• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Just make sure you only get 7. I tried having 9 and it felt the same or bit worse...don't know why.

Glavewurn's posts here and here suggests that that isn't the case, saying you need all 15 slots filled to reach 8.5x. I can't imagine it would be the case, I think you may have had a spat of bad luck?

If 15 LL's isn't working for you, robvandam's suggestion to back down to the original 7 may be ideal.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well that's disappointing. Oh well. Congrats on the level 1 go. How did you beat extra bosses with one-shot kills in play?

Thanks! :) I haven`t beaten all of them yet. For Absents I have beaten Zexion and Larxene. I think that if I was able to beat Larxene, I can beat the rest of them. When fighting Marluxia I got to his lat phase so that is doable. When fighting Sephiroth I made some really good progress, and with enough training and attempts I think I can beat him. Just try again and again. Study the movements of the bosses(and reflect!) and etc... All thou hard, LV1 Critical Mode is really a fun experience. You still get all of you major abilities(like guard) trough story progression, so it balances things. I like how the Drive Forms don`t require any exp to lv up(so you get all of the abilities from there as well), and form me that is pretty good game design. In the KH1(1.5 version) version it is different. You don`t get most you abilities at all. You have to play the whole game without guard. It is insane! Luckily you get dodge roll. Without that I think couldn`t have beaten it. Oh, and imagine Ice Titan without guard. :D You have to reflect the ice spikes back with your attacks. Man that was hard.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I managed to beat Roxas, Larxene, Marulixa, Luxord, Zexion, and Lexalus, Demyx, too last night! :D Now all that left is to beat Axel, Saix, Xadlin, Vexen, Xibarg, and Xemnas..

Now I need tips on how to beat Axel because he's the most hardcore fighter to beat and it doesn't help that the flame pillars keep popping whenever I roll out of the way. :/ I swear, he likes to troll me whenever I try to do something!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
So, I managed to beat Roxas, Larxene, Marulixa, Luxord, Zexion, and Lexalus, Demyx, too last night! :D Now all that left is to beat Axel, Saix, Xadlin, Vexen, Xibarg, and Xemnas..

Now I need tips on how to beat Axel because he's the most hardcore fighter to beat and it doesn't help that the flame pillars keep popping whenever I roll out of the way. :/ I swear, he likes to troll me whenever I try to do something!

The hardest part about the battle with Axel is that you need to combo him right nearby the flame walls so that he can go inside them and have the Reaction Command prompts show up so that you can clear the arena (well, the floor, anyways) of the fire. Use that while also making liberal use of Reflega and Limit Form, and you should be good to go. It took me several tries because he kept trolling me, too, but I eventually learned to just Guard and Reflect nearly everything.

Also, if you already knew about dispelling the fire on the floor thing, then I apologize for being too redundant.

Anyways, in case anyone is interested, I FINALLY beat the Terra's Lingering Sentiment Last Night and saw the unlockable movie, "Birth by Sleep" after beating Xemnas again! Holy crap, did it take me forever, but I finally pulled through!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Axel is also weak against blizzard so you can use that against him. Equip blizzard boost from you abilities(if you have one), and also equip the Keyblade you get from completing Atlantica. It has also an blizzard boost ability. When you have gotten out of the fire wall phase, just spam blizzzaga on him. That should cool him off.

Also it helped me a lot when I disabled quick run, and used only dodge roll. I always panicked and ended up quick running to the fire walls, killing myself.

Anagram

Banned
So I've been giving these gummy missions a go and....I just don't like them. However they are really all that's keeping me from the Birth by Sleep trailer. To unlock it just how much of these missions do I need to do? Is just completing them once enough?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I unlocked the Craftsman trophy and managed to beat Zexion. Book world was a complete bitch but it felt so satisfying beating him. I tried my hand at Vexen and I probably could have taken him down. I'm gonna farm a couple more power boosts before I go back and face him.

Roxie1563

Awards
The hardest part about the battle with Axel is that you need to combo him right nearby the flame walls so that he can go inside them and have the Reaction Command prompts show up so that you can clear the arena (well, the floor, anyways) of the fire. Use that while also making liberal use of Reflega and Limit Form, and you should be good to go. It took me several tries because he kept trolling me, too, but I eventually learned to just Guard and Reflect nearly everything.

Also, if you already knew about dispelling the fire on the floor thing, then I apologize for being too redundant.

Anyways, in case anyone is interested, I FINALLY beat the Terra's Lingering Sentiment Last Night and saw the unlockable movie, "Birth by Sleep" after beating Xemnas again! Holy crap, did it take me forever, but I finally pulled through!

Wow, nice tips! :D And yes, I knew about the fire floor.

I almost, ALMOST had him when he did the overtaker thing over and over while I was in Limit form overusing too much of AA and I died from one of them! D: I could feel my heartbeat thumping inside me and I knew I was so freaking close to beating his little flame butt!

On the flip side, I did beat Xigbar without worry. ^_^ Simply block and Refectga the shots then follow it up with one attack then HS over and over (it helps to have the Ultima Weapon then Curaga to keep the Berserk Charge going with HS). I nearly died when he did his DM but lucky enough, Donald had the mind to heal me at the last second! :D

Of course, I decided to take a break by playing a bit of BBS on Critical Mode. ^_^

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Wow, nice tips! :D And yes, I knew about the fire floor.

I almost, ALMOST had him when he did the overtaker thing over and over while I was in Limit form overusing too much of AA and I died from one of them! D: I could feel my heartbeat thumping inside me and I knew I was so freaking close to beating his little flame butt!

On the flip side, I did beat Xigbar without worry. ^_^ Simply block and Refectga the shots then follow it up with one attack then HS over and over (it helps to have the Ultima Weapon then Curaga to keep the Berserk Charge going with HS). I nearly died when he did his DM but lucky enough, Donald had the mind to heal me at the last second! :D

Of course, I decided to take a break by playing a bit of BBS on Critical Mode. ^_^

By the way Roxie, if you really want to kill off Axel. You have to make sure the floor of fire is gone if you want to beat him. If the arena is still on fire and his HP is already down to 0. You MUST clear the floor to knock him out.

I'm actually worried continuing BBS on critical. I'm not used to the gameplay mechanic yet lol.

Roxie1563

Awards
By the way Roxie, if you really want to kill off Axel. You have to make sure the floor of fire is gone if you want to beat him. If the arena is still on fire and his HP is already down to 0. You MUST clear the floor to knock him out.

I'm actually worried continuing BBS on critical. I'm not used to the gameplay mechanic yet lol.

Actually, the floor was not on fire this time yet he kept on doing the overtaker thing. :/ I knew I should have stopped right there, but I just wanted him gone! x3

Well, if it helps, you're not alone on that.. of course, it does help to play around with the others during the training session. I got the shotlock down. ^_^

I'm thinking of playing some Command Board so I can level some stuff up then meld it to gain all of the abilities needed to really survive this mode.

Megavoltage

Awards
Those data battles and mushrooms were exhausting but I 100%'d my Kingdom Hearts 2 Remix journal. I had to cheese Lingering Will with the Fenrir + Negative Combo cheat, though. I'll go back and fight him proper, I was just in a hurry to finish the journal. I'm so happy that I finally got to experience all of the Final Mix stuff. SO MUCH content! It's just not the same reading about it on the internet, you gotta play it yourself. Now after I 100% the gummi routes I'll go to Birth by Sleep.

Precursor Mar

Axel used to give me a lot of trouble at first, but when you get the hang of him he's pretty easy. Not much I can say other than to go out of your way to block his attacks, and use Limit Form to quickly get his RC when the floor's on fire. If he gets too crazy with his attacks then just glide around the arena. Don't get too close to the wall of fire or a flame pillar will come out.

So I've been giving these gummy missions a go and....I just don't like them. However they are really all that's keeping me from the Birth by Sleep trailer. To unlock it just how much of these missions do I need to do? Is just completing them once enough?

If you're playing on Standard then you need to 100% all of them, which includes EX missions and treasures.

LedxirnSimon

Axel used to give me a lot of trouble at first, but when you get the hang of him he's pretty easy. Not much I can say other than to go out of your way to block his attacks, and use Limit Form to quickly get his RC when the floor's on fire. If he gets too crazy with his attacks then just glide around the arena. Don't get too close to the wall of fire or a flame pillar will come out.

If you're playing on Standard then you need to 100% all of them, which includes EX missions and treasures.

Actually you can guard all of his desperation attack before the last attack, then dodge or quick run away from it. :)

I wish drive forms could load faster before setting up for a time attack. ;~;

you know you can beat larxene in 12 seconds using rumbling rose chain + relfega combo.

[video=youtube_share;fzzZF68aFEc]http://youtu.be/fzzZF68aFEc[/video]

Roxie1563

Awards

You haven't seen me play against Axel. x3 But I suppose it's all about timing and skills (I lack in skills as of now. xD). I'm not giving up to beat him and everybody left in the Garden. :D

Anagram

Banned
I started a level one playthrough today. Already I am beginning to wonder if I have latent masochist tendencies.....

Than you! Finally got an answer on this. All Google or any site was to beat but not whether to 100% or not.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I started a level one playthrough today. Already I am beginning to wonder if I have latent masochist tendencies.....

Don`t give up! You can do it. This playthrough can be quite challenging, but playing it is quite fun. You have to plan and make strategies for certain enemies/bosses, and that is what makes LV1 Crtical mode setting so fun. Using Limits, Reflect and reaction commands feels good, since you have to use them to survive some of the encounters. The beginning itself is hard, since you don`t have any evasive moves. Guard helps a bit, but it gets much easier when you have quick run and dodge roll.

May I ask where you are currently in you playhtrogh?

Anagram

Banned
I'm only at the fight at the Bailey so far. Years ago this is as far as I got. lol

Edit. Just beat it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think that if you are able to beat Demyx at Hollow Bastion and the fight with the FF crew after that you can complete this playhtrough. That part was one of the hardest for me(all though I have heard that summons are effective on him). There will be later parts which are also hard like The Experiment and most of the Org fights in The World That Never Was, but what I have heard the Demyx part is a breaking point for some players.

I`m trying to progress a bit further to Cavern of Remambrance today. Before that I have to get one more level up for my Final Form, so that I can max my glide. I`m not sure if am able to beat the last Nobody wave in the white hall. Sorcerers and Dancers are really scary when you fight against them on LV1. The Dancers grab move one shot kills you, and the cubes that the Sorcerer`s sent are deadly also. Still I am gonna try.

Anagram

Banned
Have you tried Stitch? Just summon him and let him roam the screen and he'll occasionally blast anything coming at you and he keeps your mp at max. Summons work best in Demyx. I leaned that on other difficulty modes.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Vexen went down last night. I took down Xigbar, Xaldin, and Demyx today. All that's left to do is Zebraman.

The following will help people farm Serenity Crystals which are pretty much essential for synthing stuff.

[video=youtube;qZA3OTq2bLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZA3OTq2bLY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back