just suck it up and heal afterwards, but he uses this like once every 3 battles.

You could also just cheese this fight with Limit Form but where's the fun in that? :p

Precursor Mar

So, I'm still leveling up and attempting to face One-Winged Angel. I managed to use the old trick I did back with the original KH2 on PS2 and that was the Trinity Limit with ethers and berserk charge. Of course, I was out of touch since facing him. xD

So, what is the best way to beat him, guys?

Seph isn't really that hard, I beat him on around level 65 without Second Chance. Just make good use of Reflega and Limit Form. One thing to note is that when he teleports away from you, run towards him, block his attacks and counterattack, otherwise he'll teleport behind you and fling you upwards. If he gets you then press square to do Horizontal Slash (I think that's what it called?) and then you can keep the combo going. When he teleports away a second time, he's going to do the "Block" reaction command he does at the start of the fight.

Once he enters his second phase he'll summon orbs of darkness that follow you, just use Reflega to send them all away. On his third phase he'll send meteors at you, either glide around in a circle or use Reflega.

That about covers most of his attacks, you shouldn't have that much trouble with him.

Ventus_

Awards
95? Yeesh. The only repeatable forms of EXP for Roxas are Seifer or the Nobody assault at the very, very end. Determined people.

Indeed, I had to stop two levels short of my goal of 20 in the Destiny Island storm in 1.5 because of how slow and boring it became. I could never have that kind of patience. Patience has never been my strong suit. I've read however that it's not smart to level up Roxas too much because it causes you to miss abilities for Sora. So had there been grinding opportunities I wouldn't have gotten overly ambitious.

Update: I'm in the Pridelands now where finally there are resetting heartless--well so it seems so far. So I am going to grind a bit before taking on Scar. Plus I just want to draw it out I love the lion form haha and Scar is my absolute favorite Disney villain. I forgot how well done to the film the story there is, the cut scene right before the hyena battle...pretty damn flawless! The only thing that bugs me is how Jeremy Irons is not providing the voice of Scar here.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ughh...I seriously abhor these Energy Stone drops. I just can't get them to drop in abundance. I even ended up with 9 Lucky Rings and only a few drops. Better yet, I have a better probability of getting an Energy Crystal than a Stone...

BlazeHeatnix

Ok gang, after so many hours of fighting Larxene's AS, I finally have a strategy for you all, because I finally figured out how to activate her RC consistently. It took a long time, but I got her pattern down to where I took no damage at all. I fought her after clearing Pride Lands with the Circle of Life keyblade @ lvl 27. However, you could probably do this with Hero's Crest after clearing Port Royal just as well. Strongly recommend having Aerial Finish and Fantasia, and packing at least 2 hi-potions and at least 2 ethers.

When the fight starts, circle around her and guard her clones' charge, angling it so they don't hit D&G. When one disappears and is about to attack you, Reflect once. Most of the time she won't flinch, so close in with a couple of ground hits and knock her into the air with either Upper Slash or Finishing Leap, then continue with an aerial combo. At the end of it you should be able to use her RC. I did this several times in a row and it worked every time. HOWEVER, if she DOES flinch from Reflect, any combo will cause the RC to show, so just do a ground one. This is rare, however.

After you merge the clones, do 2 ground combos on her in a row, with only 1 finisher each. Then stop and let her attack, and Reflect it. Keep your distance: don't stand right next to her, but be close enough so that Reflect hits. If you do it right, she won't attack you with more than one lightning flash, if she attacks at all. Once it's reflected and she flinches, do the 2 ground combos again and repeat until she charges her clones at you again.

Once her clones start attacking, they'll circle you and then disappear. This time, Reflect twice as her attack is longer, then attack her and you should see her RC again. Rinse and repeat.

If both disappear at the same time, stand back and repeatedly pause to check the formation. If they surround the arena, unpause and very quickly guard. If 5 of them are at the far end, unpause and wait about 2 seconds, then guard. They may also try to do a quick slash attack on you. I didn't personally see this attack much, but spam Reflect/Guard and you should be fine.

Larxene has two desperation moves. One is where the screen blackens, then a second later her clones start slashing you, then circle and rush at you, then the real one slams down with lightning from above. Reflect, guard, and reflect again for that, then use the "two ground combo" strategy mentioned above. If she charges herself with lightning and appears in the middle of the screen instead of charging clones at you, this is her ultimate attack: if you don't have any Drive abilities, there's only one way you can avoid this, and that's with a limit. Toss a Hi-Potion on Donald if he's dead, make sure your own magic is full, then quickly activate Comet before Larxene attacks. You can't damage her until her attack is over, so ride the limit out as long as you can before actually using Comet.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Seph isn't really that hard, I beat him on around level 65 without Second Chance. Just make good use of Reflega and Limit Form. One thing to note is that when he teleports away from you, run towards him, block his attacks and counterattack, otherwise he'll teleport behind you and fling you upwards. If he gets you then press square to do Horizontal Slash (I think that's what it called?) and then you can keep the combo going. When he teleports away a second time, he's going to do the "Block" reaction command he does at the start of the fight.

Once he enters his second phase he'll summon orbs of darkness that follow you, just use Reflega to send them all away. On his third phase he'll send meteors at you, either glide around in a circle or use Reflega.

That about covers most of his attacks, you shouldn't have that much trouble with him.

Thank you for the tips, Precursor Mar! :D

And anyway, I beat him last night using my old tricks. I was so lucky to keep the HS going until I was able to use Trinity Limit again.. I think I actually enjoyed myself beating him down. xD

I think he's the most fun I ever had with a boss battle in a while. Hopefully, he'll be back in KH3 because I want to continue beating him down. x3

Now.. next is the Cups! Hopefully, by then I'll be able to beat the Cavern of Remembrance.

BlazeHeatnix

Wow, how in the world are you supposed to beat Cerberus Cup? Even if I use Valor form all the time, I can't beat Cerberus in less than 2 minutes.

DoctahFaz

Awards
The Cerberus Cup was tough. I kind of lost track of time, but managed to beat him with literally 5 seconds remaining.

Precursor Mar

HOLY SHIET, GUYS! I DID IT! I BEAT FREAKING LINGERING WILL! WITH THE KINGDOM KEY!

Now that I have that sexy golden crown, all that's left is to get the high score on most of the Underdrome Cups and I'll have 100%. Speaking of which, I need you guy's help. I cannot for the life of me get the high score on anything past the Cerberus Cup, I've already tried using both Peter Pan and Stitch in the Titan and Paradox Titan Cups but it's still not enough. Any advice?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
HOLY SHIET, GUYS! I DID IT! I BEAT FREAKING LINGERING WILL! WITH THE KINGDOM KEY!

Now that I have that sexy golden crown, all that's left is to get the high score on most of the Underdrome Cups and I'll have 100%. Speaking of which, I need you guy's help. I cannot for the life of me get the high score on anything past the Cerberus Cup, I've already tried using both Peter Pan and Stitch in the Titan and Paradox Titan Cups but it's still not enough. Any advice?

I just beat the Lingering Will right now!! Congratulations! I did it on the beginner's mode though lol. And about the tournaments, Stitch is really your best friend on this. Make sure you have the summons fully leveled and characters with Jackpot abilities; the more the abundance amount of orbs. That worked so well for me on the Maniac mode from Phil's training I ended up getting 500 points just by hitting the first large jar. Also, Wishing Lamp helps too.

Roxie1563

Awards

Seriously?! :O Well, I'm happy for you and I'm trying to beat all of the Org.13 Data and Mushroom 13 as well alongside with the Paradox Hades Cup.

I'm also having trouble trying to collect the 1,00 points for Phil's Training.. How did you get all the points? :/ Oh, you should totally try Chicken Little; he saved my skin more than I can count. :3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Seriously?! :O Well, I'm happy for you and I'm trying to beat all of the Org.13 Data and Mushroom 13 as well alongside with the Paradox Hades Cup.

I'm also having trouble trying to collect the 1,00 points for Phil's Training.. How did you get all the points? :/ Oh, you should totally try Chicken Little; he saved my skin more than I can count. :3

You have to hit the big jar into the group of the other jars. If you hit it separately, its not going to give you that much of what's really worth. Think of it as bowling. And keep Wishing Lamp equipped and make you don't have too much combo abilities equipped as well.

Roxie1563

Awards
You have to hit the big jar into the group of the other jars. If you hit it separately, its not going to give you that much of what's really worth. Think of it as bowling. And keep Wishing Lamp equipped and make you don't have too much combo abilities equipped as well.

I see.. I knew I was missing something. xD Thank you! Now, if I could just try to beat the Paradox Hades Cup, I'll be happy! x3

Precursor Mar

I just beat the Lingering Will right now!! Congratulations! I did it on the beginner's mode though lol. And about the tournaments, Stitch is really your best friend on this. Make sure you have the summons fully leveled and characters with Jackpot abilities; the more the abundance amount of orbs. That worked so well for me on the Maniac mode from Phil's training I ended up getting 500 points just by hitting the first large jar. Also, Wishing Lamp helps too.

Come on, man! What are doing on Beginner Mode? Critical is where it's at lol jk. Thanks!

I already had Jackpot and max Summon Level when I tried it a few days ago but I was only able to get 4,853 points. I hadn't thought of equipping Wishing Lamp so I'll try that now. Thanks for the help.

Thanks! I'll probably come back to the Org. Data battles as well as the Lingering Will from time to time to get better against them, they're pretty fun once you learn all their moves. Good luck with all that, especially the Mushroom on Mysterious Tower, that one's a pain on the ass.

For Phil's Training I just equipped Negative Combo and Combo Master, and then spammed Magnet Burst.

Roxie1563

Awards
Come on, man! What are doing on Beginner Mode? Critical is where it's at lol jk. Thanks!

I already had Jackpot and max Summon Level when I tried it a few days ago but I was only able to get 4,853 points. I hadn't thought of equipping Wishing Lamp so I'll try that now. Thanks for the help.

Thanks! I'll probably come back to the Org. Data battles as well as the Lingering Will from time to time to get better against them, they're pretty fun once you learn all their moves. Good luck with all that, especially the Mushroom on Mysterious Tower, that one's a pain on the ass.

For Phil's Training I just equipped Negative Combo and Combo Master, and then spammed Magnet Burst.

I just need to beat Xemnas to unlock the others then I can truly defeat the entire Date versions of themselves. :3 Of course, there's the Lingering Will to handle with.. That's going to be fun. ;)

Oh, the tips keeps on coming! :D I'll try to give both tips a shot and tell you if it works.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
If you two are need of working on the Hades Paradox Cup 15000 mission. Just do what I recommended with Stitch. I'm not even on round 20 yet and I already have 17740 points lol as I type this.

Precursor Mar

Wow, robvandam was right. Wishing Lamp + Stitch = Game spoon-feeding you points, by the second round I already reached the Titan Cup's high score. I just finished up the Goddesses of Fate and Paradox Pain and Panic Cups, not really looking forward to the Hades Cup. :/

I just need to beat Xemnas to unlock the others then I can truly defeat the entire Date versions of themselves. :3 Of course, there's the Lingering Will to handle with.. That's going to be fun. ;)

Oh, the tips keeps on coming! :D I'll try to give both tips a shot and tell you if it works.

Looking back on it now, I'm surprised how easy Xemnas 1 was, even the Data version isn't that hard. Still, all the Org. Battles are jokes compared to their Data counterparts, most of them almost made me break my controller at first. What difficulty mode are you on?

I was able get over 1,200 points on Maniac with just the Kingdom Key, so you shouldn't have any problem using Wishing Lamp.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Wow, robvandam was right. Wishing Lamp + Stitch = Game spoon-feeding you points, by the second round I already reached the Titan Cup's high score. I just finished up the Goddesses of Fate and Paradox Pain and Panic Cups, not really looking forward to the Hades Cup. :/

Looking back on it now, I'm surprised how easy Xemnas 1 was, even the Data version isn't that hard. Still, all the Org. Battles are jokes compared to their Data counterparts, most of them almost made me break my controller at first. What difficulty mode are you on?

I was able get over 1,200 points on Maniac with just the Kingdom Key, so you shouldn't have any problem using Wishing Lamp.
I just finished doing the Hades Paradox Cup with 24K points lol. If you have all 9 drive gauges even better. Just take advantage of it. You should perform ohana 6 times. Waste whatever drive gauge you have filled up. Once you reach to round 11 Titan cup rules apply or cerberus (I forgot). Each round your drive gauge will be full so you can take advantage from there. I made it to 17K before round 20. My strength was also really high. Made things easier.

BlazeHeatnix

I still can't beat the Cerberus Cup. I think beating Cerberus all counts on getting the RC to show up, but once again I don't know how to trigger it.

Precursor Mar

I still can't beat the Cerberus Cup. I think beating Cerberus all counts on getting the RC to show up, but once again I don't know how to trigger it.

When you get his health down he'll start doing this pattern where he spins around and then jumps to the other side of the arena, the heads on its sides will then separate from each other and create an opening. If you're able to jump into that opening before the two heads slam into each other, it will trigger the RC.

The key to winning the Cerberus Cup is to spam your Drive Forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back