• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure you're right. 90%. I know you get a chest for clearing the Data battles, I'm just not sure if it's the listed chest or if a chest is added to your list when you do it. Someone was asking about that very chest a few weeks back and I don't remember how they phrased it. Clearly I haven't won the data-battles myself.

That other chest Divine Past is missing is just sitting around somewhere. I'm a little curious which one it is. If Divine Past plays like me, it's probably one of the ones really high up in the first room.

I don't believe it's the last one because the page that shows the chest that have been collected have the 2 missing ones right next to each and the last chest as found. So I imagine beating the 13 data battles adds an extra chest to the collection.

And I'm very sure it's before the room where you need to quick run to bypass the steam pipes but still will be pain to go through to search again.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I think one of the chests in the cavern you get after you defeat all the absent silhouettes. Because in the journal, the one most people are missing is at the very bottom of the list. I never personally did all that. But where else would it be?

I'm pretty sure you're right. 90%. I know you get a chest for clearing the Data battles, I'm just not sure if it's the listed chest or if a chest is added to your list when you do it. Someone was asking about that very chest a few weeks back and I don't remember how they phrased it. Clearly I haven't won the data-battles myself.

That other chest Divine Past is missing is just sitting around somewhere. I'm a little curious which one it is. If Divine Past plays like me, it's probably one of the ones really high up in the first room.

This is correct. I managed to nab every single chest except the one on the very bottom on my first (successful) run in the Cavern of Remembrance. That one only showed up after I managed to defeat all of the Data Battles (some of which are a pain on Critical, I might add).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I did find the 2 chest which were both in the first cavern room which is always a nice surprise. Have beaten Data Roxas,Xigbar,Demyx (which was a pain) but almost there! (Note the last chest that appears after beating the data battles is listed in the journal.)

Also I spent about half an hour doing the 2nd to last puzzle which was the COM one. I might have to reevaluate my life.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Argh! Managed to down Lingering Will down to 5 HP bars in LV, the I panicked and used quick run in the wrong time, ending my good run against him. Dam! At least know I know he is possible to do, but even with the loop strategy he is hard. One the most annoying part in the fight is that when you reach certain HP bars, LW will counter-attack without an warning. The first comes when you deplete 5 PH bars. You have to have 100% focus in that fight all the time, and also keep checking the HP bar. It makes the fight even harder. It is kind of like in the Sephiroth fight in KH1 were you have to count your hits, since after every 7th hit Sephy will retaliate. You can survive Sephys counter-attack, but LW will kill you if you don`t pay attention while fighting against him.

hlc1988

Awards
You've done better then me at the Lingering Will... I can't even hit him before he kills me. I'm probably not as much of a good player as the rest of you are... I haven't even been able to defeat any of the data battles apart from Roxas and Larxene. In the end I gave up completely and moved onto BBS and then replaying KH1 and CoM. I may go back to KH2 now and give those battles another go.

Badger

You've done better then me at the Lingering Will... I can't even hit him before he kills me. I'm probably not as much of a good player as the rest of you are... I haven't even been able to defeat any of the data battles apart from Roxas and Larxene. In the end I gave up completely and moved onto BBS and then replaying KH1 and CoM. I may go back to KH2 now and give those battles another go.
Don't feel bad, I haven't even been able to beat Larxene! (Is there like a rubber suit I can buy somewhere??!) And I seriously thought I was going to have to quit when I met up with Roxas the first time. I took a break too, but I'll go back when I actually look up some strategies XD

So don't worry, just have fun. It doesn't always have to be a competition of who's 'better'.

hlc1988

Awards
^ You could always use the Fenrir trick on LW if it's that hard.

Err, what's the Fenrir trick?

It took me seven years to originally beat Sephiroth on KH2. By that, it didn't take me 7 years of effort trying to beat him. I gave up, lost interest in the game and it was only recently, just before 2.5 came out that my brother wanted to see the Sephiroth fight from KH2 so I booted up my old PS2 (I was surprised it still worked) and I still had my old save and then promptly beat Sephiroth on the spot, seven years after I had given up on the game. The Lingering Will will probably take me twice that amount of time lol.

Don't feel bad, I haven't even been able to beat Larxene! (Is there like a rubber suit I can buy somewhere??!) And I seriously thought I was going to have to quit when I met up with Roxas the first time. I took a break too, but I'll go back when I actually look up some strategies XD

So don't worry, just have fun. It doesn't always have to be a competition of who's 'better'.

I only beat Larxene with extreme luck. Yeah, the Roxas/Sora battle in the narrative was a pain for me too... But I levelled up and beat him.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
This is how I beat lingering will. It takes a few attempts to get, but it works. Be sure to keep on him though. And don't heaitate. It works.

Anagram

Banned
Err, what's the Fenrir trick?

It took me seven years to originally beat Sephiroth on KH2. By that, it didn't take me 7 years of effort trying to beat him. I gave up, lost interest in the game and it was only recently, just before 2.5 came out that my brother wanted to see the Sephiroth fight from KH2 so I booted up my old PS2 (I was surprised it still worked) and I still had my old save and then promptly beat Sephiroth on the spot, seven years after I had given up on the game. The Lingering Will will probably take me twice that amount of time lol.

I only beat Larxene with extreme luck. Yeah, the Roxas/Sora battle in the narrative was a pain for me too... But I levelled up and beat him.
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WhSKV292s&list=FLio5DV5eRP892cFj_mb9okA&index=10

The trick works and it's good for those that find him to hard the "right way".

Interesting trick. I will attempt it on Lingering Will eventually.
I only beat him normally once myself. It feels good to use it to troll him after all these years.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Made a few attempts last night and couldn't even initiate it. It seems it's only possible on the move set where he starts with the 3 Sonic Blade type attacks and the Whip or the one where he begins with the Shotlock....and even then it's tough.

itwasmybedtime

just finished aqua's story for the first time (NO THESE ARE NOT TEARS I'M JUST SWEATING), only dear Ven left. I think I'm going to miss her though, I was too used to her fighting style.

also I still think Vanitas had a crush on her lol (my little heart still can dream right? at least i'm sure my younger brother has one)

Anagram

Banned
Made a few attempts last night and couldn't even initiate it. It seems it's only possible on the move set where he starts with the 3 Sonic Blade type attacks and the Whip or the one where he begins with the Shotlock....and even then it's tough.

Shotlock? You are talking about the Lingering Will, aka KH2, right?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Shotlock? You are talking about the Lingering Will, aka KH2, right?

Yeah, they mean Ultima Cannon, which is indeed a Shotlock. I dunno, it doesn't bother me so much, it's probably the only attack I have a grasp on. You just Guard it back a few times and try to be standing far enough away when it explodes. I'm... probably not good to give advice here until I've actually cleared the fight, though.

Anagram

Banned
I thought you meant a BBSboss for a minute there. If you mean dodging the LWs cannon you can just guard it like Blacksrazon said. Preferably guard it back at him. If it hits him while he's not attacking it does damage.

hlc1988

Awards
Well, I've started my run through for KH2 in Proud Mode tonight... Quite nervous about it... On the 4th Day now and got Roxas levelled up to 6 and I picked Defense as the most important thing to me. Not sure if that was the right choice but I usually go for Strength.

One of these days I will attempt Critical but for now Proud mode is the highest I've ever gone in any difficulty level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back