• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I started BbS, playing all the characters at the same time. I've finished the first three worlds, about to start Radiant Garden with all of them. I have no plans to 100% BbS and definitely not going to try and level the characters up to 99. I just want to have everything available in Theater Mode, not likely to play BbS very often in future.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Anyone willing to help me out here? This is really frustrating and I'm ready to give up on the Plat if there isn't a fix. Sucks because I'm 73% of the way there already...

Is it possible this is what happened, MSullivan?

Something else to try (Battle Level Glitch) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

More information with links to even more information:

Battle level glitch intended or not? - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

If that is the case, it seems the glitch is permanent. You got lucky with Terra, but Ven, who is at the normal level of 6, is going to have to push along some other way. That is, unless I'm misreading it or have bad information. Take a careful read (these aren't the only posts about it on that forum) and see what you can do.

Last edited:

MSullivan6592

Is it possible this is what happened, MSullivan?

Something else to try (Battle Level Glitch) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

More information with links to even more information:

Battle level glitch intended or not? - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

If that is the case, it seems the glitch is permanent. You got lucky with Terra, but Ven, who is at the normal level of 6, is going to have to push along some other way. That is, unless I'm misreading it or have bad information. Take a careful read (these aren't the only posts about it on that forum) and see what you can do.

Wow, thanks so much for the comprehensive reply!

Wow. What an odd glitch. No one seems to know why or how, or whether or not the levels increasing is the glitch, or the levels not increasing is. Bizarre. It's even more odd because all of my friends who also own the game have respective RG levels of 10 and 9 for Terra and Ven.

I'm going to try deleting the system data and beating the FE and see what it does.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Wow, thanks so much for the comprehensive reply!

Wow. What an odd glitch. No one seems to know why or how, or whether or not the levels increasing is the glitch, or the levels not increasing is. Bizarre. It's even more odd because all of my friends who also own the game have respective RG levels of 10 and 9 for Terra and Ven.

I'm going to try deleting the system data and beating the FE and see what it does.

For anyone who hasn't checked the threads: it seems the Terra and Ven files can mis-read the final episode in... some manner. This impacts the difficulty level of Radiant Garden: either the glitch causes the level to rise from 6 to 9/10, or the glitch causes the files to stay at 6 when they're supposed to go up!

But like MSullivan summarized, no one knows whether the game is supposed to upgrade their levels or leave them at 6, so it's become a huge tangle. If you don't know which is the glitch, you can't know which players actually have the glitch, so can't work out what they did to get it!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ha! I have never played on a higher difficulty in any other games unless a trophy is required of it like KH2FM and BBSFM. Yep, obviously.. But at least I'm trying to clear them up. ^_^

Nah, not if you're careful and doesn't get hit much. Of course, it's hard to get the S rank but this is on a higher level than usual, so that's that.

*I got your request and accepted! :3*

Thanks for accepting! :)

Anyway, here's the video where I noticed how work on Maniac Mode. When you see the player using the Magnega and Thundaga. That's just to get rid of the first few pots until the big one spawns.

[video=youtube;IGON4ZG00_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGON4ZG00_E[/video]

wolfshadow

These next couple of weeks are going to be a drag until the 18th. or a matter of when my mom decides to ship up kh2.5 and the ps3 they got me. It would be awesome if I get it before sunday since mail doesn't run that day. But, I'm almost half tempted to beat re:com first when I get the ps3 only so I can unlock the japanese theater mode in 2.5 if that is a thing?

MSullivan6592

For anyone who hasn't checked the threads: it seems the Terra and Ven files can mis-read the final episode in... some manner. This impacts the difficulty level of Radiant Garden: either the glitch causes the level to rise from 6 to 9/10, or the glitch causes the files to stay at 6 when they're supposed to go up!

But like MSullivan summarized, no one knows whether the game is supposed to upgrade their levels or leave them at 6, so it's become a huge tangle. If you don't know which is the glitch, you can't know which players actually have the glitch, so can't work out what they did to get it!

I decided to just start Ven's file over completely. I figure it shouldn't take me much longer than 6-7 hours to speedrun it on Standard. Now I'll just know to save a separate Non-Clear-Ven file at KG before fighting Ven's final bosses. That way I can continue to test if the glitch (or anti glitch?) happens again without having to replay the game.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't delved into BBS yet to save separate files prior to the final bosses aside from your clear files so you can figure out the glitch if it happens to you as well.

After some more extensive research, it seems that after you complete Ven's game, you cannot even load his clear file prior to completing the Final Episode with Aqua, or the levels will remain low. Someone recommended that I just beat the final bosses on Ven's clear file to see if it reset, but I think the game recognizes the clear files and non-clear files differently.
\

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Thanks for accepting! :)

Anyway, here's the video where I noticed how work on Maniac Mode. When you see the player using the Magnega and Thundaga. That's just to get rid of the first few pots until the big one spawns.

[video=youtube;IGON4ZG00_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGON4ZG00_E[/video]

No problem! ^_^ And I did it! I finally got the Phil's Training out of the way and I'm still battling my way through the ranks of Paradox Hades Cup.. That is one tough Cup, even at LV99! :O

But I decided to clear up all of the missions throughout the worlds, mainly for fun and to clear the way for the rest of the trophies. :3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
No problem! ^_^ And I did it! I finally got the Phil's Training out of the way and I'm still battling my way through the ranks of Paradox Hades Cup.. That is one tough Cup, even at LV99! :O

But I decided to clear up all of the missions throughout the worlds, mainly for fun and to clear the way for the rest of the trophies. :3

You know, not because I was playing the game on beginner but can't to notice how feeble they made the FF characters compared to KH1. You'll get the hang of it. If you ever feel like synthesizing stat boosts, the tournament will be a breeze to beat. Probably may need to becareful while working on the points though since you're restricted to a minimum amount of HP.

I just found out today about that Birth By Sleep ending is only unlockable by completing the journal on critical mode. Ugh....

Roxie1563

Awards
You know, not because I was playing the game on beginner but can't to notice how feeble they made the FF characters compared to KH1. You'll get the hang of it. If you ever feel like synthesizing stat boosts, the tournament will be a breeze to beat. Probably may need to becareful while working on the points though since you're restricted to a minimum amount of HP.

I just found out today about that Birth By Sleep ending is only unlockable by completing the journal on critical mode. Ugh....

For KH2FM or BBSFM? Because to get the second ending of KH2FM, you have to clear the Journal, beat the Mushroom 13, Data Battles, and Lingering Will.

I don't think BBSFM even have a secret ending beside the Bonus Episode.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
χBladeMaster;6245223 said:
For Critical Mode for KH2FM, you do not need to clear the journal. For all other difficulties, you do.

I'm getting confused about this now lol. So you don't need to complete the journal on Critical mode to unlock the Birth By Sleep ending? And I have to beat two more extra playthroughs? Geezus.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
I'm getting confused about this now lol. So you don't need to complete the journal on Critical mode to unlock the Birth By Sleep ending? And I have to beat two more extra playthroughs? Geezus.

Correct. If you are playing on Critical Mode, you must beat the Lingering Will, Mushroom XIII, and all data battles. This involves beating Xemnas twice. If you have done these things, you will see the Birth by Sleep ending the second time you beat the game.

Roxie1563

Awards

Here:

BeginnerImpossible
CriticalAcquire all 3 proofs (i.e. Proof of Connection - Terra, Proof of Non-existence - Org. Data Rematches, Proof of Tranquility - Mushroom XIII)
ProudComplete Jiminy's Journal
StandardComplete Jiminy's Journal and get all treasures from Gummi Missions (including EX missions)

This is from Gamefaqs.com. So, that should answer the question. ^_^

Precursor Mar

Here:

BeginnerImpossible
CriticalAcquire all 3 proofs (i.e. Proof of Connection - Terra, Proof of Non-existence - Org. Data Rematches, Proof of Tranquility - Mushroom XIII)
ProudComplete Jiminy's Journal
StandardComplete Jiminy's Journal and get all treasures from Gummi Missions (including EX missions)

This is from Gamefaqs.com. So, that should answer the question. ^_^

I believe you also have to get the gold crown on Standard and Proud in order to get the second secret ending on those difficulties.

Roxie1563

Awards
I believe you also have to get the gold crown on Standard and Proud in order to get the second secret ending on those difficulties.

Okay, I think we're all confused. xD Either way, we know we want to get the double secret ending!

So, Mar... Have you tried beating the Paradox Hades Cup? I know I haven't and it's kinda annoying me off. :/ Just give me 10 rounds and done!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I decided to just start Ven's file over completely. I figure it shouldn't take me much longer than 6-7 hours to speedrun it on Standard. Now I'll just know to save a separate Non-Clear-Ven file at KG before fighting Ven's final bosses. That way I can continue to test if the glitch (or anti glitch?) happens again without having to replay the game.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't delved into BBS yet to save separate files prior to the final bosses aside from your clear files so you can figure out the glitch if it happens to you as well.

After some more extensive research, it seems that after you complete Ven's game, you cannot even load his clear file prior to completing the Final Episode with Aqua, or the levels will remain low. Someone recommended that I just beat the final bosses on Ven's clear file to see if it reset, but I think the game recognizes the clear files and non-clear files differently.
\

Yikes! I'll try to keep those back-ups in mind. Thanks for the follow-up, and good luck!

Precursor Mar

Okay, I think we're all confused. xD Either way, we know we want to get the double secret ending!

So, Mar... Have you tried beating the Paradox Hades Cup? I know I haven't and it's kinda annoying me off. :/ Just give me 10 rounds and done!

Oh, that? I destroyed that thing days ago. I'm a bit surprised at how easy it was, with Wishing Lamp and Stitch you can beat the high score before the 20th round. Right now all that's left is getting all the Gummi Ship treasures and beat all the EX Gummi missions. After that I'll beat Xemnas again to watch the BBS secret ending.

Yamuraiha

Awards
Started Bbs for the first time I played a little over an hour and boy am I confused with the command decks and the melding thing... I feel like I can mess up there, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back