• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Heh I actually don't remember much from the Larxene fight because all I saw was lightning spawning everywhere when I spammed limit form :p

Not sure what was my favorite fight because most of them to were just annoying (Luxord,Demyx,Larxene,Axel chief among them) but other than the obvious Roxas one, I did like Zexion quite a bit since it was so different and ditto for Xaldin since that one relied on patience on my end.

Larxene's was a funny case. She wasn't particularly difficult, but despite that, I still end up winning by the skin of my teeth thanks to abusing Limit Form's Strike Raid and Sonic Blade/Rave.

Zexion's was interesting, but for some reason, I always had a hard time picking the right spot during that one segment before all the meteors come crashing down. I got the timing down just fine during the Absent Silhouette battle, but the Data version was relentless in that regard. I do feel the same way about Xaldin since I required a fair number of tries to take him down. I find it hilarious that he was the one that was changed the least when comparing original to Data battle.

Anyway, I managed to beat the rest of the Command Boards and even managed to beat all of the cups for Rumble Racing. As a result, I've been trying to clear some of the other requirements like beating Treasure Tussle, A Time to Chill and Copycat Crisis.

Then I attempted to beat Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with Terra.

Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with Terra...

Actually, I managed to get him down to one health point left twice, but somehow, he always got me before I could properly finish him off. To say that I was frustrated is like saying...meh. I can't even be arsed to even think of a simile now. My rage has already been awakened and spent that I ironically no longer have any to spare. :~:

hlc1988

Awards
Well, I'm level 90 on Proud mode and I nearly beat Marluxia's data battle but I got creamed by Roxas, Vexen and Larxene.

I'm having trouble with some of the mushrooms - especially number 1. I just cannot get the hang of doing the reversal. I press triangle and it doesn't give me the slide that I need to get behind the mushroom. Or am I just pressing it too fast?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Well, I'm level 90 on Proud mode and I nearly beat Marluxia's data battle but I got creamed by Roxas, Vexen and Larxene.

I'm having trouble with some of the mushrooms - especially number 1. I just cannot get the hang of doing the reversal. I press triangle and it doesn't give me the slide that I need to get behind the mushroom. Or am I just pressing it too fast?

You might be. My gut advice to you is to tell you to hold it longer, but be warned, holding it longer doesn't technically do anything. It's more a mental trick I used to train myself to press the button later. Does that make any sense?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Number I was a major pain in the neck for me. As Blackdrazon mentioned, it's best to wait just a little bit before using Reversal to hit him again. My question now would probably be how are you tackling this? Are you in Wisdom or Final Form, for instance?

You might be. My gut advice to you is to tell you to hold it longer, but be warned, holding it longer doesn't technically do anything. It's more a mental trick I used to train myself to press the button later. Does that make any sense?

Ugh. That brings back frustrating memories. It took me a surprisingly long time for me to realize that I should probably wait a little bit before hitting triangle and then pelting him with shots from my Keyblade in Wisdom Form (Wisdom Shots, maybe?) before repeating the process.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Took down marluxia data sim and lexaeus

feeling hella accomplished

hlc1988

Awards
Also, how does one make the EX gummi levels playable? Do I have to make and customise a gummi to play them?

I will give it a go. It does make sense!

Number I was a major pain in the neck for me. As Blackdrazon mentioned, it's best to wait just a little bit before using Reversal to hit him again. My question now would probably be how are you tackling this? Are you in Wisdom or Final Form, for instance?

I've tried both Final and Wisdom form. But I will give it a go and see if I can get him. My highest point total is 56 so I know I must be doing at least some of it right to be able to get that far. I just need another 14 points!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait 0.75-1 second before pressing Triangle. Mushroom I is all about the rhythm. As long as you don't press the reaction command immediately, 99 hits will be yours.

For EX missions, get a S rank for each individual mission to unlock it. Most, if not all if require you to configure the ship because of various requirements. If you are just going for the trophy, you will only need to S rank one EX mission per world, also none of them give blueprints.

hlc1988

Awards
Wait 0.75-1 second before pressing Triangle. Mushroom I is all about the rhythm. As long as you don't press the reaction command immediately, 99 hits will be yours.

For EX missions, get a S rank for each individual mission to unlock it. Most, if not all if require you to configure the ship because of various requirements. If you are just going for the trophy, you will only need to S rank one EX mission per world, also none of them give blueprints.

Thanks! I just managed to get 63 points. 7 more and that would have been in the bag!

I've still got a few more mushrooms to do. I will get there. I know I am capable, it just practice!

Thanks for the advice on the Ex missions. I'm just determined to 100% everything. (I must be insane).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Where is mushroom 13? I don't see him anywhere, is he only after you defeat the data battles?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Where is mushroom 13? I don't see him anywhere, is he only after you defeat the data battles?

Clear the journal requirements for all 12 mushrooms, then go to the place you fought 1000 heartless for XIII. No fight for that, just collect your reward.

You will still be able to fight the mushrooms after this so no worry about being unable to farm from them.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Larxene's was a funny case. She wasn't particularly difficult, but despite that, I still end up winning by the skin of my teeth thanks to abusing Limit Form's Strike Raid and Sonic Blade/Rave.

Zexion's was interesting, but for some reason, I always had a hard time picking the right spot during that one segment before all the meteors come crashing down. I got the timing down just fine during the Absent Silhouette battle, but the Data version was relentless in that regard. I do feel the same way about Xaldin since I required a fair number of tries to take him down. I find it hilarious that he was the one that was changed the least when comparing original to Data battle.

Anyway, I managed to beat the rest of the Command Boards and even managed to beat all of the cups for Rumble Racing. As a result, I've been trying to clear some of the other requirements like beating Treasure Tussle, A Time to Chill and Copycat Crisis.

Then I attempted to beat Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with Terra.

Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with Terra...

Actually, I managed to get him down to one health point left twice, but somehow, he always got me before I could properly finish him off. To say that I was frustrated is like saying...meh. I can't even be arsed to even think of a simile now. My rage has already been awakened and spent that I ironically no longer have any to spare. :~:

I don't even consider Data Larxene a fight. It's just who spams their ultimate moves more, you or Larxene. There is very little time to plan a strategy or attack normally in this battle.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Clear the journal requirements for all 12 mushrooms, then go to the place you fought 1000 heartless for XIII. No fight for that, just collect your reward.

You will still be able to fight the mushrooms after this so no worry about being unable to farm from them.

Okay thank you.

one more question: Even though you don't fight him, is he the final journal entry for heartless?

hlc1988

Awards
I'm pretty sure I was just lucky but I just managed to do all 12 mushrooms!!! I feel so accomplished! I will get to number 13 tomorrow but Number 1 mushroom... i was very lucky. 1 second left and I somehow got 6 hits in which got me to 71 hits!!!

Now onto doing the data battles and the gummi missions. And the Underworld tournaments.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Okay thank you.

one more question: Even though you don't fight him, is he the final journal entry for heartless?

Yeah, the journal (and the attached achievement) essentially wait for you to watch a ten second cutscene. Boy I... sure earned that, thanks game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
And you need to completely win against the mushroom XII to meet the XIII's goomba? For example, mushroom I you need to get 99 hits.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
No, you just need to hit the Jiminy objectives. For example, I don't have a single one of Donald and Goofy's ultimate Mushroom weapons. For Mushroom VIII, that means 85 hits.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ok then thanks for the info. I'll probably give up on the data XIII for now and focus on their shroom brethren.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks! I just managed to get 63 points. 7 more and that would have been in the bag!

I've still got a few more mushrooms to do. I will get there. I know I am capable, it just practice!

Thanks for the advice on the Ex missions. I'm just determined to 100% everything. (I must be insane).

If you want to 100% everything, then aim to S rank all mushrooms =P (I still can't do it for XI...)

hlc1988

Awards
If you want to 100% everything, then aim to S rank all mushrooms =P (I still can't do it for XI...)

I presume S-ranking the mushrooms is fulfilling the Journal requirements for them? I've now done them. Number XI was difficult too. I find when I have to use Wisdom form to heal myself so I can use Berserk charge so I don't get my finishing move and just as my MP is restored I heal again preventing me from doing a finishing move. I was able to do XI that way.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I presume S-ranking the mushrooms is fulfilling the Journal requirements for them? I've now done them. Number XI was difficult too. I find when I have to use Wisdom form to heal myself so I can use Berserk charge so I don't get my finishing move and just as my MP is restored I heal again preventing me from doing a finishing move. I was able to do XI that way.

Nope. Journal requirements are B rank. For most of the mushrooms, S rank means a perfect score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back