• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I ended up finally getting the game yesterday. It felt so weird just hearing the XMB theme again. The presence from 1.5 really made a nice connection from actually playing the game since its first release until September. Once I started 2.5, memories flowing back to me and the music really made feel nostalgic just remembering how wonderful the first collection was and realizing how beautiful things are. Actually felt some tears playing through Roxas' final days of his summer vacation and the moment Sora comes back how the Twilight Town song changes made feel sadder.

I can't believe again how "controlling" this character progression really is. Feels like every scenario goes too quickly and how the characters while roaming are a bit zoomed out than the first Kingdom Hearts. Although overall, feels great again and the HD just makes it look so stunning. I just feel connected...its strange.

How's everyone doing so far?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm enjoying it yet...I'm also being reminded of what annoyed me. The Vanitas fight at the end of Ven's story was frustrating as hell because the damn last move hardly ever connects making an easy fight overly frustrating. Remembered how much I hate Disney Town, command board, rumble racing and icecream beat.

BUT!! That's my only gripes *besidesventuscough* I didn't and never will expect much of KH2 but the rest of BBS was glorious to see in HD and damn did I love Coded. =D
Best part is definitely having BBS on a console.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Yesterday I finally, finally got the Platinum for Birth by Sleep. So now that I've done everything possible on my JP copy, I'm free to re-experience the story on my NA copy.

For real though I'm never ever fighting Mysterious Figure again. You can't make me. Especially not on Critical with Terra.

And today I watched Re:coded in English. That ending got a little tear action, I'll admit.
I love Re:coded.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
How long did it took you? 6 freaking hours for me...and he is supposed to be easier.
Actually, I got obscenely lucky with Terra.

He gave me a run where he never used his clones, never went invisible and only used Meteor once, which I accidentally escaped. Then I made the final Thunder Surge as he prepared the other explosion attack.

All tries put together, probably around an hour? For some reason No Heart took me like five hours. I guess that's what I get for having such a good MF.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
This will be my first time playing Birth By Sleep. Noticed most of your experiences have been tough. I don't know what to expect from this title.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Since I'm doing this chronologically, I am still on BBS and haven't started 2 Final Mix or Re:coded yet. It's definitely sad that unlike when the original versions came up, I don't have as much free time as I did when I was younger to play for as long as I'd like. It's been just over a week and I finally beat all three BBS stories (Terra on Proud, Ventus/Aqua on Standard) and now tonight I'll fight Terra/Xehanort in the Final Episode. For all 3, I was Level 35 and with all my powerful commands (Meteor Flare, Time Splicer, Zantusukan, etc.) and shotlocks, I have completely dominated the final bosses with little to no difficulty. Honestly, the only part that has really given me trouble was the possessed Zack in Olympus Colliseum; it's brutal.

BBS is easily my favorite game in the series gameplay wise, so I've really enjoyed finally having it on a console.

BagelBreath

Awards
Watched the new scene from Coded, and then I started playing BBS.
Just started Cinderella's world with Terra. Don't know if I'll ever get around to replaying KH2, I've already re-played it so many times, lol.

hlc1988

Awards
I'm enjoying this game a lot. Still playing KH2. you guys are either better then me completely or I am just rubbish. At level 50 and can't beat Roxas at Memory Skyscraper. Nor can I beat Murluxia either. So I'm a bit stuck now... and I really want to finish KH2. Haven't played it in 8 years.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This will be my first time playing Birth By Sleep. Noticed most of your experiences have been tough. I don't know what to expect from this title.

Oh man you are going to have a blast it is such a fun game. It is hard, but I'd say that it's a fairly smooth experience until you reach the final bosses. THAT is when things get tough. Then the secret bosses make you reexamine your own life multiple times.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Oh man you are going to have a blast it is such a fun game. It is hard, but I'd say that it's a fairly smooth experience until you reach the final bosses. THAT is when things get tough. Then the secret bosses make you reexamine your own life multiple times.

Sounds like those Secret Boss Fights are going to be toss up time to time. A Leaf Bracer is a must if anything. I'd imagine how tough it is. I remember looking at a gameplay video. The original command system doesn't seem to be exact as the main titles. I'm really excited to get started. Still remember how I thought Birth By Sleep was actually Kingdom Hearts 3 lol.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It's not so bad.

Bear in mind that my playthrough was 100% completion on Critical Mode, and in my opinion BbS's Critical isn't very well-balanced. Similarly, two of the secret bosses are just plain poorly designed.

The main story of the game is aces, and super enjoyable. You'll love it.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
It's been bit of a nostalgia trip, so far. : )
I even took some time between objectives in KHII just to jump into the first-person perspective to look at stuff!!! Hmm, nice stuff!
(And to prolong Sora's awakening. Mwahahaha!)

As for BbS, I was suprised I felt any nostalgia for a game I've cleared 12 times already.
(And yet I keep forgetting how to make Once More and Second Chance. XD)
But why did they make Rhythm Mixer unlockable instead of making it available early on like the original?

Nevertheless, having fun...while being run-over by Hot Rods and flattened like a pancake by Large Bodies on Critical Mode. ; D
So much fun!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Haven't had the time to start it up yet despite getting it on the 8th.
I could not even take a pic for getting the award yet. Too many other things to take care of atm. <__<

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
>Out of command cards
>Starting block is over a dozen spaces away
>Roll nothing but ones & twos

Every time! -_-

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Not gonna start playing till X-Mas day. Finals and essays I got going on right now would ruin my enjoyment. Haven't even opened the box yet.

Hyped to play the game though since I recently finished 1.5 again so it'll be great to continue the story.

wolfshadow

^Having to wait till Christmas also, only because my mom ordered the originial copy on the night of Dec. 1st on gamestop online site (hopefully get the limited edition atleast) and had the game shipped to her. But she'll send the game and either a ps3 or money for a ps3 for christmas. So roughly two more weeks! woop~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back