• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
It is a really cool and fun fight on LV1. I just managed to record my run yesterday. I have done it before, but this time I even recorded my run. All thou it dosen`t feel so special when there are tons of videos on YouTube where other people do it also. I kind of miss the old times when I even didn`t know YouTube existed. I remember calling to my cousin and asking about his progression in KH1. Then he asked mine and etc... He told me there was this mysterious man with a long sword in Olympus Coliseum. When i defeated Sephiroth months later and my cousin couldn`t beat him I felt like the king of the world.

By the way here is my Marluxia LV1 run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG1J_BKwyM
The quality is really bad and I mumble stuff in Finish at the end, but I hope this dosen`t bother anyone.

The Data version is even more harder, since he starts to teleport at the end of the fight. I was jumping over one of the rose petal pools,then he teleported and killed me in the air. I was so close to victory! :( Still a very fun fight!
Thanks for sharing man, that was awesome! It'd take me forever to do that. I understand what you're saying though about Youtube. It used to cool knowing that you're the only one of friends who can do it. Now hundreds of people do the same thing or do it "better" lol. Let me know once you get the Data version up?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Thanks for sharing man, that was awesome! It'd take me forever to do that. I understand what you're saying though about Youtube. It used to cool knowing that you're the only one of friends who can do it. Now hundreds of people do the same thing or do it "better" lol. Let me know once you get the Data version up?

Thanks! :)
Marluxia can be done once you learn to time your guards against his attacks. Also about the YouTube thing, when I completed KH2FM on LV1 I felt really great(I kind of still do). But then I saw Cybemrna65(this guy is really good at KH) post a speedrun on KH2FM LV1 where he completes the game in 4 hours and with six deaths only, that was, well... Let just say I didn`t feel special anymore. But it is the personal achievement which counts the most, and I had fun doing that playhtrough. :)

I try to put my phone on better position, so the quality of the video might be little better next time. I`ll post link here when I manage to beat him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I finally beat KH2 100% on Critical Mode, now on to BBS!
5lnfuv.jpg
Congrats on the shiny new platinum! Good luck with Birth by Sleep :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The way I did it: Master form and react after he stops. If you react while he is still switching behind you, you will get into a switching dance which wastes time.

Yeah, I noticed that one. Maybe the "switching dance" is why I never seem to get over 50 hits in. It's apparently a real timing challenge and I usually suck at those.
Along with Mushroom VIII and X, I is probably the most annoying in my book.

What I did for Mushroom I was use Wisdom Form and attacked after I used Reversal. I usually waited about a split second after the command appears before hitting triangle.

As for the Organization members, I tried to go from XIII on down to I, but when I got to Luxord and his timing mini-game at the end, I got so frustrated that I had to take a break from the game for a couple of weeks. I'd still recommend saving Xemnas for last since he not only has two fights instead of one, but he is also the most difficult of the Data battles by virtue of that one attack where he tries to steal Sora's heart and you are forced to play as Riku (I'd usually just spam Session once I'm about halfway down that boss fight). I beat all of them eventually, by going Roxas, Larxene, Marluxia, Saix, Demyx, Luxord, Axel, Zexion, Lexeaus, Vexen, Xaldin, Xigbar and finally Xemnas.

Getting that timing right is still a problem for me. Sometimes I get it right three times in a row only to fuck up on the fourth time and mess up my score. I usually use Final Form when engaging the little critter.

If I go by my original idea going around the room clockwise starting with Larxene, Xemnas would be the 7th one to face. Considering how they're all superior to Sephiroth in terms of difficulty though, I'm probably going to switch around accessoires and armors individually for every single data battle anyways, like i.e. equipping all thunder-resistance stuff against Larxene and magic enhancing accessoires so Explosion has more bite. Not to mention some intense guarding practice to defend against continuous attacks.

Beat Sephiroth on Critical Mode. with some luck and Sonic Blade invincible frames when Sephiorth used Descend Heartless Angel, I beat him.

That's one of the reasons why I forbid myself from using Limit Form when facing Sephy, as this Drive Form makes him nearly a joke to fight.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Thank you! By the way anyone have a rough idea how hard Unknown is on Critcal Mode compared to Lingering Will on Critcal Mode??

I personally think Mysterious Figure is easier and a lot shorter than Lingering Will because you don't really need to remember a set of attack patterns. He's not too bad with Ventus and Aqua. However, if you're playing with Terra, you will need some luck on your side due to his lack of invincibility frames when dodging.

Anagram

Banned
Finally beat the Mysterious Figure today with Aqua. Thunder Surge really is OP as fuck. lol
I don't see myself doing this again with Ven or Terra either. haha

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
I just got the game today. So far, I only got to the point where you get sora again. I had forgotton how quick, KH2 compared tothe other games. way to quick for my tastes somtimes. It's stunning in HD though. I have to finish 1.5 so my aim wasn't to get to far. Just get the feel of what its like in HD

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I finally beat KH2 100% on Critical Mode, now on to BBS!
5lnfuv.jpg

Awesome job! You have far more ambition than I do. I could never even attempt to platinum any game, especially one as meaty as Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix.

It is a really cool and fun fight on LV1. I just managed to record my run yesterday. I have done it before, but this time I even recorded my run. All thou it dosen`t feel so special when there are tons of videos on YouTube where other people do it also. I kind of miss the old times when I even didn`t know YouTube existed. I remember calling to my cousin and asking about his progression in KH1. Then he asked mine and etc... He told me there was this mysterious man with a long sword in Olympus Coliseum. When i defeated Sephiroth months later and my cousin couldn`t beat him I felt like the king of the world.

By the way here is my Marluxia LV1 run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG1J_BKwyM
The quality is really bad and I mumble stuff in Finish at the end, but I hope this dosen`t bother anyone.

The Data version is even more harder, since he starts to teleport at the end of the fight. I was jumping over one of the rose petal pools,then he teleported and killed me in the air. I was so close to victory! :( Still a very fun fight!

Watching your video made me realize just how much of a pain a level 1 run on Critical Mode must be. Having only one hit point for Marluxia's battle (especially his Data battle) must be a nightmare. I recently stated that the Data battle was easier for me than the Absent Silhouette battle because I was allowed to actually take hits now, but that was at level 99 with the Ultima weapon. A level 1 run with the Kingdom Key is far more difficult (though, I'd daresay, far more rewarding as well).

Also, yeah, I sort of miss the days when YouTube wasn't really a thing. I would always amaze my friends and family with my "Video Game Videos" I made by connecting my VCR (yeah, anyone remember those?) to my gaming consoles and recorded things like Super Smash Brothers Melee, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Mario World, Kingdom Hearts and such. Nowadays that novelty is gone...

Getting that timing right is still a problem for me. Sometimes I get it right three times in a row only to diddly up on the fourth time and mess up my score. I usually use Final Form when engaging the little critter.

Trust me, it took me hours to get the damn timing down and I still get hit every once in a while. By the time I was done, I wasn't sure how much of it was me finally getting the timing right and how much of it was luck actually being on my side for a change. Luxord's mini game in his Data battle (which you have to do at least once in order to defeat him) is INFURIATING because of this.

If I go by my original idea going around the room clockwise starting with Larxene, Xemnas would be the 7th one to face. Considering how they're all superior to Sephiroth in terms of difficulty though, I'm probably going to switch around accessoires and armors individually for every single data battle anyways, like i.e. equipping all thunder-resistance stuff against Larxene and magic enhancing accessoires so Explosion has more bite. Not to mention some intense guarding practice to defend against continuous attacks.

One very important thing to note about the Xemnas Data battle is that you fight the solo one first. Once you beat that, you automatically go to the menu screen which shows that Riku is now in your party and you can then adjust equipment there. What I did was give him nothing but Elixirs for that battle. Saved me more than once, especially near the end.

Finally beat the Mysterious Figure today with Aqua. Thunder Surge really is OP as diddly. lol
I don't see myself doing this again with Ven or Terra either. haha

Great to hear! I only ever beat that guy as Aqua. Ventus, from what I've heard, can do decently well against him, but I've heard far too many horror stories involving that battle using Terra.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if and when they bring this to current-gen, i'd appreciate a file transfer and a retry button in the K.O. menu.

really sort of jarring and frustrating.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Soooo...I played Ice Cream Beat last night and I just discovered something of magnificent importance: THEY ACTUALLY MADE THAT FREAKING MINI GAME PLAYABLE!!!

Seriously, I actually managed to beat it on my first time, something that I could NEVER do on the PSP version of the game!

Anagram

Banned
Icecream beat playable? You speak madness!! Now I'll have to try it myself.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Poor Aurora. Gets the same treatment here that she got in the movie but this time with even less character development and dialogue. I had a BBS disney movie marathon before starting the playthrough.

hlc1988

Awards
Soooo...I played Ice Cream Beat last night and I just discovered something of magnificent importance: THEY ACTUALLY MADE THAT FREAKING MINI GAME PLAYABLE!!!

Seriously, I actually managed to beat it on my first time, something that I could NEVER do on the PSP version of the game!

This is my first time playing BBS and I've found Ice Cream Beat so difficult to get the hang of but I'm finally making progress! I just need to get Fantastic on Destiny Islands Master to unlock the last song. Anyone know what score I need to get to get Fantastic on it?

Anagram

Banned
Anyone have tips for Eraqus armor? I'm able to get him two bars down but nothing I have does much damage. Any command recommendations?

Edit. Nevermind. Got him! :biggrin:

Last edited:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I noticed that too. There was definitely something wrong with the PSP version. Either the music and the visual prompt were not synced up, or the time interval for a successful "hit" was off/ too unforgiving. I don't know which it was but it did not feel natural to play. This new version however feels exactly how it should.

hlc1988

Awards
Do we have to pass everything to get 100% completion in the Journal in BBS? Or are there certain things that you can just try and not pass and still get 100% as the entry appears?

Anagram

Banned
I did it!!! I best No Heart with Aqua! His strategy was basically Vanitas Remnants. Mine square and guard.
I'm still having trouble with ice cream beat though.

hlc1988

Awards
I did it!!! I best No Heart with Aqua! His strategy was basically Vanitas Remnants. Mine square and guard.
I'm still having trouble with ice cream beat though.

I've found if I spend a few hours going through the same song I quickly get the hang of it... It troubled me too at first but it is possible if you press X just as it reaches the small circle. If that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back