• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
I got the platinum for KH2FM last night!!!! Definitely easier and quicker than either game in 1.5, even with doing everything on critical. Now I'm going to take a break from Kingdom Hearts and focus on some other games. I'll probably start BBSFM in a month or so.

Anagram

Banned
Made it to Timeless River on level one. Hercules world was easier for me than I expected. lol
Also on level one trinity limit is your friend.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Haha, I know right? I suppose he's the easiest fight to handle when it comes to blocking his shots. Plus it did help to keep him on a loop so he won't do the DM (Granted, he did use his DM, but that was when I was close to dying. (Thank you, Donald!) ).

I think I'll try my shot again at Axel someday soon. I'm too busy playing BBS to do that. :3

Don't worry. You'll get him eventually. :)

So I started playing BBS now and I have to say that the camera is a little... odd. I like how we have control over it but there's something just kind of weird about it. It's like... too zoomed in? I didn't remember it feeling the way it does on here like it did on the PSP. Did anyone else have this feeling?

It was the same way with me. After having beat Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix and being so used to that camera being able to zoom out, having a camera in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix with such restrictions really threw me off. My only explanation for this was that it was originally a portable game which explained why there was such a bad case of screen crunch, but I had hoped that they would have rectified that in II.5 to make the experience easier. Still, the game's playable enough for me to where it's not too much of a hindrance...until I tried accessing Pete's Rec Room in Disney Town, anyway...

Yeah, I agree. I've just watched a video of someone doing the fight and I really think his original battle quotes fit the battle better. He sounded so incredibly angry in the original and you can also hear the frustration in his grunts whenever he gets hit, as if he took Axel's death really hard and this is him taking it out on Sora. The Ven quotes kind of ruin it tbh, it doesn't fit the context of the fight, he's supposed to be pissed the hell off and the original perfectly reflected that.

Couldn't agree more with this. There was far more of an edgier feel to Roxas' quotes which fit him better since he's a darker character than Ventus personality-wise.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Anyone got any advice for the 13 Mushsrooms, especially no. 1.
For number 1, use final form. And don't push triangle right away. There's actually two reaction commands. As soon as it changes you have to push it though. You can actually get a nice rythm down if you do it right. And don't use a full combo. It only takes so many hits before it starts the dodge "dance" again.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
For number 1, use final form. And don't push triangle right away. There's actually two reaction commands. As soon as it changes you have to push it though. You can actually get a nice rythm down if you do it right. And don't use a full combo. It only takes so many hits before it starts the dodge "dance" again.

Should I remove my combos for it, does it matter the keyblade?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Should I remove my combos for it, does it matter the keyblade?

Not really. I personally used Final Form. When you've done the 'Quick Slide', you jump and then attack once. You repeat this process. Jumping in Final Form lets you deal a couple of hits.

Also pay very close attention to how the Mushroom goes into a complete stop when he does the Reversal, that's when you should press Triangle.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not really. I personally used Final Form. When you've done the 'Quick Slide', you jump and then attack once. You repeat this process. Jumping in Final Form lets you deal a couple of hits.

Also pay very close attention to how the Mushroom goes into a complete stop when he does the Reversal, that's when you should press Triangle.

Got it, well I am tackling the ones I can do since you can do them out of order.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Argh! For a few hours I have been trying to beat the 3 Nobody wave in Cavern of Remmabrance, and let me tell you, it is hard. It was hard when I was doing it normally, and on LV1 it is a nightmare! If you don`t pay attention at all times what is happening, you are dead. In one wave I was looking what the Dragons in the air might do, and suddenly a Dancer grabbed me killed me. 10 minutes of hard work wasted in seconds. You will also love Sorcerers. I have strategy if one shows up alone, but if another comes, or any other Nobody spawns at the same time, it comes really difficult. I manged to get to the last wave, so I think I might beat it. Mangenega, Donalds Comet limit, and Elixers are your best pals in that fight. If this dosen`t work, I will try with Summons next.

I also played BBS again. It is not as polished as KH2, but man I like to play as Ven. :) I think I might try get some cool attacks for him. I was able to Ars Arcanum for him when I played the game on PSP, so I think I will do it again. Super glide looks also fun.

If KH3 could combine KH1/KH2 fluid gameplay, with BBS blocking and smart bosses, it would be really cool.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
So you're playing on level 1 too~ I'm currently playing BBS as Aqua on Critical level 1 and trying to get all arena missions done... Right now I'm trying to win Keepers of the Arena, and gee, it seems impossible X__X Playing BBS on level 1 is actually real fun, the beginning is difficult until you get used to the fact that 1-2 hits kill you easily, after that phase I loved playing on level 1, but those arena missions are urghhhhh... however, the satisfaction of beating them is huge xD I wonder if it's even possible to get Ultima Weapon like this..........
*goes back to the "I'll never get Ultima Weapon like this" corner*

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Argh! For a few hours I have been trying to beat the 3 Nobody wave in Cavern of Remmabrance, and let me tell you, it is hard. It was hard when I was doing it normally, and on LV1 it is a nightmare! If you don`t pay attention at all times what is happening, you are dead. In one wave I was looking what the Dragons in the air might do, and suddenly a Dancer grabbed me killed me. 10 minutes of hard work wasted in seconds. You will also love Sorcerers. I have strategy if one shows up alone, but if another comes, or any other Nobody spawns at the same time, it comes really difficult. I manged to get to the last wave, so I think I might beat it. Mangenega, Donalds Comet limit, and Elixers are your best pals in that fight. If this dosen`t work, I will try with Summons next.

I also played BBS again. It is not as polished as KH2, but man I like to play as Ven. :) I think I might try get some cool attacks for him. I was able to Ars Arcanum for him when I played the game on PSP, so I think I will do it again. Super glide looks also fun.

If KH3 could combine KH1/KH2 fluid gameplay, with BBS blocking and smart bosses, it would be really cool.

Ouch, I feel your pain! I had a helluva time tackling that last room without Second Chance. I can't even fathom how difficult it is at only level 1. Your strategy looks pretty good. Magnega is surprisingly useful during that particular stretch.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So you're playing on level 1 too~ I'm currently playing BBS as Aqua on Critical level 1 and trying to get all arena missions done... Right now I'm trying to win Keepers of the Arena, and gee, it seems impossible X__X Playing BBS on level 1 is actually real fun, the beginning is difficult until you get used to the fact that 1-2 hits kill you easily, after that phase I loved playing on level 1, but those arena missions are urghhhhh... however, the satisfaction of beating them is huge xD I wonder if it's even possible to get Ultima Weapon like this..........

Yeah. 1-2 hit kills are something you will get used to, all though I think second change and once more will make your life easier. Leaf Bracer might also be a big help. With those I think the Arena stuff can be done. I also noticed that while playing as Aqua, triple firaga is a pretty good command. It stuns almost all of the Arena bosses, and if you have more than one of them, you can combo lock some of the bosses. If everything else fails shotlck is you savior. :D

I think the thing I like most of LV1 playhtrough in KH2FM(and KH1 also) is the fact that you have to think. Sure you have to have good reflexes to react to the enemies movements, but you also have to plan your attacks.

Ouch, I feel your pain! I had a helluva time tackling that last room without Second Chance. I can't even fathom how difficult it is at only level 1. Your strategy looks pretty good. Magnega is surprisingly useful during that particular stretch.

Mangnega sure is helpful. The only down side is, that it dosen`t really work against Sorcerers. It does stop them, but the red cubes which they use still move. I think if more than one comes at me in one go, they together might be harder than some of the bosses. I think the 3 wave is even harder than Sephiroth.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Mangnega sure is helpful. The only down side is, that it dosen`t really work against Sorcerers. It does stop them, but the red cubes which they use still move. I think if more than one comes at me in one go, they together might be harder than some of the bosses. I think the 3 wave is even harder than Sephiroth.

It scares me how accurate that statement is. I distinctively remember doing what I usually never do in the Kingdom Hearts games and used tents in order to restore my health and magic (naturally, they're far more useful in the Final Fantasy games) in between the second and third wave thanks to how ferocious the last wave is. I think I went into both Limit and Final Form at least once each time and even used Peter Pan whenever it was necessary. Seriously, that last room was worse than the last Paradox cup! DX

Don't panic. You'll be just fine. Like hemmoheikkinen mentioned earlier, most of these bosses on level 1 require you to study your enemies and plan your attacks accordingly. Bosses like Terra's Lingering Sentiment, Armor of the Master and No Heart require this no matter what level. Just keep plugging along and you'll get that lovely Ultima Weapon in no time. :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Don't panic. You'll be just fine. Like hemmoheikkinen mentioned earlier, most of these bosses on level 1 require you to study your enemies and plan your attacks accordingly. Bosses like Terra's Lingering Sentiment, Armor of the Master and No Heart require this no matter what level. Just keep plugging along and you'll get that lovely Ultima Weapon in no time. :)

Also, to add something even more, Aquas dodge makes things so much more easier(even to point that some people think her dodge is broken). Also because of the modification BBS LV1 got, which is similar to 1.5, your damage output is increased. I saw a video earlier when somebody was doing the No Heart boss with Aqua on LV1. You took massive damage, but the damage Aqua made with her Seeker Mines was pretty big too. I dosen`t take years to kill some bosse, like on original BBS LV1 run. Just try again and again and don`t lose hope!

Also about the studying, I wonder how this will change in KH3? Nomura said that the enemies will be smarter and won`t have patterns anymore. KH3 difficulty might be something very interesting.

Megavoltage

Awards
I distinctively remember doing what I usually never do in the Kingdom Hearts games and used tents in order to restore my health and magic
Same with me! I have never ever used tents before in the entire Kingdom Hearts series except for that insane Nobody hallway.
I hope KH3 and all future games have an area like this. We have a ton of optional super bosses but Cavern of Remembrance is unique due to being an optional super level, with difficult platforming and ultra powerful mobs. I really enjoyed it.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I remember when I got through Mushroom 1 that's when I knew I was going to platinum the game. I had more attempts on that one than Mushroom 8. Which one was 10 again?

Anagram

Banned
I finally got past Port Royal today on my level one run. Barbossa gave me trouble. It's strange how level one is somehow fun but annoying.

kreezy64

Awards
May have been answered but what is the 3rd mini game listed in agrabah's journal entry? I've got the skate board one and magic carpet, the Chasm of Challenges wasn't a part of the mini games apparently

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
May have been answered but what is the 3rd mini game listed in agrabah's journal entry? I've got the skate board one and magic carpet, the Chasm of Challenges wasn't a part of the mini games apparently

The Third Minigame is Mushroom XIII: No. 5. He should be located in the Treasure Room in the Cave of Wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back